Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Taurus | Taurus Wagon
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-19-2021, 07:11 PM   #1
CrapaTaurusWrecks
AF Newbie

Any Taurus wagon fanatics out there?

I know we are few-and-far-between, but we are a loyal group. I've owned a dozen Touri' over the years and half of them were wagons. Unfortunately, there are currently no bulls in my pen. I once thought I would always drive a Taurus wagon and had lofty plans to keep a late model, low mileage, garage queen to preserve for future generations to marvel at (please hold the laughter)
To make a long story short, I still have my prized, new-in-box, factory-Ford rooftop cargo carrier that was sure to help me take home the 'Best-in-Show' trophy at the old car show on 2054.
If you have or know of someone who has a pristine Taurus wagon that intends to keep it long term, let me know. I'm ready to pass on this extremely rare and at one time, highly over priced factory option.

Taurus GLenn
CrapaTaurusWrecks is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CrapaTaurusWrecks For This Useful Post:
lhnlhn (11-29-2021)
Old 08-10-2021, 11:35 PM   #2
TaurusKing1
AF Newbie

Re: Any Taurus wagon fanatics out there?

Resurrecting an old one here. We've had three wagons, my 87 MT5, 94 LX 3.0 Vulcan and our 99 SE Duratec. 87 was a trouper for 17 years, until it returned to the earth. A victim of the northeast climate. At the end, everything still worked. Had the original clutch still. Same with the 94, it lasted about 18 years, another overall excellent car. Don't get me wrong these Taurus had their issues, but overall They treated us pretty good. June 2020 or so I was driving our 99 and fell victim to a someone who breezed through an intersection, I used evasive maneuvers, thought I had snuck through but got tagged in the right rear spinning me 360 around. Blew out the rear tires, destroyed the rear end, knocking it way out. Luckily no one was hurt. Other's ins co totaled it out, I got like 3500 for it, way more then book. Adjuster said it was obvious the car was well maintained and taken care of. It was my wife's favorite car of all time. I also still have a rooftop bag, brown naugahyde I believe, weather resistant. Very nice, it is a Ford accessory I bought for my 87 wagon. Used a few times, I have it stored in the cellar. it may work on our 2017 Escape with roof racks. Used to post under TaurusKing, but couldn't get that going, re-signed up with the added "1". No more Taurus, now more into Fusions, I have a 2010 SEL loaded I bought new down in the Carolinas. Picked up a 2010 Hybrid fusion one owner last fall, it is an awesome car, fully loaded also. I remember when I was looking at the new 2010's, the salesman told me about the new Fusion Hybrid, wondered if I might be interested. Told him no, new tech, didn't want to chance it. The old if I knew then what I know now, I would have bought it. They are so good, this one is averaging in the mid to high 40's depending. Thinking of maybe looking at late model used Energi plug in maybe if prices come down, way too high right now. Of course we have our Escape to pull a small trailer or two. Plus it's great in the snow.
TaurusKing1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2021, 11:19 PM   #3
CrapaTaurusWrecks
AF Newbie

Honda has made me a noob. I don't work on my cars too often anymore, but I want to let anyone interested in this car top carrier to know that it can be yours for just about a song. By a song I mean send a picture of your sick wagon. There has to be one!
CrapaTaurusWrecks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2022, 08:53 AM   #4
jb206wa
AF Newbie

I decided to invest in mine since wagons for the common man are no longer sold in the sUvSA.
All new suspension, wheels & tires, steering rack & pump, cooling system, catalytic converters, and 2-din navigation system. I am almost ready to install the remanufactured engine. Just waiting on the water pump mounting studs.
A month ago just before I removed the engine.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/pfVTjAoAa5nzHJY66
https://photos.app.goo.gl/bKMk9cAWTuoQE41m8
https://photos.app.goo.gl/NawZMdBexzSrMAc5A
A month ago just after I removed the engine.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/9nDVLLq4knKFUris8
Yesterday after I cleaned the engine bay, transmission, and subframe.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/DvUNKVYVmXBAipQz7
jb206wa is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Taurus | Taurus Wagon