Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Colorado
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-16-2012, 08:28 AM   #61
GMCustomerService
AF Regular

Re: Chevy Colorado Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne_KY View Post
Last year about this time my 2005 Colorado (just short of 67000miles) started stalling. Didn't matter if I was on the interstate at speed or accelerating away from a stop sign in town, sometimes it would just sputter and quit. I took it to a shop (not a dealer) and they hooked up the computer for diagnosis. They told me it was fuel filter. Replaced. A couple weeks later the same thing started happening. This time they told me was fuel injectors. Actually showed me on the computer there was a clear miss on one of the cylinders. I had the fuel injectors cleaned and the computer replaced(they lost ability to read it) and they said all was well. When I went to pick it up and drove it out of the lot the same thing happened again. Mechanic came back out, lifted the hood, and stared for a bit before seeing a sensor (Mass Air Flow) that didn't seem to be fully connected. Reseated that and all has been well ever since.

Well...until a week or so ago when the engine light came back on and the stalling commenced again. I am not that comfortable taking the truck back to the mechanic from last year and honestly not sure WHERE to take the thing at this point. Is this a known issue? Anyone else suffering the same behavior? When it runs, it runs great and I have had no other issues with the vehicle. When it decides to stall, however, I can expect the same behavior until I park it and let it cool down completely (such as park it and try it again the next day).

Any assistance or information would be much appreciated.

--Wayne in Kentucky
While I am unable to provide any technical advice for you, if you decide to work with a dealership (or would like for me to check your vehicle's VIN for any recalls), please get in touch via pm here on the forum and I'm happy to assist in whatever way I can.

All the best,
Sarah
GM Customer Service
GMCustomerService is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 10:24 PM   #62
Wrenchdog1
AF Newbie

well Maybe someone can help me with this one i'm fairly certain the problem is the ecm/PCM but I just wanna check. Anyways its an 05 Colorado with the vortec 3.5 5 cyl, automatic tranny. so about 2 months ago it started to pop up the Fuel tank pressure switch code, I ignored it. Well then about a week later it switched to the Engine coolant Temp sensor code, this is when I got worried well next time I had it in my shop I checked and the Fuel tank Pressure senor code was back on so I dropped the tank to find that the wires going to it were in fact bad, so I soldered the connections back. Well after this the ECT code came back for about a day then switched to the Throttle position sensor codes P2135 and P2138 and in addition to this the 5 volt reference code P0641 (or 614 cant remember) popped up now its stuck in power reduced mode (or as my friends like to call it Eco mode). Well I checked all the wiring for visible signs of damage to no avail. Then I checked voltage at the switch connector, one circuit read about 4.98 volts the other read at 1.25. So I uncovered the wiring harness from the EMC/PCM Found the wire I was lookin for and sliced a small cut into it to check voltage. It Read 1.28 volts. In my experience this would lead me to believe either a bad connection or the PCM is bad, well I checked the connector for an visible signs of damage or heat, etc.. nothing, Any other ideas cause I really don't want to drop the money on a new PCM if that isn't the problem.
Wrenchdog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 09:11 PM   #63
j cAT
AF Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrenchdog1 View Post
well Maybe someone can help me with this one i'm fairly certain the problem is the ecm/PCM but I just wanna check. Anyways its an 05 Colorado with the vortec 3.5 5 cyl, automatic tranny. so about 2 months ago it started to pop up the Fuel tank pressure switch code, I ignored it. Well then about a week later it switched to the Engine coolant Temp sensor code, this is when I got worried well next time I had it in my shop I checked and the Fuel tank Pressure senor code was back on so I dropped the tank to find that the wires going to it were in fact bad, so I soldered the connections back. Well after this the ECT code came back for about a day then switched to the Throttle position sensor codes P2135 and P2138 and in addition to this the 5 volt reference code P0641 (or 614 cant remember) popped up now its stuck in power reduced mode (or as my friends like to call it Eco mode). Well I checked all the wiring for visible signs of damage to no avail. Then I checked voltage at the switch connector, one circuit read about 4.98 volts the other read at 1.25. So I uncovered the wiring harness from the EMC/PCM Found the wire I was lookin for and sliced a small cut into it to check voltage. It Read 1.28 volts. In my experience this would lead me to believe either a bad connection or the PCM is bad, well I checked the connector for an visible signs of damage or heat, etc.. nothing, Any other ideas cause I really don't want to drop the money on a new PCM if that isn't the problem.
check all the PCM connectors/pins. remove the negative battery connection first. also remove and clean / secure all the grounds that you can find in around the engine bay.
j cAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 02:09 PM   #64
Wrenchdog1
AF Newbie

That's one thing I was told to do by the long time mechanics in the area and I did all of that and it didn't change, even tried replacing the battery cable and nothing its still in the same power reduced mode as before.
Wrenchdog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 03:46 PM   #65
j cAT
AF Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrenchdog1 View Post
That's one thing I was told to do by the long time mechanics in the area and I did all of that and it didn't change, even tried replacing the battery cable and nothing its still in the same power reduced mode as before.
perhaps you are not skilled at electrical systems/troubleshooting . If you work as an electrical/electronic repair tech you can make proper inspections as to what is good or bad. also using the proper actions to clean connections.

make sure the fuse box is with good secure wiring connections also the fuses fit tight.
Old 02-02-2015, 07:28 AM   #66
lleach1
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMCustomerService View Post
While I am unable to provide any technical advice for you, if you decide to work with a dealership (or would like for me to check your vehicle's VIN for any recalls), please get in touch via pm here on the forum and I'm happy to assist in whatever way I can.

All the best,
Sarah
GM Customer Service
Can you help me with an intermittent starting problem with our 2006 Colorado? Dealer cannot find problem.
lleach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 07:39 AM   #67
j cAT
AF Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by lleach1 View Post
Can you help me with an intermittent starting problem with our 2006 Colorado? Dealer cannot find problem.
GM customer service is a person that has NO technical help in any way, more of a GM steering to direct you to the local dealership for repairs. this person has NO power of any kind to make things happen.

what you need to do to get help here on these forums is to make a post with your issues. give all the vehicle details like yr/model/miles/issue/what you did/what repair shop did/ your abilities... then fellow members will step in and give you direction to resolve this for as cheap as possible..

kind of surprised dealership did not do anything ....they must of charged you at least a couple hundred..

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Colorado