Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Magnum | Magnum SRT8
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-15-2010, 12:26 PM   #1
stupidreefer
AF Newbie

Tranny stuck ??

Ok my buddy has a magnum 05 with the 2.7l or 2.5l whatever it is. Anyway, it will not shift from park at all. I tried the over-ride pink button, the shifter will move over to the right, but not down into any gear. The car will rock so I don't think the tanny is stuck, but I'm baffled @ what to do?? Has anyone hear had this type of issue?? It will start and when you press the brake the shifter will move to the right but again won't pull down into any gear. I can't fine a blown fuse either. Any help would be great as he was suppose to be trading it at a dealership today.
stupidreefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 07:54 PM   #2
stupidreefer
AF Newbie

Re: Tranny stuck ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by stupidreefer View Post
Ok my buddy has a magnum 05 with the 2.7l or 2.5l whatever it is. Anyway, it will not shift from park at all. I tried the over-ride pink button, the shifter will move over to the right, but not down into any gear. The car will rock so I don't think the tranny is stuck, but I'm baffled @ what to do?? Has anyone here had this type of issue?? It will start and when you press the brake the shifter will move to the right but again won't pull down into any gear. I can't fine a blown fuse either. Any help would be great as he was suppose to be trading it at a dealership today.
Ok if you ever have this issue I found the problem, Their is a solenoid under the shifter. You have to take the shifter apart and out of the car (it's held together by four 8mm nuts). Once out you can pop it apart and find the soleniod at the back of the shifter where the wire with the plug is located. Sorry I wish I could take pics to show but broke the camera. This was our issue with it shifting out of park to any gear. Hope this can help someone.
stupidreefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 11:18 AM   #3
passnbyu
AF Newbie

Re: Tranny stuck ??

Hi, I know that this is a old thread but I just had this problem and here's what I did to fix it. First this is what happened to mine. It just wouldn't pull out of park one day. I took the shifter apart and found that the interlocking lever (pink in color) tab broke off that holds one end of the spring that pulls it back into place. They make cast alum replacement pcs (ebay). I fixed mine. I just cut the remainding tab off. Then took a needle and heated it on the stove to burn a little started hole in the lever. Then I bought from lowes a pack of eye hooks with lag threads. .98 cents for 10. Screwed one in then hooked the spring to it. I also found that I needed the small cable hooked before I could get it to shift again. Still working great! There is a video on youtube that shows you how to take it apart. Good luck!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uAmY_M7TTk
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG1332.jpg (165.3 KB, 1 views)

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Magnum | Magnum SRT8