Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Suzuki > XL-7
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-27-2007, 06:37 PM   #1
vipergg
AF Enthusiast

2007 Xl7

Anyone have any experience with these or have driven one ? How is the new engine ? How is Suzuki's quality in general as compared to say any of the big 3 automakers ? Are they as good , do you have more or less problems ? Debating on the new XL7 , I know you shouldn't probably buy in the first year but they are made on the same line as the Chevy Equinox and Pontiac Torrent which have been around a few years now .
vipergg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 12:42 PM   #2
lowsonoma1999
Authorized Vendor

Send a message via AIM to lowsonoma1999
Re: 2007 Xl7

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipergg
Anyone have any experience with these or have driven one ? How is the new engine ? How is Suzuki's quality in general as compared to say any of the big 3 automakers ? Are they as good , do you have more or less problems ? Debating on the new XL7 , I know you shouldn't probably buy in the first year but they are made on the same line as the Chevy Equinox and Pontiac Torrent which have been around a few years now .
I am driving one as a demo right now. Has the platinum package with the chrome wheels and navigation and all that. I really do like it, especially compared to the previous model. The engine in it is a Cadillac CTS motor, but made by Suzuki in Japan. Final assembly in Canada. So, the motor is more powerfull than anything offered in the GM versions. It is also 5" longer than the Equinox. So far, I like it. It's very comfortable, rides smooth, has plenty of power. I'm getting about 20mpg in it with about a 50/50 mix of city and highway, but I've also been using the remote starter because it's been cold here. I imagine it'll go up a couple when it's warmer out. Turning radius isn't all that great, but it is a longer vehicle. However, my wife's GMC Envoy turns sharper than the XL7 does. Interior is nice and comfortable, but it could use more storage. Nothing overhead to store sunglasses is my biggest complaint on that. Cup holders are a little small, and have trouble holding king size cups from Burger King. Last but not least, my Suzuki rep says they require synthetic oil. There is nothing mentioned in the owners manual, or at least that I could find yet, but that's what I'm being told.
17665 Terry Lee Crossing
Noblesville, IN 46060
lowsonoma1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 07:24 PM   #3
vipergg
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowsonoma1999
I am driving one as a demo right now. Has the platinum package with the chrome wheels and navigation and all that. I really do like it, especially compared to the previous model. The engine in it is a Cadillac CTS motor, but made by Suzuki in Japan. Final assembly in Canada. So, the motor is more powerfull than anything offered in the GM versions. It is also 5" longer than the Equinox. So far, I like it. It's very comfortable, rides smooth, has plenty of power. I'm getting about 20mpg in it with about a 50/50 mix of city and highway, but I've also been using the remote starter because it's been cold here. I imagine it'll go up a couple when it's warmer out. Turning radius isn't all that great, but it is a longer vehicle. However, my wife's GMC Envoy turns sharper than the XL7 does. Interior is nice and comfortable, but it could use more storage. Nothing overhead to store sunglasses is my biggest complaint on that. Cup holders are a little small, and have trouble holding king size cups from Burger King. Last but not least, my Suzuki rep says they require synthetic oil. There is nothing mentioned in the owners manual, or at least that I could find yet, but that's what I'm being told.
Hard to believe they would make an engine that you had to have synthetic oil in . I looked at the new GMC Acadia with that same engine but they want want almost $10000 more for the vehicle . GM's version of the engine gets about 25 HP more but it certainly isn't worth 10 grand.
vipergg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 04:20 PM   #4
lowsonoma1999
Authorized Vendor

Send a message via AIM to lowsonoma1999

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipergg
Hard to believe they would make an engine that you had to have synthetic oil in . I looked at the new GMC Acadia with that same engine but they want want almost $10000 more for the vehicle . GM's version of the engine gets about 25 HP more but it certainly isn't worth 10 grand.
Didn't realize the Acadia was the same platform. The XL7 I'm driving now, is FWD, with the Platinum pkg and XM radio, stickers at just under $31k. Has the navigation, chrome wheels, etc. There are some nice options on the Acadia I was just looking at. Acadia also has a 6spd transmission, where the XL7 is 5. As far as synthetic being required, there are a lot of cars out there that require it. It doesn't surprise me being that it's a cadillac based motor that it would require it, but I have yet to find it in writing anywhere.
17665 Terry Lee Crossing
Noblesville, IN 46060
lowsonoma1999 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Suzuki > XL-7