Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Hyundai > Tiburon | Tuscani
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-21-2002, 02:23 AM   #1
Euro19
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to Euro19 Send a message via AIM to Euro19 Send a message via Yahoo to Euro19
Post Beside the looks, the 03 Tiburon SUCKS (not opinion but facts)

The 2003 Tiburon certainly looks nice and sporty, of course, could you expect anything else that has been copied from the amazing Ferrari 456?

Apart from that the Tiburon isnīt good: some important magazine says about the Tiburon:

īThis is a machine of unrefined flavors,
The cockpit smells of unpleasant chemicals,
The doors slam with a junky note,
The ears and the seat of the pants report a heavy-footed ride.
The interior at cruising speeds feels with a dull roar rather than mechanical music.
Lots of impact noise up from the pavement.
The steering is lifeless and lacking in the feel of precision that makes a great sporting car.
The gearbox requires heavy effort.
The lever motion is trusty. We always grabbed the right gear BUT the action is not fun.
The engine lacks thrills.
It peaks fairly low, far below the 6500 rpm redline, and offers no encouragement above 5000.
None of us liked the interior.
The seats are supportive but lacking all traces of plushness.
We noticed small riples in the door stampings and elsewhere on the exterior, a sign of unsophisticated dies in the manufacturing plant.
The Tiburon is priced where it belongs (cheap)
It doesnīt comes with all-season tires like its competitors (It canīt go on the snow).
The rear seat comfort and space with 2 passengers are worst than average. Same goes for the ease of entry/exit (3 out of 10) īī
---------------
In conclusion this is a car that just canīt be compared to real sports coupes like the Celica, Acura RSX, Mitsubishi Eclipse, VW GTI, etc..........

why is everybody talking all this stuff about me, why donīt just they let me live?

- Daewoo

The Best SUV itīs korean!

Old 06-03-2002, 11:09 PM   #2
AdRock2003
AF Newbie

This is one magazine's opinion. If you only look at what one person says then that is an uninformed opinion. Don't judge by just one article.
Old 06-05-2002, 07:57 PM   #3
Shadowgate
AF Newbie

I've heard bad reviews and I've heard alot of good ones...your point?
Its all about opinion...and alot of those things you mentioned aren't in my car...
Old 06-05-2002, 10:51 PM   #4
Ura
AF Newbie

Send a message via ICQ to Ura
So I'm interested in hearing which version of the car they tested and if it was a retail version or a demo model that often comes out a few months before the retail ones and tend to have bugs in them.
All the reviews I've been reading about the Tiburon in a variety of mags have all had good things to say about the car and are shocked that its a Hyundai. One even made comparisons between the demo car they got and the retail one they tried a few months later and were stunned it was the same car. Noting great improvment in handling, engine response, and comfort. Its been getting alot of very good reviews over here.
Old 09-13-2002, 07:49 AM   #5
itsmeek
AF Regular

hands down people it's a HYUNDAI. sure, they've advanced and improved since the first days, but it''s still a HYUNDAI. the reason they offer a 100k warranty is because it's a HYUNDAI. it's a pretty car and i did test drive it before purchased my car, but it really didn't compare to the other cars i drove. even the mp3 felt better and it was cheaper. i would go w/a civic before i got the tiburon. but damn it's a pretty car.
Old 09-13-2002, 02:06 PM   #6
the_NuBee
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to the_NuBee
OMG
tiburon sucks man? what the hell
just get a freaking twin turbo..
u dont noe wut ur talking about.
the koreans have made dat car if there life depended on it.
tibs are getting betta and betta
Old 09-13-2002, 02:19 PM   #7
itsmeek
AF Regular

lol

and how do u propose to put a twin turbo into a tiburon?? lol, i'd like to see that one become something in the everyday market. and i don't know what i'm talking about? that engine can't take anything more.
Old 09-21-2002, 11:52 PM   #8
TibOwner
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally posted by itsmeek
lol

and how do u propose to put a twin turbo into a tiburon?? lol, i'd like to see that one become something in the everyday market. and i don't know what i'm talking about? that engine can't take anything more.
Umm..yeah..you really know what you're talking about here buddy. Korea has MANY tibs running with not only 150 shots of nitrous on stock internals, but there are also many tibs running in excess of 800 horses (stock crank) and there are a bunch of twin turbo tibs as well. The delta 6 on the 3rd gen tibs can't take as much power, but the I4's can handle more than enough to surprise alot of people.

And as far as that magazine goes that wrote that bad review. It's pretty funny that you found that, because if oyu look at Car 7 Driver, and Modern Automotive, they both have given the 3rd gen tibs nothing props. Also, look in Import Tuner, SCC, and Import Racer. All 3 magazines have 3rd gen tibs to do custom build ups on them. Also, all 3 mags have advertisements on the new tibs, and in Import Tuner, they have the "You Build it, You Win It" contest where you get to build a custom a tib and then win it. Also, APC (horrible company, but still...) and Modern Image, Quantem Tec, AEM, and Blitz all have 3rd gen tibs to do custom build ups as well. Has Hyundai made it into the mainstream...maybe not now, but it sure as hell is getting there.

OH yeah..and one other thing...as much as I hate Fast & Furious, go and check out the sequal when it comes out because you'll be pretty surprised to see a few Hyundais in that movie. How do I know that? Because Craig Liberman (the race consultant) and a friend of mine from Florida who has a custom turboed 1st gen is going to pick out cars for the movie together.

You want more info? Then check out www.teamsr.org
Old 09-22-2002, 02:04 PM   #9
itsmeek
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by TibOwner

Umm..yeah..you really know what you're talking about here buddy. Korea has MANY tibs running with not only 150 shots of nitrous on stock internals, but there are also many tibs running in excess of 800 horses (stock crank) and there are a bunch of twin turbo tibs as well. The delta 6 on the 3rd gen tibs can't take as much power, but the I4's can handle more than enough to surprise alot of people.

And as far as that magazine goes that wrote that bad review. It's pretty funny that you found that, because if oyu look at Car 7 Driver, and Modern Automotive, they both have given the 3rd gen tibs nothing props. Also, look in Import Tuner, SCC, and Import Racer. All 3 magazines have 3rd gen tibs to do custom build ups on them. Also, all 3 mags have advertisements on the new tibs, and in Import Tuner, they have the "You Build it, You Win It" contest where you get to build a custom a tib and then win it. Also, APC (horrible company, but still...) and Modern Image, Quantem Tec, AEM, and Blitz all have 3rd gen tibs to do custom build ups as well. Has Hyundai made it into the mainstream...maybe not now, but it sure as hell is getting there.

OH yeah..and one other thing...as much as I hate Fast & Furious, go and check out the sequal when it comes out because you'll be pretty surprised to see a few Hyundais in that movie. How do I know that? Because Craig Liberman (the race consultant) and a friend of mine from Florida who has a custom turboed 1st gen is going to pick out cars for the movie together.

You want more info? Then check out www.teamsr.org
lol i've also seen a twin engined tiburon. i never said you couldn't, i meant at what cost???? it's obvious you can make a yugo a 9 second car, but at WHAT COST. i give hyundai alot of respect and I admire the way they've moved up, but w/alot less money and headaches u can make a honda, acura, toyota, nissan go faster for cheaper, and it'll last longer.
Old 09-22-2002, 02:43 PM   #10
TibOwner
AF Newbie

Rrrriiiiggghhttt....what ever helps ya sleep at night. You can buy complete base line turbo or supercharger kits for $1900 for the tibs that will put them right in the same ctegory as Eclipse GST's. And with a little extra money to upgrade the kits, any tib would be right up there in the 350 to 450 horsepower range. An as far as it lasting, HA HA....are you telling me that an Eclipse GST would out last a Tib? Or a Honda with boost would out last a Hyundai? LMAO....whatever dreamer. Every single DSM breaks down due to the glass tranny's, and Honda's would blow up over time with that kind of power under the hood. There has never been a Tib that blew it's crank or cracked it's block or screwed up it's tranny due to having alot of power.

For every modification that you can do to a Honda, or Mitsu, or Acura or whatever, you can do the same exact thing to a Hyundai and the price range will be identical. But the one thing that will set the Hyundai apart is that the engine will last alot longer. The reason why you and so many other people say Hyundai is junk is because of this:

Back in the day when Hyundai got it's reputation for being a POS, it wasn't Hyundai's fault. It was MITSU's fault. Yes, you heard me right. It was Mitsu who was building and designing the engines and tranny's for Hyundai. The engines all blew and sucked donkey balls, and because of Mitsu, Hyundai received a bad rep. Now that Hyundai is designing their own stuff, and has been for the last few years, they have started to out perform other big name car manufacturers out there. So before you start flaming Hyundai or any other type of car at that, do your homework and learn something other that jumping on the "Flame" bandwagon.
Old 09-24-2002, 10:19 PM   #11
itsmeek
AF Regular

dude,

give it up. your comparing a friggin HYUNDAI to a HONDA, and saying it's a better car??? Is that why the only way they can sell anything is to offer a 100k warranty?? Where has anyone that knows anything about cars (obviously not you, you purchased a HYUNDAI) said that a HYUNDAI is even comparable to a HONDA. It's ok that you made a terrible choice when you chose the HYUNDAI over the HONDA or MITSU or NISSAN or TOYOTA. I can go over thousands of cars that have 400+ hp after 10k+ spent on them too, but when it comes down to it, the average person would be smart enough NOT to buy a piece of shit HYUNDAI. Btw if you want to take this thread somewhere that it'll get more hits, post a subject HYUNDAI vs HONDA or any other company and lets see where it heads.
Old 10-14-2002, 02:53 AM   #12
Hatchboy69
AF Newbie

Ok itsmeek you obviously have no clue what your talking about because i owned a gsx and it broke down all of the time and I own a civic with an integra ls swap and that breaks down too. Theres no way that hyundai would give out a 10 year 100,000 mile warranty if their engines wouldnt hold up. And the other guy is right about the civic or integra engines not being able to hold the boost cause if I slapped a turbo on my engine it would blow in no time at all and the same with civic engines cause I know people who have done that. so before you get all upset on someone knocking civics and tegs maybe you should get the facts first.
Old 10-14-2002, 11:07 AM   #13
Cmotif
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Cmotif
Thanks Hatchback69 for your honesty

Some people have such incredible brand loyalty and will fight to the death over it without looking at facts. I remember the old Ford/Chevy arguments from Jr. High, and this isn't any different.

Hondas are cool, but there are a lot of other good and interesting cars out there. I had a Honda Accord that the head gasket went on when I was with some friends up in the mountains. Had to get 100 miles banging away on only two cylinders and revving it like it was a 750 Fiat to get up enough torque to get from 1st to 2nd gear.

I have had 2 American cars, 2 Japanese cars, 3 German cars, 1 Italian Car, 1 Czech Car and 1 Korean Car. They all had their pluses and minuses. Some had character, some were more fun than others and for different reasons. I like trying new cars and not getting in the same old rut.

I'd own a Tiburon.

What I heard from Motortrend TV was all very positive about it. They compared slalom times to those of Porsche.

Cmotif <><
Old 10-14-2002, 11:49 PM   #14
KeGrO
Banned

Send a message via AIM to KeGrO
Guess what? YOUR BOTH RIGHT! i know its fun to debate, i have fun reading your argument, but the tiburon is a great car, in its price range that is, i haven't test driven one, and i don't intend to, i won't start wanting one until, hyundai has more experience under their belt. they're a great company, right now they're the number 1 huge ship building company, and they may compete with the top sellers in a bout ten years. but for now, to me, since i have actually lived in korea, ITS STILL A HYUNDAI! and these sonatas, XGs, KIAs and daewoos all look funny to me cus they're taxis over there.
Old 10-18-2002, 10:04 PM   #15
akhedraki
AF Newbie

THis is to Euro19. Dude, i dont know what mag. you got that article out of, but most of it is false. First of all, you said that it doesn't have all season tires. It does have all season tires(It DOES drive in the snow) In fact, they are better tires than both the celica and rsx. Second of all, the interior of both the celica and rsx have relatively the same sizes. The Tib's back seet is bigger in some measurments, and thats a fact. I admit that the rsx is better if you have the extra cash, but the celica sucks. You have to dig out a good amount of dough just to get the celica to have the same features the tiburon has. Nothing is standard on the celica. Plus, the tiburon looks better than both those cars. Rsx may be better performance wize, but the styling sucks! Did you guys know that the tib. is #1 rally car and is currently beating the Subaru Impreza WRX.

And for the idiot who said you cant compare a honda to hyundai. Yes you could. Honda sucks. hyundai has improved so much but you damn people wont freaken get over it. Yes hyundai used to suck, but it don't No more.

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Hyundai > Tiburon | Tuscani