Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > FJ Cruiser
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-04-2011, 08:05 AM   #1
OzzyO
AF Regular

Send a message via MSN to OzzyO Send a message via Yahoo to OzzyO
Talking My New Cruiser

This is my newest 4 wheel drive a 2007 FJ Cruiser with only 12,000 miles or 34,000 kilometers on it, I Love this SUV

My New SUV1.jpg

My New SUV2.jpg

My New SUV3.jpg

My New SUV4.jpg
Old 08-19-2011, 10:41 PM   #2
OzzyO
AF Regular

Re: My New Cruiser

The FJ Cruiser, below, has a rear backup sensor that beeps if your to close to an object, it has rear differential lock and also another locking diff that must be for the front end. It has power windows steering, air conditioning, an Am, FM CD, MP3 player, plus a connecter for an Ipod or MP3 Player, it also has a cigarette lighter that maybe used for 120 watts, I have to read up on that lol and it is a 4 door 4 wheel drive with the 4x4 shifter by the gear shift. I live in Canada and didn't notice with the manual and see no markings but I'm not sure which model it is ? You may also just shift into 4 wheel drive without the diff lock, you may only use the diff lock if your running under 5 kilometers an hour, it also has a trailer towing package wiith a class 3 hitch, I didn't get the connector to attach to the trailer wiring and Toyota locally wants $140.00 for that connector so if I'm able to I'll wire it myself, if not I'll get it wired for me. I don't get to drive it as much as I would like due to my health, I have a spinal cord injury for 29 years now and am suffering with unbelievable pain, I'm able to walk with low leg braces, a knee brace and forearm crutches, but I use my wheelchair alot for a few years now where as before I hardly used it at all.
I will be selling my baby, my 1994 4Runner it has about 240,000 kilometers on it and everything works except the rear defrost, I imagine it's just a wire, it also needs slight body work as I am no longer able to look after the suv myself, that's why I bought the Cruiser, a newer suv with no problems that I know of.
I just thought I would add some information on my newer FJ Cruiser, Thank You for your time.

Last edited by OzzyO; 08-21-2011 at 07:02 PM. Reason: Update on FJ Cruiser options
OzzyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 11:10 PM   #3
Brian R.
Resident Chemist

Send a message via Yahoo to Brian R.

Nice truck. I've been thinking of getting one myself. That or a new 4Runner.

"What we've got here is a failure to communicate"
Brian R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 07:16 PM   #4
OzzyO
AF Regular

There not very expensive Brian and I wanted a true 4 wheel drive. I had it out to the beach yesterday and with the A Track and Diff Lock, I drove all over the beach with no problem or even a hint of bogging it down and what I really like about it is that on the highway or paved roads it drives like a luxury car but it's a bit hard on gas especially when using 4 wheel drive and I think you can buy one with the same options as mine, a new 2012 for under $35,000 US, that's not bad considering what it's capable of as far as 4 wheeling plus the drive comfort , you feel like your strapped into a tank lol but I love that SUV and I'm glad I bought it.
I just have to read the manual more so I get to know it inside and out and I think the previous owner took alot of the options out of it, for example the wiring connecter and wire for hooking onto a trailer plus the rear 120 watt electrical outlets, now why he did that, I have no idea ...but I still love that SUV.
I hope you have a look at one, if I lived near ya I'd let ya check mine out but I'm way up here in Nova Scotia so that's not going to happen lol. But I think you will be impressed when you take one for a test drive...Good Luck.
Old 12-06-2011, 12:56 AM   #5
OzzyO
AF Regular

Brian, my FJ Cruiser had a bug deflecter on the engine hood, now the piece it was attached to is fiberglass but I removed that bug deflecter and what a difference in gas milage, I was shocked at the difference to be honest, I think removing that deflecter allowed alot more air to enter the throttle body and it seems like a totally different truck, just thought I would let you know.

Last edited by OzzyO; 12-06-2011 at 12:57 AM. Reason: forgot I had a signature.
Old 12-28-2011, 09:55 PM   #6
fredjacksonsan
Caution: Monkeys bite!

Send a message via AIM to fredjacksonsan

OzzyO, thanks for the posts. My wife and I have been doing our homework and will be getting an FJ for our next vehicle. So where was the bug deflector that it was blocking so much air...front of the hood?
fredjacksonsan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 04:24 PM   #7
OzzyO
AF Regular

Yes Fred it was on outer edge of the front engine hood, and attached to the hood just under that front edge with phillips screws and within 10 inches from the front of the engine hood is what looks like a hood scoop which I assume is for the air getting into the engine bay, I was really surprised the difference in gas milage without it. If your looking into buying one try to get the rear differential lock and auto trac because they both help the Cruiser alot in 4 wheel drive and I'm sure you can only get those options in the 4 wheel drive version of the fj cruiser. I was out driving in a snow storm where we got 44 centimeters of snow and that cruiser was awesome, I couldn't believe it, I have a 1994 ForeRunner and it's great in the snow but this cruiser was just unbelievable, even when hitting drifts partially across the road that suv just went through it without a jerk or pull in the steering at all. I know it has a wider wheel base than my 4runner but I was really surprised at how easily it took that snow and just mowed through it, there were no traction problems at all, the only times the wheels spun was if I walked on it lol, I had to get the tires to spin a lil bit lol.

Last edited by OzzyO; 01-13-2012 at 04:48 PM. Reason: more information
Old 01-13-2012, 08:02 PM   #8
fredjacksonsan

Gotcha. We'll be getting 4wd for sure, and will make sure to get the locking rear diff and A-Trac.

Appreciate all the information!
Old 01-14-2012, 03:13 AM   #9
OzzyO
AF Regular

Your welcome Fred, I doubt if you will be disappointed, they start in the high 20"s and fully loaded there in the high 30's. Mine is the Basic, I think, it came with a class 3 towing hitch but I had to buy the wiring, relay switches and modual to be able to have it connect electrially to the cruiser. It has power windows and door locks, ac, tilt wheel, cruise and mine has the 17 " wheel size instead of the 16", with beautiful alloy rims. It has a cd, radio, am and fm a rear parking sensor, the a trac and locking rear diff, I mentioned to you.
The loaded cruiser would have a 6 cd player with a huge subwoofer, also am, fm and satilight radio, it also has the power inverter that is in the front and rear sides of the cruiser, there is a TRD option you can get with it also and the Inclimeter and compass that fits on your front dash. Also it would have driver and passenger 6 way adjustable seats with a great adjustable arm rest, mine only came with the arm rest and adjustable seat on the drivers side, you also get the rear defrost and the back window does open but with the key. All your trailer connection would be included and I was told you can buy the off road package but what`s included in that I`m not sure, you also get the toyota oem vent visors and the bug deflecter and running boards with a rear tire cover also. They have rubber floor mats that connect to the floor so there not sliding all over the place and there is no carpet at all in the interior, which I love but what really surprised me is how nice they drive, it`s like driving a luxury car, so smooth and takes the bumps so well that you don`t even notice them. And I was told, if possible to buy the cruiser new with the options you want because when you add them after buying the cruiser, the toyota parts are quite expensive such as an arm rest on the passenger side, it would cost me close to $200 to add that arm rest, jezz and to buy the trailer towing electrical connections that cost me $140. One more thing, the color of mine is black cherry, they don`t call it that color n e more, it`s called a brick type of color, ex: red brick burgundy. But test drive it and if it impresses you and your wife, like it did to me and mine, you will end up buying one, Good Luck, Fred.

1994 Toyota ForeRunner SR5 with 190,000 klms
2001 Toyota Rav4 with 88,000 klms
2007 FJ Cruiser with 37,000 klms

Last edited by OzzyO; 01-14-2012 at 03:17 AM. Reason: adding more information
Old 03-29-2012, 01:05 AM   #10
OzzyO
AF Regular

This is my 1994 Toyota Forerunner for those asking about it...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ozzys 4Runner1.jpg (200.2 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg Ozzys 4Runner3.jpg (287.5 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg Ozzys 4Runner5.jpg (134.1 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg Ozzys 4Runner8.jpg (3.9 KB, 55 views)
File Type: jpg Ozzys 4Runner6.jpg (164.8 KB, 3 views)
Old 04-25-2020, 10:42 PM   #11
OzzyO
AF Regular

Oh Brian I had a serious problem with my 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser, Please private message me , if your interested. OzzyO
Old 04-26-2020, 01:22 AM   #12
fredjacksonsan

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyO View Post
Oh Brian I had a serious problem with my 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser, Please private message me , if your interested. OzzyO
Why not post up the issue here? It would help other members.

I was in the market and almost bought an FJ in '15 but the price had skyrocketed when Toyota stopped selling them in the US.
Old 04-26-2020, 02:18 AM   #13
Brian R.
Resident Chemist

Send a message via Yahoo to Brian R.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyO View Post
Yes, please post it here. I suggest in a new thread with an appropriate title

"What we've got here is a failure to communicate"

Last edited by Brian R.; 04-26-2020 at 09:34 PM.
Brian R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2020, 09:33 PM   #14
OzzyO
AF Regular

Hey guys about my 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser, this is really weird what happened but here we go. The rear end axel rotted out, it had a big piece of the axel with a rusted out hole in it, it affected the shafts in the rear end they were clanging together and it was a scary sound. I had it fixed and I had Never even Heard of such a thing happening let alone see it for myself, a axel from the junk yard was between $2,000 and $3,000 dollars so I had a friend of mine who is a welder by trade he fixed it cost me $600 and haven`t had a problem since. The $3,000 rear axel was with the locking rear end which I have in my Cruiser, so I just wanted to give you guys the Heads Up that you should watch out for, if you own a FJ Cruiser. Take Care Dudes, talk to yas soon. OzzyO ��

Last edited by OzzyO; 04-26-2020 at 09:40 PM. Reason: typos