Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > GMC > Savana
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-26-2009, 05:44 PM   #1
automps
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to automps Send a message via Yahoo to automps
Unhappy 1999 Gmc Savana fuel gauge ? Problem

Runs empty most of the time . Checked wiring , Installed new pump module still have gauge at a 1/4 tank ? I have a snap on scanner it shows 58 % full , Iam thinking the gauge is bad ! Test drove van after the new pump was installed , shut the engine off and started it back up and the gauge started working showing a little over 1/2 tank > Any ideals would be nice !
automps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 08:18 AM   #2
mad max
AF Newbie

Re: 1999 Gmc Savana fuel gauge ? Problem

FWIW, my old Chevrolet van kept stalling and the fuel pump was suspected, and changed by dropping the tank, twice(!), before I finally got real pissed again off after causing a major traffic jam when it died in the high speed lane in rush hour. Had my helper crawl under and wiggle the wiring connections under the transmission until HE found the problem: There is a 3 foot piece of wiring harness that disconnects for transmission removal, and it has connectors on each end. It feeds the fuel pump and sending unit which are, BOTH, INSIDE the gas tank. Had him cut the connectors off and wire nut them with rubber tape - never had another problem! Could be you have a similar problem with the connectors?
mad max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 07:05 AM   #3
automps
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to automps Send a message via Yahoo to automps
Talking Re: 1999 Gmc Savana fuel gauge ? Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad max View Post
FWIW, my old Chevrolet van kept stalling and the fuel pump was suspected, and changed by dropping the tank, twice(!), before I finally got real pissed again off after causing a major traffic jam when it died in the high speed lane in rush hour. Had my helper crawl under and wiggle the wiring connections under the transmission until HE found the problem: There is a 3 foot piece of wiring harness that disconnects for transmission removal, and it has connectors on each end. It feeds the fuel pump and sending unit which are, BOTH, INSIDE the gas tank. Had him cut the connectors off and wire nut them with rubber tape - never had another problem! Could be you have a similar problem with the connectors?
Thanks Max ,I was looking at that plug too. Going to cut it out and solder the wires THANKS>>>>>>>>>>>>
automps is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > GMC > Savana