Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > Camry/Camry Hybrid/Vista
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-24-2007, 05:02 PM   #1
tictiv
AF Newbie

Wet Floor Under Driver Seat

I have 1998 Toyota Camry the problem is inside flor got wet. I dont no where its came from.
tictiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 05:13 PM   #2
RIP
AF -Advisor

Re: please Help

If the floor is wet at the front passenger seat and the liquid is slimmy and has a sweet smell you probably have a leaking heater core. If it's just wet, A/C condensation could be leaking into the cabin because the drain tube is clogged. Least likely is a windshield gasket leak.

07 Fusion / 06 RAV4 / 06 Accord / 96 Gr Caravan
RIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 05:58 PM   #3
tictiv
AF Newbie

Thanks Rip, the wet floor is at driver side under seat, I want repair my self what is the proceeder? could you give me idea please.
tictiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 09:40 PM   #4
Brian R.
Resident Chemist

Send a message via Yahoo to Brian R.
Re: Wet Floor under driver seat

Your a/c drain tube is probably plugged. You will have to locate it under the car and blow some compressed air up through it to dislodge the debris that is keeping your a/c condensate from dripping out the bottom as it should.

"What we've got here is a failure to communicate"
Brian R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 09:20 PM   #5
Brian R.
Resident Chemist

Send a message via Yahoo to Brian R.

Threads Combined

"What we've got here is a failure to communicate"
Brian R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 03:24 AM   #6
RIP
AF -Advisor

Re: Wet Floor Under Driver Seat

Prest chango just like that. Brian you are THE MAN.

Old 09-04-2007, 12:32 PM   #7
SweetR13
AF Newbie

I have a similar problem, except it is the carpet in the back (both sides) that is soaking wet, not nearly as much in the front. I took off the drain tube this morning and it is clear, so that is not the problem. As far as I can tell, there is no leak anywhere and I don't remember any incident bringing large amounts of water into the car.

I checked out the AC vents under the driver and passenger seats while running the AC, but there was no evidence of leak there either.

About my car--2000 toyota camry and I live in hot, humid Houston. I have been here for 4 years and never had a problem. The only thing that is different is that I no longer have covered parking, but the vehicle has been parked outside for the last 4 years anyway. I don't drive it all that often, maybe 4 times a week to go to dinner or the grocery store. I put less than 2.5k miles per year on it.

Any help is much appreciated.
SweetR13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 01:49 PM   #8
Mike Gerber
AF -Advisor

Do you park your car on an incline with the front end facing up? A leak up front would then flow to the back of the passenger compartment. Now to find the leak; that is the most difficult part. One thing I can suggest is for you to get inside the car and have a friend with a garden hose run the hose over all areas of the car while you look for all leaks. I have heard of people who rub baby powder on all the rubber seals and then try the garden hose technique. The theory being that the water will wash away the baby powder where the water is entering. I have never tried this personally, but it seems like something logical that might work.

Good luck.

Mike
Mike Gerber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 03:42 PM   #9
RIP
AF -Advisor

Nice trick. I'll put that in my toolbox.

Old 09-05-2007, 07:07 PM   #10
SweetR13
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Gerber
Do you park your car on an incline with the front end facing up? A leak up front would then flow to the back of the passenger compartment. Now to find the leak; that is the most difficult part. One thing I can suggest is for you to get inside the car and have a friend with a garden hose run the hose over all areas of the car while you look for all leaks. I have heard of people who rub baby powder on all the rubber seals and then try the garden hose technique. The theory being that the water will wash away the baby powder where the water is entering. I have never tried this personally, but it seems like something logical that might work.

Good luck.

Mike
the car is parked on a level surface. i will try the baby powder trick--is it possible for there to be a significant leak, but no evidence on the upholstry? Thanks.
SweetR13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 08:07 AM   #11
Mike Gerber
AF -Advisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetR13
the car is parked on a level surface. i will try the baby powder trick--is it possible for there to be a significant leak, but no evidence on the upholstry? Thanks.

Yes, it's possible. Remember, the door seals are at the outside of the passenger compartment, the front windshield seals are at the front of the dash/window area, and the rear window is also in back of the passenger compartment.

There is also the A/C drain tube which is under the dash on the passenger side. Have you checked that A/C drain tube to see if it's blocked, as Brian suggested? If that get's clogged the condensation backs up in to the A/C unit and eventually drips down on the floor. A lot of water condenses when the A/C is being used, especially this time of the year. Do you see water dripping under the engine area on the passenger side when the A/C has been running for some time? You should. If you don't, that can be a sign the tube is clogged. That A/C drain tube can also be knocked off. If you don't know what we are talking about I suggest you take it in to a shop and ask them to blow out the tube with compressed air. They will do it from underneath the car. It really takes longer to get the car up in the air then to actually blow it out. I can't see a shop charging much at all for doing this, especially if it's one you use regularly.

Mike
Mike Gerber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 02:31 PM   #12
jg09
AF Regular

Ya know, I once had a puddle of some sort of liquid pooling up in my 'Yota. Turned out to be an old 20 oz. pop bottle with a loose lid that got knocked over.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > Camry/Camry Hybrid/Vista