Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > HHR
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-17-2015, 02:40 PM   #16
Sookie
AF Newbie

Re: programming a keyless entry key fob

Yes, i figured it out. The instructions listed above does not work for hhrs. Took me a month to figure it out. Battery died in mine and once i changed the battery i accidentally broke the contact loose so i had to resolder it down. I have a 2011 hhr LS model and i have successfully reprogrammed mine without a scan tool. ��
Sookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 02:48 PM   #17
Sookie
AF Newbie

First get in, unlock all ur doors. Then turn the key on without cranking it. You hit the info button and the arrow button at the same time to enter reset mode. Then scroll the information button until u see language: english on ur dash. Then hit the reset + button down for 30 seconds. The press both lock and unlock buttons on the remote. U will hear clicking several times then the locks unlock followed by two horn beeps. Dont let up yet. Hold those buttons down longer until it locks the doors followed by the two horn beeps. My problem, i wasnt holding the buttons down long enough. It has to cycle all the way through to lock and unlock. It took a good while of holding the buttons down. If u dont get the first time wait tens minutes before trying the reprogram again. Took me several tries but by george i did it. Of course this is the same key fob ive always used. Once u change the battery after its been dead so long, u have to use the reset method.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sookie For This Useful Post:
colonelron (06-26-2019)
Old 11-17-2015, 02:49 PM   #18
Sookie
AF Newbie

Yes, i figured it out. The instructions listed above does not work for hhrs. Took me a month to figure it out. Battery died in mine and once i changed the battery i accidentally broke the contact loose so i had to resolder it down. I have a 2011 hhr ls model and i have successfully reprogrammed mine without a scan tool. 😂
Old 11-17-2015, 02:51 PM   #19
Sookie
AF Newbie

Lemme know if i need to edit this or it dont makes lil sense lol.
Old 11-17-2015, 03:00 PM   #20
Sookie
AF Newbie

I went to the chevy dealership too before i found my fix. My car is under warrenty and extended warrenty. But becuase i didnt buy my car from them. They didnt want to honer it. He wanted to charge me 80 service call, 80 for a replacement key fob plus tax lol hell naw! He cracked open my keyfob and point out the battery clip was loose. Well sorry mate, i went home and replaced the battery again and soldered the clip back down. Now i have the pleasure of telling him to kiss my grits. You can reprogram it without a tech 2 scan tool!

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > HHR