Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Modeling Share your passion for car modeling here! Includes sub-forum for "in progress" and "completed" vehicles.
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-09-2013, 02:54 PM   #1
lezdep
AF Regular

Mini-review of ThunderValleyF1 detail set for Ferrari 641/2 1/12

I have received my ThunderValleyF1 Ferrari 641/2 1/12 detail set and nut/spindle set last week and wrote a mini-review in my blog.
Please read it all there - http://lezdep.blogspot.ca/2013/09/mi...ey-f1-112.html
The Following User Says Thank You to lezdep For This Useful Post:
freakray (09-09-2013)
Old 09-09-2013, 03:24 PM   #2
freakray
AF Modelrater

Re: Mini-review of ThunderValleyF1 detail set for Ferrari 641/2 1/12

What is your secret, how did you get a response out of Paul?

I have been trying to order something from him for months, other than his initial answer telling me he has it in stock and quoting me a price, I have since never received an answer from him, no matter how often I have e-mailed him.
Old 09-09-2013, 03:48 PM   #3
stevenoble
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakray View Post
What is your secret, how did you get a response out of Paul?

I have been trying to order something from him for months, other than his initial answer telling me he has it in stock and quoting me a price, I have since never received an answer from him, no matter how often I have e-mailed him.
I think a lot of people experienced exactly the same as yourself. That is why sadly, the majority have given up hope and just put it down to experience. It's a great shame because that set looks really nice and well worth the asking price too..
Old 09-09-2013, 07:44 PM   #4
freakray
AF Modelrater

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenoble View Post
I think a lot of people experienced exactly the same as yourself. That is why sadly, the majority have given up hope and just put it down to experience. It's a great shame because that set looks really nice and well worth the asking price too..
You're 100% correct. I don't mean to diminish from the fact that Sergey has been kind enough to share with us his thoughts on the set, I am just highly annoyed at Paul at the moment and as you say, many have given up on TVF1.

I wish Paul would surprise me and simultaneously change my mind, there appears to be a definite value and quality to his sets when you can get them.
Old 09-09-2013, 10:48 PM   #5
petesy
AF Regular

How long did it take for you to receive your order?

I almost placed an order to them once, right around the time the tragedy/new bike mess unfolded. There are definitely products I'd love from them but I'd need to make sure they are actually delivering them in a reasonable time before I would order from them.
Old 09-09-2013, 11:55 PM   #6
leafs004
AF Newbie

For many of us, it's going on 4 years. I also have the Ferrari set ordered and paid for (June 2009), and am looking (forward) to receiving it in the coming weeks. Yes, it's been a long wait, but I am happy see that sets are being shipped and I hope that every person that ordered and paid for products is made whole.

The product is excellent, and I do hope that this is the beginning of Paul getting his business back on track.
Old 10-23-2013, 05:14 AM   #7
gtziaf
AF Enthusiast

I just receive my sets...
Super fast shipping, excellent communication and a present included.
A big respect to Paul. He 's return is serious business.

Visit our Greek Modelling Forum :
http://scalewheels-gr.com/
Old 02-18-2015, 02:40 PM   #8
leafs004
AF Newbie

I would like to say that I have received my Ferrari 641 set, and the quality is excellent. Recently I've also received both the dampers from the Williams FW14B kit and the electrical connectors.
Old 03-08-2015, 08:58 AM   #9
tobykill
AF Newbie

So it only took nearly 6 years from the time you paid till you received the set?? NOTHING is worth that long a wait.
Old 03-09-2015, 10:35 AM   #10
bbkbuys
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by leafs004 View Post
For many of us, it's going on 4 years. I also have the Ferrari set ordered and paid for (June 2009), and am looking (forward) to receiving it in the coming weeks...
Quote:
Originally Posted by leafs004 View Post
I would like to say that I have received my Ferrari 641 set...
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobykill View Post
So it only took nearly 6 years from the time you paid till you received the set?? NOTHING is worth that long a wait.
Hey waaw, so you think i don't have to be in despair? And that the USD 4500+ worth of goods paid 5 years ago will be delivered this or next year???

Pfff, what a relief. I though TVF1 stole my money an ran. So he's not a thief? OK, now i can relax... Grrrrrr

Wim
Old 03-09-2015, 11:08 AM   #11
John18d
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbkbuys View Post
Hey waaw, so you think i don't have to be in despair? And that the USD 4500+ worth of goods paid 5 years ago will be delivered this or next year???

Pfff, what a relief. I though TVF1 stole my money an ran. So he's not a thief? OK, now i can relax... Grrrrrr

Wim
Wim - you are selling some of his new stuff on your eBay website, so he must be making good??? right???

People need to keep in mind that Paul at TVF1 did in the past and probably still today does not MFG all the items personally - he most surely does some of the development and then sends it off to a "jobber" that then produces the parts. Paul is NOT the only detail parts seller that does this. For this reason people need to realize that sometimes, NOT ALWAYS, things are out of Paul's control. That makes things difficult when the "jobbers" fall behind or start demanding more money - it stops production and raises the cost of the detail parts.

I've had this happen Many times. I have been told by detail parts sellers that items would cost a certain price - only to pay double by the time I receive it - and have to wait a lot longer to receive it.

One thing I can say about Paul and TVF1 is that it might have taken 8 years to get the items, but I have received everything from Paul to date that I have paid for - and I bought a lot of his stuff.

He is trying to make good and that will take time, but I don't believe he is the "thief" that many made him out to be - so when people get their detail parts I expect to see many posts - saying that he has made good with them

John
Old 03-09-2015, 11:20 AM   #12
bbkbuys
AF Newbie

waiting for 5+ years for USD 4500+ worth of goods to be delivered. Goods paid for 5 years ago… So, has anything changed since resurface?

Yes, about 10 months ago i was sent 25 ‘super detail’ sets for free to ‘make up’ for all the time i had been waiting. But now that i start wondering again if i ever will receive everything paid for, TVF1 starts threatening me: he will bring those 25 sets sent for free into account, he will open a special spam page dedicated to me on his website and manipulate search engine results, he will email all his clients and discredit my company, he will not send any goods anymore – not even the ones he owes me. Huh??? Nice fellow, this former ‘friend’…

Upto now, I never complained, i always understood. I sent him money to survive. I sent him kits to swap. I even sent back parts that i felt were sold too cheap!! TVF1 accepted all, and now doesn’t even have decency to ship what i paid for or to return all goods he accepted ‘in good faith’ & ‘as a friend’ from me.

I never complained, not even when reading about the verrrrry expensive ducati bike he bought in stead of taking care of his customers.

TVF1 took my money, and ran. I asked for money back, i asked for parts, all i got is blabla. For 5+ years.

Wim Van Vlasselaer, bestbalsakits.be
Old 03-09-2015, 11:32 AM   #13
John18d
AF Enthusiast

Wim - I'm not defending what was done by Paul back then - and you are correct he should have paid people back their money for those that asked for refunds - I would assume that 25 detail sets that you received has some "value" to you for the $4500 you said you paid him. Am I wrong?

If I'm NOT mistaken - the whole bike thing is BS - he put a down payment on one in advance, but actually never made the full purchase - so as Far as I know he never got the bike all the whiners were complaining about.

For many TVF1 will never be a place that they do business with again - and I can understand that, but I always keep something in mind when I purchase items from the modeling industry - "caveat emptor" - buyer beware. And as my mother used to say when I was a child, "if it sounds to good to be true - it probably is"

John
Old 03-09-2015, 03:09 PM   #14
leafs004
AF Newbie

Wim, my posts were never meant to be an advertisement that everything was all hunky dory. Many have attacked Paul, and previously Paul had said that he would try to make everyone whole but that it would take time. Lezdep received his Ferrari set back in September 2013, I received mine much later, but I did want to acknowledge that I did receive my items.

If I had a $4500 outstanding bill, I too would be a lot more upset. It sounds like Paul sending you 25 sets is at least an acknowledgement that he is starting to make ammends. I don't know what your private conversations between Paul and you are, so I can't comment. I realize that for you this is also a business and $4500 represents a significant capital investment, which could in turn seriously impact your own business. I don't want to say anything to you that is simplistic or dismissive. You have every right to be upset and angry. I also really do hope Paul delivers on your goods because you do good work too, and to make a profit, you need a healthy cash flow and that comes from receiving parts you order in a timely manner.

My post was simply to acknowledge that I have received the products I ordered as we hear a lot of negative things about Paul and I guess I hoped that me acknowledging my receipt would help others breath a little easier and give some verification that Paul is trying to deliver because we've all had to be a lot more patient than we ever expected. Again Wim, I really hope that you receive your order.
Old 03-09-2015, 03:17 PM   #15
The Sheene Machine
AF Enthusiast

Hmmm.....Was thinking of ordering some parts for my MP4/6.......but perhaps not.

Personally, I think if you receive monies for advertised goods or services, you should deliver them in a timely manner. If you can't, a full refund should be issued without delay. No excuses.

Many had this problem with BBA Design a few years ago.

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling