Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Accord/TSX/Accord Hybrid
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-12-2016, 03:32 PM   #1
bleibowitz
AF Newbie

Rear wheels can't be aligned to spec?

I just had my 2013 Accord CVT aligned at the dealer, and they told me that the right rear wheel couldn't be brought into spec, and that this is common on rear wheels. The camber spec is -1.75 to -0.75 degrees, and the wheel is currently at -1.78, so only barely out of range. It was the same value on the initial measurement. Is this a believable story?

They still charged me for the alignment because one of the front wheel was aligned. I am suspicious that they just didn't want to do the rear wheel, or that first adjustment didn't work and they didn't want to spend more time on it. I don't want to pay for alignment that didn't work.

Any reason why rear camber couldn't be adjusted into range? The technician mentioned it could be due to any amount of extra weight in the rear of the car, but that also sounds bogus. We don't have any significant cargo in this vehicle, but even so I wouldn't expect it to have a large affect on wheel alignment. If a few pounds could shift the wheel by fractions of a degree, that would sound very dangerous!
bleibowitz is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Tags
alignment , rear
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Accord/TSX/Accord Hybrid