Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Isuzu > Rodeo | Passport | MU
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-18-2012, 10:08 PM   #1
tomhrhr
AF Newbie

2001 Rodeo fuel leak?

I have a 2001 4x4 Rodeo that has leaked fuel twice after sitting for over a week. It seems to leak from the fuel line above the fuel filter, but only leaks if I don’t drive it for a week….I can’t tell where the leak comes from…just above the fuel filter under the drive side door… the leak stops after a while….any suggestions?
tomhrhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 12:10 PM   #2
Cat Fuzz
AF Enthusiast

Re: 2001 Rodeo fuel leak?

It has to be one of the fuel lines. There is a supply line and a return line. There's nothing else there that can leak fuel.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cat Fuzz For This Useful Post:
tomhrhr (09-19-2012)
Old 06-11-2014, 04:58 PM   #3
arkangel1975
AF Newbie

Re: 2001 Rodeo fuel leak?

I have a 2001 Honda passport, which is effectively Isuzu Rodeo (the sticker inside the door says Isuzu.)

I had the same fuel leak as well, the fuel send and return lines run under the drivers seat. Mostly the line is metal, except at a few points which I believe were some sort of strain relief where the rails are connected by about 3 inches of rubber hose.
The weird thing is that the rubber get cracks and spray on the transaxle vaporizing immediately making it a pain to find.

There are a total of 4 of these points all "conveniently" located above the fuel tank. I was able to replace one by putting the car on blocks lowering the fuel tank about 2 inches with a board and a jack and reaching it, it took the better part of the day. I just had to get another replaced and the mechanic put it on the lift and swapped it and it cost me $38 for that.

Start there, I also found a leak near the fuel regulator at the back of the fuel rail.
arkangel1975 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Isuzu > Rodeo | Passport | MU