Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35 Excellent platform and the good ol' VQ30DE and VQ35DE engines.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-13-2003, 06:48 PM   #61
bk2kmax
AF Enthusiast

Go home, let this thread die. quoted by Kornboy

That was exactly my point and yes you still are a Troll because you don't post on this Maxima forum regardless if you post on other boards on this website, I've never seen you here and neither has any of the other guys. I never said that this was your first post on automotiveforums.com but it was certainly your first post here and if it hadn't applied to your car, would you have even bother to come here?

Hell no, I don't think so and that makes you a Troll at least to this board it does.

Maybe you didn't come here to bragg but it sure sounds like it to all of us, good for you, your "factory" SC can beat a non factory, non SC'd car, whoopty do.

Good luck with your car, I hope it lasts you forever, I'm not hating on you or anything like that, I just want you to understand that this thread was Dead and it should've stayed that way but you resurrected this thread from the grave with what seemed like boasting to us.

Hey, whatever you have a nice car and we do to but you are not going to catch any of us going to your forum and telling how our aftermarket SC or Turbo beats your "Factory SC".

Good luck though man.
Old 02-28-2004, 01:14 AM   #62
JoeJoe231455
AF Enthusiast

Re: 02 max SE VS 00 grand prix GTP

Well...I'll post here too, just to piss you guys off

I've got an 01 grand prix gtp myself and I've spent alot of time soaking up knowledge on various gp boards.

Your correct we "need" a supercharger to compete with you folks, mainly due to the fact that our engines are 8.5:1 compression (think 1985 Monte Carlo) without it. They are built for supercharging to offer V8 torque with insurable V6 horsepower.

Your advantages include :

Variable Intake

Variable Valve Timing

6-speed Manual Transmission

10.3:1 compression ratio (hmmm..that extra compression is more than an LS1 car)

Dohc design (for the superior top end)

This seems to me....more than evens out the .3 displacement difference and the measly non intercooled factory roots blower that puts us in a "different class" of car.

And for the record, most stock gtp run in the high 14's. I still think the new 6 spd Max would take them (it would be pretty close) factory vs factory in a quarter run. That is mainly due to the 6 speed option and the heft of the gtp. The 97-03 weighed in at 3450, but lack the extra 20hp, and the 04 plus have bloated out to 3583 (killing off any acceleration advantage with our higher torque and the 20hp increase)

(Just so you know you can pick on the new ones)

As far as modifications gtp oWn Jooo...

We pick up horsepower and torque like the poor bastard that has to pick up elephant crap in the parade.

The first pulley swap puts 16hp to our wheels, and 30-35 extra lb ft of torque to the ground. ($75) +4psi

Another 10hp can be gained with a cold air intake working in concert with the pulley upgrade ($150)

Computer reprogramming (300) = 12hp

Removing a small restriction in our exhaust, and dropping to a lower thermostat will add yet another 10 ponies

(Congratulations, you just put yourself in the 13's)

I won't even get started on what a cam, intercooler, a smaller pulley, or headers offer, because it might explode your heads with anti-domestic rage. (The stock gtp engine can handle over 500hp, its that damn transmission that always blows)

In conclusion, your Nissan engines are very nice, and they certainly match our power ratings factory vs factory. Your interiors certainly kick the 97-03 gtp interiors ass all over the block and Max certainly handle better. But don't be under the illusion that most gtp you run into are going to be lunch.
JoeJoe231455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2004, 07:44 AM   #63
Pick
AF Fanatic

Re: 02 max SE VS 00 grand prix GTP

...and this thread is 3 months old. Let it die. We've all figured out that the only Maxima slayer in Pontiac's line-up is the GTO.
Pick is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35