Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Lamborghini > General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-19-2003, 02:10 PM   #31
SuPeRcAr_MaN
AF Fanatic

At the auto show yesterday, they were selling Maistos for $25 and AutoArts for $60... I was gunna buy the Maisto, just because I would never pay more than $40 for a diecast, but it looked so pathetic next to the AutoArt. What should I do??!?!?!?!
SuPeRcAr_MaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2003, 02:29 PM   #32
TexasF355F1
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to TexasF355F1
Supercar, since you said you don't want to pay more than $40 for a die cast car, and you're not happy with the way Maisto's look, and AutoArt is too expensive, look at Hot Wheels, my friend has a Lime Green one and it is very nice, a lot nicer than Maisto in my opinion. I recommend you go here: http://www.1stopdiecast.com This is where I ordered my Enzo from for only $28.95(thats including shipping). They have a blue Murcielago for the same price, I am very pleased with this website, hope I could provide any sort of help at all.
TexasF355F1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2003, 03:54 PM   #33
SuPeRcAr_MaN
AF Fanatic

Smile Thanks

Thanks a lot Texas. Nice site, and that blue Murci with the yellow interior is crazy!!! :flash:
Old 01-19-2003, 03:55 PM   #34
SuPeRcAr_MaN
AF Fanatic

Question

That is the only Murci they have?!?!?!
Old 01-19-2003, 04:34 PM   #35
TexasF355F1
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to TexasF355F1
I konw Hot Wheels offers more colors than that, but I cannot seem to find them on that site, or the Hot Wheels site. I would look at exoticar.com for other color options. I also suggest emailing 1stopdiecast with any questions you have. They do email you back, sometimes within a few hours, but mainly by the next day. I didn't even notice the interior, that is sweet!!
TexasF355F1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2003, 07:03 PM   #36
SuPeRcAr_MaN
AF Fanatic

On www.exoticar.com, they only have the $50 AutoArt or a $25 model without a brand listed. I think it is a Maisto. I might go with that blue on on the site you gave me just because it is different. I will keep looking and if you find anything please let me know.
Old 01-19-2003, 07:33 PM   #37
SuPeRcAr_MaN
AF Fanatic

Welly?

I am looking at a ton of Murci die-casts. Can't find any other Hot Wheels, and nothing is comparing to the AutoArts. But there is a company called Welly. They are only $18, which makes me think they are crap, but I was just wondering if anyone knew anything.
Old 01-19-2003, 07:39 PM   #38
SuPeRcAr_MaN
AF Fanatic

I FOUND IT!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...3&category=224
I am most likely going to bid on this. I think I like this more than that blue one, and I can get it for cheaper. Let me know what you guys think.
Old 01-19-2003, 09:14 PM   #39
SuPeRcAr_MaN
AF Fanatic

MUAHAHAHA

Go to that link now and you will see that I won the green Hot Wheels 1:18 Murcielago for $18.50 + $9.95 S & H. I think I got a pretty good deal. I'll tell you guys when I get it and post some pics to show how good the Hot Wheels quality really is.
Old 01-20-2003, 05:35 AM   #40
lambocars
AF Enthusiast

Hello guys,

I've been collecting Lamborghini scale models for years now, I've got over 300 different models at the moment, ranging from the small 1/87th scale right up to two 1/10 RC models, a Diablo VT and a Countach, I'm not waiting for my Murcielago RSI kit to arrive, just for show, I don't race them, too much risk of damageing them.

Anyway, I've got the Maisto, Hotwheels, AutoArt and Bburago models in 1/18th from the Murcielago, and AutoArt is the best one, although their green is a little off to the original color, the Bburago and Hotwheels green are more correct, but the orange metallic and black from AutoArt are just awesome, take a photo in a decent way with a diorama and you could pass it on as the real thing.

Bburago is good, Lamborghini used it for their limited edition version that was available during the introduction, mounted on a leather base, Maisto is the worst of the pack, I've got the black one and the orange metallic one, the orange doesn't even cover the entire model, the corners still shine the metal bodywork through, pathetic really, Hotwheels isn't bad, at least the shoulder air intakes open and the rear wing is moveable.

Bburago is good, not too expensive and nice looking, too close to a toy when compared to AutoArt, but way less expensive and their silver/blue one is very nice.

Hope you find something about this interesting when looking for your next scale model.
lambocars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2003, 07:05 AM   #41
Menu dei Motori
Click here

Send a message via ICQ to Menu dei Motori Send a message via AIM to Menu dei Motori Send a message via MSN to Menu dei Motori
lambocars let me correct you

the introduction model from the geneva auto show 2002
was on a bright wood socket. i know it because i own one.
this is by far the best model i own.

yes i can also recommend the bbruago special edition series.
mostly they produce for ferrari and maserati.
but you won´t get any under 150$
Menu dei Motori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2003, 02:24 AM   #42
lambocars
AF Enthusiast

Hello,

perhaps on the Geneva Auto Show they used a wooden base, but at the introduction of the Murcielago in September 2001 at the factory in Sant'Agata you could obtain one of only 610 made models of the Murcielago (a yellow metallic one) on a leather base inside a special, all black box (no window like the normal Bburago models), I even had my model signed by both Luc DonckerWolcke and Sig. Greco

I've attached a photo of this model to the post ...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg murscale.jpg (96.0 KB, 159 views)
lambocars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2003, 03:27 AM   #43
Menu dei Motori
Click here

Send a message via ICQ to Menu dei Motori Send a message via AIM to Menu dei Motori Send a message via MSN to Menu dei Motori
hi

mine is limited of 1000 pieces or hm no 600

it´s the orange colour like tony has.
also no doors

but thanks i have seen that model quite often i always thaught of buying it
Menu dei Motori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2003, 11:24 PM   #44
Cabbie
AF Enthusiast

Hi!

I just got the silver one from Maisto (my fav color ). It seem pretty good compared to the Bbruago (not the limited edition one - I'm sure its top notch) Murci model. For example the rear lights on the Bbruago are decals while the Maisto is clear plastic. The wheels on the Masito ones seem to be better proportioned and quite accurate to the real thing. Etc.

The biggest flaw of the Maisto through is the terrible paint job. If you look close enough you can see some dings, uneven spots, unpainted areas and other minor imperfection. (E.g. the windows especially on the non black models) Too bad since for a 20 buck model itfs quite well made.

I heard a lot of great things about the Auto Art models though. (Thanks to this forum). So I ordered a AA black Murci with a BMP garage accessory kit (planning to set up a miniature garage scene with the Black Murci and the soon to be released AA Orange Diablo 6.0 :sun: ) Sigh - makes you wish you can afford the real thing :o

I do have a question, what do you guys use to polish and clean your models? I currently use Turtle Wax to give my models a real nice glow.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lambosilver3.jpg (20.3 KB, 135 views)
Cabbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2003, 11:27 PM   #45
Sean
AF Enthusiast

how much did that one cost you?

I'm sure that it'll be worth more for a resale since you got it signed by Luc DonckerWolcke and Sig. Greco. At least, any self respecting lambo fanatic would pay more for a signed one. I know I would.
Sean is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Lamborghini > General Discussion