Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Daihatsu > Charade
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-30-2004, 05:25 AM   #1
993cc Man
AF Regular

Charade GTti

OK to avoid answering to my own thread I had to start a new one! Apparently nobody cares about Daihatsu

...or it's just that automotiveforums is 99% frequented by americans where Daihatsu is completely unknown.

I'm the owner of a 1994 Charade GTti (one of the last made). This car has 101 PS form just 993cc to move just 810 kg which makes for a weight/power ratio of 8.0. This is almost identical with my Audi A3 1.8T/150 which is 7.8! My car is in fine order and one of the few left with absolutely no mods. I find it more interesting than modifying trying to keep a car exactly as it left the factory 10 years on. Here in Europe this model is very well known. Respected british mags Autocar and Evo have it on their lists as one of the all-time great hot-hatches. I know that it was also imported in Australia and New Zealand and there are fans there too. This coming week I plan on taking it on a trackday.
Well thats it, I'm outta here for good.........

PS. Someone had the idea of starting a Daihatsu section but it seems even the moderators don't really care about this section. I mean... 2 Daihatsu YRV forums??? Anyway I hope this all changes soon....

Last edited by 993cc Man; 10-31-2004 at 11:32 AM.
993cc Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2004, 09:44 PM   #2
SamBlob
AF Enthusiast

Re: Charade GTti

I noticed the two YRV forums and have started to use one of them as an Applause forum, 'coz I own an Applause. Both posts in that one were posted by me.

BTW, my sister owns a '92 Charade. 1.0 L normally aspirated automatic. Sometimes I wonder what it'd go like if I put my 1.6 L manual Applause drivetrain in it. I also wonder if it would fit...
SamBlob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 05:03 PM   #3
97integrals
AF Regular

daihatsu
97integrals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2005, 06:36 PM   #4
xjoeharperx
AF Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to xjoeharperx
Re: Charade GTti

I had a 92 Charade with the 1.3 L 4 cyl...after a few modifications it was unbeatable on the autocross course...It was one of those cars that i whish I had kept...A real sleeper!!
SamBob the 1.6 will not fit into the cavity of the charade...besides..the 1.3 16 valve had more power than the 8valve 1.6L

If you want to make it more powerful, shave .030 off of the head and move the timing up 6 degrees. put a eal exhaust system on and you should see a 30 hp gain..doent sound like a lot but dont forget the car only weighs 1300 lbs...
xjoeharperx is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Daihatsu > Charade