Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ferrari > General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-31-2003, 01:01 PM   #1
Z28boy1991
AF Newbie

Ferraris really that special??

i love ferraris i think there wicked cool and all and there fast but r they worth it... I mean who really would spend 600,000 on a car if your rich or not? like there really high maintenance and they prob brake easier and are harder to find parts... there great sport cars but i dont think there really all that as people say...
Z28boy1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2003, 02:22 PM   #2
Guyanson_Mendiola
AF Enthusiast

Yes Ferrari's are worth it because the Ferrari manufacturer been around since a long time so it's one of the best Automobile manufacturer's in the world.
Guyanson_Mendiola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2004, 09:47 AM   #3
DesertCamel
AF Newbie

Thumbs up They are

A Viper costs $82,000, a BMW 760il is $120,000, whilst a Ferrari 360 sets you back $165,000 which is a lot of money for any car.

I have owned several 911’s including a 996 and 993 Twin Turbo – trust me both cars handle and accelerate better than my Maranello – but they just don’t have the same feeling. A Porsche 911 Turbo is cheaper, better built, faster, more reliable, less of a bastard when it comes to servicing and handles better – it simply is a better car - but there is something very special about driving a Ferrari –unexplainable and you can only feel it once you get yourself behind the wheels of one, shift the chunky and clunky gear box (don’t go for the F1 it’s killing the point of owing a Ferrari), listen to the engine and drive off.

The Ferrari is not a day-to-day car, it’s extremely unreliable but it’s wonderful and we love it for all its faults.

To answer your question – YES Ferrari’s are worth it !
DesertCamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2004, 12:00 PM   #4
YellowMaranello
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to YellowMaranello
Re: Ferraris really that special??

The love for Ferraris is really more of a passion thing then it is an economic or logical thing.
YellowMaranello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2004, 12:29 PM   #5
Big Block Bob
Banned

A Ferrari is just a way for rich people to throw money away fast...
Big Block Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2004, 02:45 PM   #6
moslerporschefreak
AF Enthusiast

Well, it really comes down to what matters to you. Is a house an abode or a home? Is your car transportation or entertainment. Depending on your answer, yes a ferrari is worth it, or no, like you said it's a way to waste money.

I would say it is wholly worth it. As you inferred in your first post about the Enzo, the Enzo is basically a track car. If I had the money, yes, I would buy an Enzo (maybe even midfy it some) and race the piss out of it on weekends.

What I dont like about ferrari is that you pay 30% for the name. But hey, there has to some sort of price of admission to ride.
moslerporschefreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2004, 08:26 PM   #7
Will308
AF Newbie

I have to agree with yellow maranello, it's a passion thing. I disagree with big block bob. After owing a '69 Chevelle 396 for 10 years, I dumped more money in it than my '81 308 GTBi which I have owned now for 15 years.( not counting the initial purchase price). I loved the Big block Chevelle. When I was a kid it, was my dream car. I spent many a weekend adjusting valves, fitting headers ,etc. It was a labor of love. I went to Italy with my parents one summer and that's when I saw my first Ferrari. The beautiful lines, and the sound of the engine , made quite an impression on me. I vowed to have one by my 30th birthday. The opportunity came in 1988, I had to refinance my home to afford this entry level Ferrari. So maybe I'm a poor guy who throws away money. But every time I get in,fire it up, and take a ride, it's a thrill.
I don't even play the radio while I'm driving. The sound of engine at 7,000 rpm, is music all by itself.

Are they worth the money? Drive one and decide for yourself. If you ask me, my answer is YES!
Will308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2004, 12:49 AM   #8
TexasF355F1
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to TexasF355F1
Re: Re: Ferraris really that special??

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowMaranello
The love for Ferraris is really more of a passion thing then it is an economic or logical thing.
I agree. I also have to say it has a lot to do with the entire history of Ferrari. Any true Ferrari and even Lamborghini afficionado see the cars as a work of art. Like a Rembrant or Picasso. It's not just a car and whoever says it is just doesn't get it.
Old 01-30-2004, 09:14 AM   #9
ForzaRossa
AF Newbie

Don't think you spent a lot of money just to buy a fast car. When you buy a Ferrari, you buy a lot more!
The legend...the spirit...the community...everything!

What other car brand has that?
Ow...and you can also be part of it when you buy a 308GT4 for 'only' 15.000 euros...