Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Murano | FX45
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-19-2005, 09:52 AM   #16
Wild Hare Ranch
AF Newbie

Smile Re: How is everybody's fuel economy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drnaline
If there the same price I would always go with the high test.
My wife said the same. She of course, is right!
Wild Hare Ranch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 09:19 AM   #17
Drnaline
AF Newbie

Send a message via MSN to Drnaline
Re: How is everybody's fuel economy?

Mine is too to the point of being anal, LOL
Drnaline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2005, 09:37 AM   #18
Wild Hare Ranch
AF Newbie

My wife and I have been thinking about the MPG variance exhibited by Murano owners. After a little impromptu experimenting we found our best milage was at 55 MPH (23.8) and our worst at 75 MPH (19.4). This may seem normal to some of you but to us this is opposite of what we expected. We expected a slight drop in milage going from 55 to 75 but not that drastic. Our last three Chrysler minivans exhibited some of our best milage cruising at 75 mph with little improvement at 55.
I'm wondering if the milage difference will diminish as I break in the Murano or if its related to the CVT transmissions horse power robbing tendencies I've read about, or something else. Jeff
Old 04-23-2005, 08:32 PM   #19
Drnaline
AF Newbie

It'll probably deminish a little. I find when I really wanna test to make sure it is a light and variable day as far as wind. They also like a lot of humidity. Like I said, mine likes it at 65.
Drnaline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2005, 08:16 AM   #20
Wild Hare Ranch
AF Newbie

Well we now have 1,800 miles on the 05 Murano. Yesterday we took a day trip to KC. I cruised I-70 at 80mph+ every chance I got. Hard excelerations at every opportunity,.....and the average MPG was 19.8.

I'm pleased with the result but my wife wanted better. She expected to see the 23.8 mpg experienced during our first drives. After a reminder that those first test's were around home keeping the rpm's under 4,000 she understood the mpg difference,....still she expected better.

We love our Murano and plan to keep it for 3 or 4 years. Then we plan on getting another crossover type ride that's hybrid. This should give enough time to work out the design kinks and increasing the selection to choose from. Who knows, maybe a hybrid Murano will be our next ride,....it could happen!!

Jeff
Old 06-23-2005, 10:06 PM   #21
gr8gatzby
AF Newbie

04 murano
12,000 miles
16-18 city
20-24 hwy

these numbers are exceptional in the suv world, even the low numbers some of you blokes complain about are status quo in suv's with the same power class of the murano.
gr8gatzby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 11:00 AM   #22
DigMe
AF Newbie

Using the fuel economy computer (Which we checked ourselves and is dead-on) my wife is getting around 19 to 22 city. Last time we were travelling we checked it after going for a good while of strict highway driving, no starts/stops whatsoever and constant speed (cruise control) - at that time it was getting almost 28mpg.

This is on premium fuel.

brad cook
DigMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 07:27 PM   #23
Art234
AF Newbie

Mileage-Murano

I have a 2003 Murano with 36K miles--my average MPG is around 20 combined, but I have gotten up to 25 on the highway.
Art234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 07:58 PM   #24
Drnaline
AF Newbie

I just got 31.6 today going down to alb.
Old 08-12-2006, 10:29 AM   #25
JAYDEANA
AF Newbie

Re: How is everybody's fuel economy? need help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo613
How is everybody's fuel economy?
How many miles can you guys drive with full tank of Gas?
I just bought a new Murano SE, but it take so much GAS, like one full tank of gas I can only drive around 240 miles (380km) till the fuel light goes off. I drive pretty normal...

Please give me some advice people, I really need to know how many miles or KM can you Guys drive with full tank of GAS.....like is this normal?
Install a K&N Air filter. My last trip back from California I got almost 25 MPH. Prior to the K&N I was getting maybe 21 MPG.
The stock number for a 03 / 04 FX35 is 33-2031-2. Also using the CC will burn more gas.
Jay
JAYDEANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 10:31 AM   #26
JAYDEANA
AF Newbie

Install a K&N Air filter. My last trip back from California I got almost 25 MPH. Prior to the K&N I was getting maybe 21 MPG.
The stock number for a 03 / 04 FX35 is 33-2031-2. Also using the CC will burn more gas.
Jay
JAYDEANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 02:01 PM   #27
startupguyl
AF Newbie

I have '05 SL AWD w/15K miles; have had it 18+ months; most driving is local (commuting, errands, etc.) on side/back roads & state highways in the Northeast (i.e - very little interstate/high-speed driving) and overall MPG has rarely exceeded 16.9 (according to the in-dash computer) - until the dealer replaced my faulty throttle body (which had turned on my SES light). Since then, my "city" MPG is running in the 18-19 range. And, on a long non-stop highway run (350+ miles), I got 24.6 MPG. Forgot to add this: I use Mobil's mid-range (89 Octane) gas just about exclusively (and I, too, have a K&N air filter). Regular (87) makes it ping like crazy (even tho' my user manual says that's the minimum) and Premium (93) just plain costs too much! With 89, it pings (slightly) now and then, but it's tolerable.
startupguyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 01:31 PM   #28
vbin
AF Newbie

I use either premium or mid-grade...both get me a few hundred miles outta the tank...on average probably about 20-22 mpg.
vbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 05:40 PM   #29
stuartgledhill1969
AF Newbie

I have had my Murano which is a UK model for 1 year now covering 19000 miles and I always achieve 24-26mpg. We do use 95 Ron fuel as standard in the UK though. Not as lucky as you guys in the US though as our fuel is £4.50 a gallon.
stuartgledhill1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 08:58 PM   #30
nissanmaster
AF Newbie

fuel economy, if the engine control system is working properly, is predominantly based on how you drive and the conditions in which you are driving. if your engine control system is off your check engine lamp will come on. the epa estimates are just that, estimates. for 2007 the epa ratings have dropped, i would say they are more realistic, the ratings are for comparison only. go to the epa web site for more info. bottom line easy on the gas, only drive down hill and with the wind.
nissanmaster is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Murano | FX45