Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Ranger | Courier
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-04-2005, 09:08 PM   #16
stuzman
AF Regular

Re: 88 2.9 runs really rich

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.P
I tried the test with the jumper wire and ohm meter. I didnt get anything, so I am assuming that the test wires are bad going into the ECU. I will check them tonight. THanks, I will let you know what I find
OP
I assume that you had set it to measure volts instead of ohms. Just saw that you said ohm meter and not voltmeter. If it was set for volts, then it could be a bad PCM since you can't read any codes at all and possibly the reason for the rich condition.
stuzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 09:51 AM   #17
bronconut
AF Newbie

Tested the TPS and it was 1.0 and 3.9 ohms. I bought a new one and got similar results 1.1 and 4.2. No dead spots. I relaced it anyway and still getting lots of black soot out the tailpipe. I think I am going to hit the return line and see what I can find.
bronconut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 12:52 PM   #18
rangerdangerxlt
AF Newbie

Re: 88 2.9 runs really rich

i myself have a 1989 ford ranger xlt, it had a previous bad problem of shaking at idle which was caused by second and third cylinder ignition wires to be swapped around, so I changed those two to the proper way and it got rid of the shake, but now it is running rich and note that before with the bad shake it wasn't running rich at all. im not too sure if its just the motor running out all the old gunk and finally being able to fire in proper order but anything I should check out first ie. o2 sensor, stuck injector, I justr replaced the fuel filter when I pulled the old one the fuel came out orange which would be cause of rust so with that being said I assume some rust got the injectors and is causing to be stuck open, but I cant say for sure, any insight would be wonderful
rangerdangerxlt is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Ranger | Courier