Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical
Engineering/Technical Ask technical questions about cars. Do you know how a car engine works?
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-02-2002, 01:42 PM   #1
DRCustom
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to DRCustom
Exclamation !URGENT! Installing CLUTCH, Need Specifications and Info By 4pm!

I have an '89 CRX si, and myself and a friend will be installing a 90-newer clutch/flywheel. I need to know any and all pertinent specifications, stuff like torque numbers, etc. Any tips and tricks about this specific install would be helpfull also.
Thanks in advance!
DRCustom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2002, 02:09 PM   #2
1320B4U
AF Enthusiast

Ever hear of a manual? You can pick one up at an auto store or the public library, its not like you have a Ferrari.
1320B4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2002, 09:40 PM   #3
MyFirst4G
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to MyFirst4G
chill out 1320, maybe if he wanted to get a manual, he'd probably go out and get one. but since he asked the board, its probably because he does not want to go out and purchase it. So, if you have nothing nice to say, please, dont say it.

90 Si Hatch Wreck'd :

Done parting out.. Shell is going to fire dept soon to get roof chopped off for some kind of drill.. wait for the movie!!

96 Saturn SL2:
Daily Driver untill 91DX is running!

91 DX Hatch:
Its gonna be Painted CL Type S Grey w/ WW RS kit from 90 Si and JDM CRX front end conversion... Powered by a Turbo'd GSR Motor..... Loot is on the way!!

Official 4th Gen OG
Hype Race Crew
MyFirst4G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2002, 11:46 PM   #4
1320B4U
AF Enthusiast

So let me get this. Someone is going to explain step-by-step on how to install a clutch and flywheel to someone who has probably never installed one (thus the question). Its not quite as simple as throwing on a cold air intake or brake pads. You pretty much need a book unless you've done it before.
1320B4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2002, 11:59 PM   #5
DRCustom
AF Enthusiast

Thanks for the back MyFirst4G.

I can't take hardly any credit for replacing this. A freind of mine who owns a '91 AWD turbo really made it all possible, it's nice to know that all DSM owners are not the same. I was just asking for a little advice, I guess next time I'll have to specify that I'm only lookig for advice from someone who actually knows.

It has all been installed (+/- minus 4.5 hours), and I did have a haynes manual which I couldn't find(so I didn't want to buy another one), but I found it before I started.

I should have included, that I have an aluminum fidanza flywheel, and an exedy race clutch. I wasn't sure if that would change anything, but I found all the needed info, and all is well.
Old 08-03-2002, 12:02 AM   #6
MyFirst4G
AF Enthusiast

Thats a real nice flywheel, and i have the Exedy Clutch as well, its SWEET!!! i installed it myself, and it wasnt that hard, and it was my first time, since i did it alone, it took like 6 hrs. but oh well, well, have fun with ur new clutch and flywheel! Later!

90 Si Hatch Wreck'd :

Done parting out.. Shell is going to fire dept soon to get roof chopped off for some kind of drill.. wait for the movie!!

96 Saturn SL2:

91 DX Hatch:
Its gonna be Painted CL Type S Grey w/ WW RS kit from 90 Si and JDM CRX front end conversion... Powered by a Turbo'd GSR Motor..... Loot is on the way!!

Official 4th Gen OG
Hype Race Crew
Old 08-04-2002, 02:33 AM   #7
Tofuboy
AF Regular

DRcustom--just wondering, did you get your exedy racing clutch from an ebay auction that is only sellling the 4 puck clutch disc?

The fastest driver is the one with skills

95 Civic EX
83 Toyota Starlet
07 Ducati Monster S4RS
Tofuboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2002, 12:13 PM   #8
MyFirst4G
AF Enthusiast

Hey, I got my clutch for 259 Shipped, from www.coximport.com and they have very speedy delivery and great customer service, call them up, ask for Rick and tell them that Ali Baqueri reffered you!

90 Si Hatch Wreck'd :

96 Saturn SL2:

91 DX Hatch:

Official 4th Gen OG
Hype Race Crew
Old 08-15-2002, 01:33 PM   #9
DRCustom
AF Enthusiast

Nope, got it from clutch city online ,full kit for almost 310 shipped overnight, it's the full faced organic disk. I called around 6pm, and it was at my door around 1pm the next day. Because it was so late, the guy had to drop it off on the way home...that's awesome service. It would have been 259 shipped, by ground, but I needed it right away.

I love the clutch, and flywheel. But I had a blowout and spunout and wrecked. I think everything will be repairable though, insurance will check it out in the next couple days, I hope it's covered.
Old 08-15-2002, 09:08 PM   #10
MyFirst4G
AF Enthusiast

Damn man, i hope they can fix your car, and tell the insurance company that you had all kinds of stuff on your car and they will give you like MADD money, my cuz did that, he put on a cheap tip and said it was a Greddy exhaust on his 300ZX!! thats a dual exhaust that costs like 1000 bucks! Well, do shit like that and try and get madd money from them! Well, good luck and drive safe! yea, right........

90 Si Hatch Wreck'd :

96 Saturn SL2:

91 DX Hatch:

Official 4th Gen OG
Hype Race Crew