Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > F Series
F Series Forum covers questions and discussions regarding Ford F-150, Ford F-250, Ford F-350, Ford F-450, Ford F-550, Ford F-650, and Ford F-750.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-19-2008, 09:25 AM   #1
cobrah
AF Newbie

1994 f150 trans problems

I have a 94 f150. I have some transmission troubles that baffle me. The trans does not slip in anyway and the fluid smells good. THe problem is I can be driving down the road doing fine then the trans just acts like it goes in neutral or something, most times you can pull over and shut the truck off for a minute or so then it is fine for a while. THis is automatic trans. ANy ideas?
cobrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 04:34 PM   #2
ricksacate
AF Newbie

Re: 1994 f150 trans problems

I'm having the same problem with my 88 f250, was wonder if you were able to figure it out.
Thanks, Rick
ricksacate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 04:38 PM   #3
cobrah
AF Newbie

Not a clue and evidentally no one else on here does either.
cobrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 10:16 PM   #4
jmw.bullseye
AF Newbie

I own a 1994 F150 4x4 5.8 Automatic. I had the transmission replaced with a factory rebuild about 25M miles ago because the original transmission seemed to slip out of gear and back into gear intermittently and sometimes violently at any speed.

I replaced this transmission and now the new rebuilt transmission is doing the same exact thing.

One fella told me to have the torque converter checked.

I would appreciate any ideas you may have to correct the problem. Other than this transmission issue, the truck is one great vehicle despite its age. HELP!
jmw.bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 11:18 PM   #5
fx42004
AF Newbie

The same problem started today with me at 71k. 2 dealers told me they have never heard of it and sounded like a 4th gear band problem....2-3k rebuild. I have no messages .....Went to a local tranny guy recommended by a friend. He laughed when I walked in the door and told me why I was there. He does about 10 of these ford trannys a month. Its either a " snap ring" i think he said or the 4th gear rebuild. the snap ring is about 200 bucks ...his tranny rebuid is $1675. or I can drive forever with the o/d off my choice....he is going to drop my pan on wed morn and let me know either way.....he rebuilds the trannies for the 2 dealerships I was at .....I cant wait for this one....ill let ya know how I make out wed.
fx42004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 01:52 AM   #6
mechhound
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by fx42004
The same problem started today with me at 71k. 2 dealers told me they have never heard of it and sounded like a 4th gear band problem....2-3k rebuild. I have no messages .....Went to a local tranny guy recommended by a friend. He laughed when I walked in the door and told me why I was there. He does about 10 of these ford trannys a month. Its either a " snap ring" i think he said or the 4th gear rebuild. the snap ring is about 200 bucks ...his tranny rebuid is $1675. or I can drive forever with the o/d off my choice....he is going to drop my pan on wed morn and let me know either way.....he rebuilds the trannies for the 2 dealerships I was at .....I cant wait for this one....ill let ya know how I make out wed.
Did that $1675 include the mechanic removing and reinstalling the tranny? What kind of warranty does he give with that?
mechhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 11:53 AM   #7
Flash74
AF Newbie

I also have a 1994 ford f150 automatic trans 5.0 motor. the trans is only 3 years since it was rebuilt I think or new but when I pull out of my drive in reverse then put it to drive it goes then the gear kicks in. I could stop at a light then go it sounds like it goes in neutral also when I slow down to make a turn or to take a curve street it feels like it goes in neutral then goes into gear. Motor strong no loss of power. They told me to flush the transmission and put new fluid. Should I flush the transmission. Thank you
Flash74 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > F Series