Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-06-2002, 11:31 AM   #151
GPrince
AF Newbie

All this data is derived from Computer Sims

Power plant supercharged .8 l (yes I said point 8 L) 2 cycle radial 3 cylinder.
making 1450 Hp at 11000 rpm and 725 FT/LB of torque at 10000 rpm and still brings in 450 FT/LB of torque at 2000 rpm with Direct cylinder Fuel injection, Fuel being H2 (if we are going to switch to hydrogen we need to capture the imagination of the people). And it has the Octane rating to handle 15 to 1 compression ratio. 2.4 inch stroke with 3 inch bore. The whole engine with supercharger is slightly larger than a coffee can, and would sit under the floorpan along with the 6 speed Lycoming Airshifted Transmission, with Auto and manual mode. some times it's just way to fun to shift. Clutch is Fluid, no disk.

The Chassis mid mounted Power plant, AWD, body, Chassis, suspension and drivetrain, are all made of Carbon Graphite.

82 inch wheelbase
Curbweight a little over 1300 lb.

Quarter mile time just under 6 seconds and toping 235 miles per hour while still in 4th gear.
Fuel economy I figure around 14 mi per gallon.
Old 08-07-2002, 05:15 PM   #152
Cbass
AF Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to Cbass Send a message via AIM to Cbass Send a message via MSN to Cbass Send a message via Yahoo to Cbass
Sounds nice, but I think it would have to be a little bigger than a coffee can if it was a radial with a 2.4" stroke, especially one that has to handle 15:1 SC. That's 15:1 off boost static compression?

I want to see one of those Audi 5 cylinders out of the S cars on hydrogen! It's 2.2 liters, makes 260ftlbs at 1950rpm, and peak power of 230hp at 5800 rpm, with a redline of 7000-8000, depending on application. That's on 92 octane...

BMW recently had an older 7 series on the show car circuit, running on hydrogen. It was a really simple conversion, and it made quite a bit more power than the gas. Not only does have a higher octane rating, it also contains more energy.

There's a good page that has info on a propane swap, and table with info about various fuel types...

http://www.gmi.edu/~lpgvan/SAE-LPG.html

Connor - Porsche Nazi since 2001, VW defiler since 2004

This here's a Fabrication forum!
My lugnut requires more torque than your LS1 makes.
Old 08-11-2002, 10:40 PM   #153
hondasuck
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to hondasuck
here's a nice "cars i hate" post. we flipped a sentra today. going very fast on 595 in florida just before nob hill road when all of a sudden the stupid civic in front of uys slams on his brakes... not the worst yet.... swurve... swurve... ditch... FLIP! all three of us in the car were all OK but we were ready to chase down that dam civic and kill the dumbass driving. the meds said 5 more feet and we would all have been dead..., anyone know what it's like to breathe down death's neck by 5 freakin feet? well I DO! today was not my day to die. love you all and it's good to be alive!
Old 08-13-2002, 12:16 PM   #154
lifeiscars
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to lifeiscars
i would hunt down that honda and fucking ram into the back of there car. especially if its a rental car, f uck up there car and then pay the deductible and be good.
Old 08-13-2002, 12:28 PM   #155
GPrince
AF Newbie

what is it with people and small cars?

not too long ago one pulled out in front of me while I was driving a loaded 2 ton truck.

they pulled out only 35 feet in front of me. I could do nothing.
and then they acted like thet did not see me.
how do you miss a 2 ton truck?
Old 08-13-2002, 12:52 PM   #156
lifeiscars
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to lifeiscars
you really can't miss a two ton, and normally in a small car you can hear it very well, even wit you music off, cuz they are so cheap. if you look in your mirror you really cant miss it.
Old 08-13-2002, 06:28 PM   #157
GPrince
AF Newbie

I would rather know how to miss a cheap little car with 30,000 lbs.
Old 08-14-2002, 05:06 PM   #158
Cbass
AF Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to Cbass Send a message via AIM to Cbass Send a message via MSN to Cbass Send a message via Yahoo to Cbass
If the Civic slammed on it's brakes, and you had to swerve, I would think you were following a little closely... Or was this in really bunched up traffic?

So has anyone seen that commercial for the Midas(?) shop, the one where the guy brings in his Yugo for a tuneup?

(yugo driver)"Wow, it's running great!"(looks over at tech in passenger sat) "Let's jump the bridge!"

(tech)"But we're in a Yugo!"

(guy tries to jump bridge that is out, dukes of hazard style, makes it 5 feet before dropping into creek)

(tech shrugs shoulders)"Yugo...)

Connor - Porsche Nazi since 2001, VW defiler since 2004

This here's a Fabrication forum!
My lugnut requires more torque than your LS1 makes.
Old 11-21-2002, 02:55 AM   #159
GeneralTJI
AF Newbie

Send a message via ICQ to GeneralTJI Send a message via AIM to GeneralTJI
Quote:
focus. Both are FWD, both are commuter cars, both are reliable
WHoa !!! HAHAHAHAH .. Fuckus reliable ? There are more pages of recalls on the focus than I can shake a stick at.. ! ... sad but true ...

Quote:
but we are talking about an 'SL' model with DOHC 5 spd and 222 plus hp and over 205 torque with minor mods, I have walked many v6 cameros and mustang's stock
ROFL ! uh... My Tacoma 4x4 has never lost to a V6 Mustang / Camaro either.. some were mod'd. both at the Track and Street.. have videos too... I just wouldn't get too carried away about how amazing that 'SL' is... you slap a turbo on it, and I'm all over it being badass... know what I mean !?

Quote:
Anything ford
because they are slow and very very
unreliable
Yea.. pretty much ! especially the reliability part ....

Quote:
Slow and unreliable? Where do these come from? My mustang's fine at 35k miles, not a single prob to date...hopefully, luck will continue. And mine's fast, so...Maybe we shouldn't count mine, though, since it has too much invested.
.... ROFL ! 35k ? Is that a joke ? :apuke: ..... you need at least 150k before you can say anything about reliability... check the Consumer reviews, watch what you see on the side of the road.. talk to mechanics.. read the reviews... Ford is NOT know for being reliable or even close to it... ehhh

I'm not gonna tell you Toyota, or Honda or whatever, is perfectly reliablie or whatever... but there is a difference... hopefully you never have trouble w/ your Stang.. but judging by the numbers... it could happen...

.... As far as cars I hate:

- V6 Mustang / Camaro
- Most Fords, but not all
- Asstek
- VW BUG
- n/a Eclipse
- n/a Supra
- n/a anything that was offered Turbo'd
- Riced Econo Cars....

Thats all I can think of now...

I am probably an asshole..... heh

Old 11-21-2002, 05:51 PM   #160
hondasuck
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to hondasuck
yeah, traffic was pea soup. anyway that was a long time ago. and "lifeiscars" i would like to chake your hand. LOL , so here's my "cars i hate" anything honda. especially civics with altezzas and rims, and nothing more.
Old 01-07-2003, 06:19 PM   #161
Chris V
The Big Meaney

Love how generally STUPID the anti-whatever posts are.

I can tell how many clueless kids and inbred retards are posting, including the moron who started this thread.

So tell, me, does it physically hurt to have your mind closed that tightly? It should. I've never understood why people actually LIKE to be closed minded and hateful.

Go ahead. Insult me with your childish retorts if it makes you feel better. Try to ignore the meaning of my words, so you don't have to actually think.

2013 MINI JCW Roadster
2023 Chevy Bolt
Old 03-12-2003, 01:57 AM   #162
Purpura Delujo
AF Enthusiast

I hate:

Hyundais, all.
Kias, all.
Protons, all.
Ford, Focus, Ka & the new Mustang (Older ones were the bomb)
Holden, all but VL Calais, VS SS & Brock Editions of all Commodores & LH, LX, SLR model Toranas, all the rest are :apuke:
Chevy, Not many at all. I love Camaros and Silverados! Especially Impalas!
Ferrari, hate the Enzo, ugly heap of expensive crap.
Any rice deserves to get burnt!

I think thats all, oh yeah Pontiac Aztek.
Old 03-12-2003, 11:37 PM   #163
Jimster
Here for the pussy, man.

Send a message via ICQ to Jimster Send a message via AIM to Jimster Send a message via Yahoo to Jimster
Re: I hate:

Quote:
Originally posted by Lowryda

Ferrari, hate the Enzo, ugly heap of expensive crap.
\

WASH YOUR MOUTH OUT YOUNG MAN!!!!

2007 Audi A4 3.0 TDI Le Mans
Old 03-13-2003, 01:16 AM   #164
OTF351
AF Newbie

I hate hyundais excels...............the ones with stupid wings and stickers and empty milo tins for muffler tips,they suck and the drivers are freeken loonies.I really hate the one i have to drive but whats worse is sometimes i win some races if i were the people that just got iced by a 1.5 scoupe i would go home and shoot myself.
Old 03-13-2003, 01:24 AM   #165
blazed on haze :\
AF Regular

i hate

-hyunday's of all sorts. there cars r rubbish

-shitsubishi lancers

-toyota echo's

-those lil jap vans that r smaller than rx-7's. rx-7's r wicked tho

ta hell with these shitboxes!