Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Frontier | Navara
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-25-2004, 01:22 AM   #1
94tegRS
AF Enthusiast

95 xe v6 4x4 5 speed? weird shifting thing. please read.

ok, I am looking at this 1995 nissan XE V6 4x4 5 speed, it has PM, and only 76k, it is in practically mint condition, and drives pretty good except when you shift it makes this weird feeling in your hand, a friend of mine drove it too and said hes driven a couple and they did it too. the best I could explain it is say you put it in first gear, take off and everything is cool, with your hand on the stick, push in the clutch to shift and you have this feeling like the gera itself, each tooth is clicking against the bottom of the stock so it vibrates in your hand, when goign to 2nd it kinda clicks in, not really a synchro noise, just a clunk, then when you shift to 3rd you feel the same clicking on thew stick as you push in the clutch, then you put it in 3rd and the clunk isnt as noticeable but its there, then push in clutch and it has that clicking at the end of the stick. with the clutch engaged driving normally you dont feel it, if you leave it in a gear and push the clutch it it wont click forever just a few seconds and its gone, even if you dont pull it out of gear.

is this normal for this transmission or is something wrong? to me, it seems like they would have resolved this issue the 2nd year this model came out if it was a natural problem which leads me to believe it is a problem.
-01 R1-04 daytona 600-94 teg RS-95 teg LS
-91 teg RS-92 teg GSR-94 civic CX hatch (3 times)
-94 civic DX-96 civic HX-97 Accord LX-72 superbeetle
-74 beetle-84 silverado-66 c10-74 maverick-78 280z
-84 200sx-86 tercel wagon-95 mustang V6
94tegRS is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Frontier | Navara