Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-16-2016, 10:26 AM   #1
XWrench3
AF Newbie

mobil 1

i have decided to switch to Mobile 1 oil for a couple of reasons. i own a 2007 escape with the 3.0 liter Duratec engine. i do not know what is "normal" oil pressure for this engine. mine runs 27 pounds of pressure going down the road @ 55 mph. which seems a bit low to me. but @ startup, it has a whopping 95 pounds of pressure! i am using an Auto Meter mechanical gauge, so i trust its readings. so i am thinking about changing the viscosity in hopes of better oil pressure readings. i am thinking about using 0w40. which hopefully will tame the cold start pressures some, and help bolster the hot oil pressure up a bit. i use this exact oil in several older engines, and it works quite well. but i am not familiar with anything this new. i really do not think there will be an issue doing this. but i thought i would post it in case someone knows better than me.
XWrench3 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > General Discussion