Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35 Excellent platform and the good ol' VQ30DE and VQ35DE engines.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-21-2003, 11:46 AM   #31
JBL85
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to JBL85
Quote:
Originally posted by Paonessa
all i have cosmetic wise is the clear corner blinkers. i have pics but i took them all in high quality so they exceed the 104kb limit on this server. i'll send pics if you want me too though. i can send them to your email, or you can hang on a couple days so i can take some lower definition pics. just picture a 95 black emerald se, with clear corners. cosmetics are my last endeavour with this car. i probably won't get a body kit anyway, don't wanna drill holes in the maxima, but this spring i'm past due for some rims and an inch an half drop
i'll wash it sometime this weekend (s'posed to rain tonight and 2morrow)
and i'll take pics in low qual and post them as is. then i'll post more with the rims and shit sometime in May.
BTW your car LOOKs nice, but that don't make it better and it's definitely not faster (you said yourself i'd own you in a race). i have all the gle options in my car(i.e reverse guages, beige leather, 6 speaker bose), with aftermarket Kenwood 4020 double din cd/tape/cd changer control and 2 cerwin vega 12's in the one box with a SoundSource amp.
Well, as for speed, most people dont look at a car and say its ugly cuz its slow, but yeah yours is faster look at the obvious differences. As for looks, well mine is a bit more modded, a done up 4th gen would look equally as good. As for your interior, I had a GLE so I know its nice inside, but I dont like leather anymore, if I had it, my car would be just as nice as a fourth gen inside, as for the BOSE sound, well my new car audio is better then the Maximas BOSE stock, it bumps good, but whatever this NDSS shit is in my car, it hits harder and clearer then the BOSE did/does, i myself dont like subwoofers and all that audio crap, so I dont have any.

But I still love 4th gen Maximas, I drove one and loved it, wish it were a 5 speed so it had some more balls, but oh well.
JBL85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2003, 01:01 PM   #32
mad max 98
AF Enthusiast

jbl85

do u have a 2.5 or a 3.5 altima
mad max 98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2003, 03:59 PM   #33
bk2kmax
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by thrasher
oh, well, it's just a difference in opinion...i picked the merlot cause it looks great, imo, and the paint is absolutely flawless and glistens in the sunlight, plus i didn't wanna look like every other car out there with dull, boring colors. i've only seen 2 or 3 Max's total in my color, but about 8 million in sivler or black
Man don't mind Nick's crazy @$$ he just be trippin sometimes, I think your car looks tight especially with tinted windows and merlot is the color of a dark rich wine. Maybe I'm just old<$crew you Nick, LOL I know that you're gonna agree with me.
Peace
Old 02-21-2003, 04:05 PM   #34
JBL85
AF Fanatic

Re: jbl85

Quote:
Originally posted by mad max 98
do u have a 2.5 or a 3.5 altima
LOL, 2.5, you didnt see what the heated discussion in the other thread was about
Old 02-21-2003, 04:28 PM   #35
mad max 98
AF Enthusiast

2.5 man i'm gonna come down on u so hard when we race and u gonna have to wash ur nice car
Old 02-21-2003, 05:00 PM   #36
JBL85
AF Fanatic

Quote:
2.5 man i'm gonna come down on u so hard when we race and u gonna have to wash ur nice car
Yeah, I am gonna try to get headers and my full custom cat back, should help me out in the top where I need it, but you said you were an Automatic right?

You are gonna have to work for it if you want to beat me!
Old 02-21-2003, 05:19 PM   #37
97wvmax
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to 97wvmax
same shit different day huh jbl>?:bandit:
97wvmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2003, 05:34 PM   #38
mad max 98
AF Enthusiast

do u have any time slips , i'm auto jbl
Old 02-21-2003, 05:48 PM   #39
JBL85
AF Fanatic

Quote:
do u have any time slips , i'm auto jbl
I do, but if I post my times I am only gonna cause more havoc then good, so we will leave those out of it and leave up my races to street racing.
Old 02-21-2003, 05:49 PM   #40
97wvmax
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to 97wvmax
and the street racing will be when?
97wvmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2003, 06:05 PM   #41
JBL85
AF Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by 97wvmax
and the street racing will be when?
its up to whenever MaximusGTR can...but he also wont tell me his mods.
Old 02-22-2003, 08:46 AM   #42
Street Reeper
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally posted by JBL85

My car is not a shit mobile, do you have pictures of your car? I am sure my car is 10x nicer then yours and my car picks up way more chicks, so suck it :finger:

Paonessa you stole my sig from Maxima.org, JBL nice looking Altima, is that a kit or factory option? After seeing the new Maxima it seems that I will have to become a VQ enthusiast rather than a Maxima enthusists, so an Alty is probably what I am going to get next. I would like a 5 speed 3.5 with a ground effects package like yours, where can I get one when the time comes?

Paonessa I really don't care about the sig, just thought it was kind of funny.
Street Reeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2003, 12:44 PM   #43
Pick
AF Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by Street Reeper

Paonessa you stole my sig from Maxima.org, JBL nice looking Altima, is that a kit or factory option? After seeing the new Maxima it seems that I will have to become a VQ enthusiast rather than a Maxima enthusists, so an Alty is probably what I am going to get next. I would like a 5 speed 3.5 with a ground effects package like yours, where can I get one when the time comes?

Dude, that's a quote from Morortrend or something. He has a 95 Max. I like the sig..... You have good taste.
Pick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2003, 12:53 PM   #44
JBL85
AF Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by Street Reeper

Thanks, but its just a Stillen Aero Kit, its looks factory and clean and gets compliments daily.

And then I get, man 240hp must be nice, then I say no...only a 4 cylinder, but it looks fast
Old 02-22-2003, 01:08 PM   #45
Street Reeper
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally posted by Pick

Dude, that's a quote from Morortrend or something. He has a 95 Max. I like the sig..... You have good taste.
Here is the article from motortrend
Motor Trend, Road Test, June 1994
"The test gear must be screwed up. Zero to 60 in 6.6 seconds? No way!" It took nearly a dozen acceleration runs, two sets of fifth wheels, and three drivers to confirm what non of us could believe: This demure-looking family car is the quickest Japanese sedan available in the States."

Ask us, and we'll tell you how the Maxima SE will whip the Nissan 300ZX, Integra GS-R and Taurus SHO in 0-60 mph and quarter-mile acceleration-and how it challenges or, in some cases, exceeds their handling marks, too."

"Our tester, a five-speed SE version of this fourth generation of Maxima, produced a blazing 6.6-second 0-60-mph time, a 15.2-second, 92.4-mph quarter-mile run, 0.83g skidpad cornering power and a 65.1-mph slalom run. That tops the Taurus SHO five-speed in every category. The new Maxima shows no mercy on its Nissan stablemates: It'll stomp the normally aspirated 300ZX, and drivers of automatic-transmissioned 300ZX Turbos best not be snoozing when the light goes green."

This is how I edited that article for my sig
Motor Trend, Road Test, June 1994
"Our tester, a five-speed SE version of this fourth generation of Maxima, produced a blazing 6.6-second 0-60-mph time, and a 15.2-second, 92.4-mph quarter-mile run. Ask us, and we'll tell you how the Maxima SE will whip the Integra GS-R, and Taurus SHO; the new Maxima also shows no mercy on its Nissan stablemates: It'll stomp the normally aspirated 300ZX, and drivers of automatic-transmissioned 300ZX Turbos best not be snoozing when the light goes green. This demure-looking family car is the quickest Japanese sedan available in the States."

Just thought it was kind of interesting that someone used my edited edition of that article (again I don't mind) You can view about every article written about the 95 Maxima at VQ power.com where they were posted under a blast from the past.

Side note: The Stillen Kit looks nice JBL, thanks for the reply
Street Reeper is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35