Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Murano | FX45
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-04-2009, 06:33 PM   #1
sonofsong
AF Newbie

Exclamation Beware!!

I have an 06 Murano SL with 49,000 miles that was vibrating really bad when accelerating from a stop and hard accelerating at speed. I assumed (hoped) it was the transmission so the drive train warranty would cover the cost and dropped it by my local dealer for repair. The dealer called and informed me it was a crack in the air inlet manifold going to the fuel intake for a cost of $326.00 (not under warranty) which I authorized them to repair.
The dealer called me after the repairs were done and told me they made a miscalculation of the repairs and it would now be $465.00 which includes 2 hrs labor plus parts to fix my Murano. I told them I did not authorize this charge and wanted to speak to the manager, he then informed me that he "just discovered" while he was talking to me that he noticed on his computer the inlet manifold was actually now covered by the 60,000 drive train warranty and there will be no charge for the repairs. Wow!... should I be happy? No, the dealer tried to rip me off and when I picked my car up I asked them to show me the repairs they did. The repair was the flexible hose that runs from the air filter to the manifold which had 4 clamps holding it together. Why would it take 2 hrs to mount the hose? Beware all and the dealer was Gwinnett Place Nissan a major dealer in Georgia! I did have my Murano repaired for free but do not let them scam you on this,it was 4 clamps & 2 flexible hoses that needed replacing, why would this take 2 hours to fix?
sonofsong is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Murano | FX45