Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive News Desk
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-04-2009, 05:45 PM   #1
Rachelleee
AF Newbie

Vehicle check

Hey! I just wanted to share my recent experience with you. I wanted to buy a used Toyota Camry and when I finally found a perfect one, I thought it would be good if somebody more knowledgeable in cars will check it for me. Since I don’t know anybody who is good in that, I decided to call this service called SmartAutoCheck. It’s a mobile diagnostic center. So I called and they send an inspector to a dealership at arranged time. The inspector checked eeeeverything – engine, transmission, frame, basically all parts and systems. He also did a compression test and a test drive. Approximately after an hour I got a report all covered with his writing. The inspector explain me what was in that report and I was quite surprised when the inspector told me the car was hit in the back and in the front when the seller claimed that it wasn’t involved in any accidents. To be honest if I didn’t order a check I would buy this car. It looked very clean. God knows how much trouble the check saved me from!
I was just curious if anybody else ordered the check before?? What was the result? Did you get a discount or refused to buy a car like I did?
Rachelleee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 06:43 PM   #2
j cAT
AF Fanatic

Re: Vehicle check

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachelleee
Hey! I just wanted to share my recent experience with you. I wanted to buy a used Toyota Camry and when I finally found a perfect one, I thought it would be good if somebody more knowledgeable in cars will check it for me. Since I don’t know anybody who is good in that, I decided to call this service called SmartAutoCheck. It’s a mobile diagnostic center. So I called and they send an inspector to a dealership at arranged time. The inspector checked eeeeverything – engine, transmission, frame, basically all parts and systems. He also did a compression test and a test drive. Approximately after an hour I got a report all covered with his writing. The inspector explain me what was in that report and I was quite surprised when the inspector told me the car was hit in the back and in the front when the seller claimed that it wasn’t involved in any accidents. To be honest if I didn’t order a check I would buy this car. It looked very clean. God knows how much trouble the check saved me from!
I was just curious if anybody else ordered the check before?? What was the result? Did you get a discount or refused to buy a car like I did?

for a small fee you should also get a vin report about a used vehicle prior to purchase..accidents are important but mileage tampering is rampant..
j cAT is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive News Desk