Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > DeLorean > General Discussion
View Poll Results: what?
best cars made 24 40.00%
worst made 7 11.67%
they ok 24 40.00%
im indeifferent 5 8.33%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-31-2011, 07:14 AM   #76
knightjp
AF Regular

Re: What do u think of deloreans?

You can never really quantify a Delorean.
In the looks dept, it's still a great looking car. So ahead of its time that even today, it looks relevant. OK... It looks like a 90s coupe, but yes.. its looks great.
Technically there are quite a few things wrong with it. The quality control at the factory wasn't really that great. If you follow the story of the Delorean, you'd know that. The engine, although was a V6 and powerful enough for most cars, its wasn't for a sports car standard and also the Delorean's overall weight mean't weak figures.

To be honest, its a classic. Should be preserved as a classic, but in my case an engineered classic. There are companies that take E-Types and modernize them for the roads of today, making them handle better and more reliable. Some purists don't like that done to Deloreans in terms of engine swaps, etc... but in my opinion. The car's shape and design should be preserved, but the engine needs to be changed and the quality issues need to addressed.
Personally to us... the most important factor of the Delorean is that its a famous movie star. The BTTF series of films made it famous and we all remember it. Although the standard car sounds weak, the car on the show seemed to have a V8 rumble with a supercharger attached. Not sure if the movie effects people ddi change the engine for the movie, but let's be honest. We'd like our Deloreans to atleast sound like the movie car if its not to do any time travelling.
amy@af (10-31-2011)
Old 10-31-2011, 09:47 AM   #77
corvettekid_7684
AF Enthusiast

I love em, but I've never owned one. Pictures do them no justice at all...up close they really look incredible.
corvettekid_7684 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 09:58 AM   #78
knightjp
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by corvettekid_7684 View Post
I love em, but I've never owned one. Pictures do them no justice at all...up close they really look incredible.
Definitely timeless... .. Timeless That's a nice thing to say about a time machine...