Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-09-2006, 04:24 PM   #1
jeepgclwj
AF Enthusiast

Played with 02 Saab 9-3 conv.

This was in my Jeep. It was this afternoon bout 42 out so I went to wash my rides. On the way home in my Jeep I get beside this older neon with a kit and some rims. I gave it a little rev and the guy turned off. I was sitting at a light when this happened . When the guy turned right I was like "o well". Then the light turns green and the guy on the left of me that I didnt even pay attention to starts getting on it. I match his speed up to like 40 at about 3/4 throttle. We stopped at the next light and I am behind the guy. I can seee that he is talking and pointing out his window. I went ahead and got to his driver side and rolled down my window. This yuppy guy bout 35ish yells,

"wanna go"
me "hell yeah"
The guy starts laughing and says,
"you realize there is 12 psi of turbo boost in here"
I was dying, this guy was really funny.

Anyway, we ended up running 2 more times to about 50 and he wasnt going anywhere fast. I think he had the ups on me but it wouldnt have been much.

I was driving home thinking I wish I was in my GTP. I cant ever find a good run in it. When I got home I looked up the numbers on it. 185/195 or 200/209 at 3100 lbs.. I think I would have done pretty well if it would have been heads up with no traffic...

358rwhp/358rwtq with stock LS1 intake
A4 3.23 lid, pacesetter lts, ory, 243 heads, SLP LMI, ZO6 cam, BBK SSI intake, 85 mm
jeepgclwj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 04:34 PM   #2
TorchedStealth
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to TorchedStealth
Re: Played with 02 Saab 9-3 conv.

Nice runs, but are you sure they are 3100 lbs? cause my cousin has one exactly like that and it didnt seem that heavy when i rode in it and drove it. If you were in the gtp you prolly would have beat him but it would have been kinda close, they run mid-low 15s stock, but then again i did see your timeslips and they were pretty impresive.
2005 Saturn Ion Redline - Injector Dynamics 1000cc Injectors|E85|Harrop TVS1320 Blower|2.9" pulley|3" Intake|Vibrant Header and catless Downpipe|Hahn 3" catback|N2MB Wot Box w/2-step and no-lift shift|Cobra Heat Exchanger|Hurst STS|Ottp Stage 1 trans mounts|AEM EUGO Wideband|Aeroforce Interceptor|HPTuners (self tuned)|Mop Top Pros Carbon Fiber badges|B&G Springs
TorchedStealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 05:21 PM   #3
jeepgclwj
AF Enthusiast

Yeah, its 3100 lbs. Another site said 1461 kg. My GTP surprises me everytime I get a chance to drive it. Lkie for instance, yesterday I was shopping for Christmas and check engine light comes on. MAF, gonna change it when I can get to the dealer though. It is a fun car though. Gotto mantain them to drive them..

358rwhp/358rwtq with stock LS1 intake
A4 3.23 lid, pacesetter lts, ory, 243 heads, SLP LMI, ZO6 cam, BBK SSI intake, 85 mm
jeepgclwj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 07:06 PM   #4
devster18
AF Regular

They are pretty heavy. Its more like 3200-3300lbs.
devster18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 09:30 PM   #5
BlackGT2000
AF Enthusiast

I have read 3400 pounds for the GTP. They are still pretty good though. I like them
-1991 Cavalier
-1997 Taurus GL
-1987 Ranger V6
-1985 Aries
BlackGT2000 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing