Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Pagani > Zonda
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-26-2003, 02:42 PM   #1
justinbiz116
AF Newbie

things i would change on the zonda

ok hey i am new to this site and i am a huge car fanatic and also i like the zonda very much.

1- the rims gotta go. i would put andrewf racing veilside rims. the rear wheel should be 20 in. and the front wheel should be 19in.

2- there should be an airbag suspension. for those who dont know what that is, you can change the ride height of you car by the press of a button

3- speaking about ride height the car should be an inch lower or so. the lower it is the more exotic it looks and the more aerodynamic.

4- the calipers should be painted bright red.

5-the aero mirros should definitely be redone. it just donsent look like it belongs there. i would like to see one moer dynamic and go with the curves of the car.

6-there should be a navagation system in the car if there isnt one in there already with a 6 inch screen.

7-i would like to see cool features like parktronic and otheres.

8- i would also love to see the clutch in 2 places the floor and mabye either on the stick shift or the sterring wheel.

9- it should have xenon lights if it dosent havethat already.

10-the seats should be multi functioning seats with 16-way power and lumbar support.

but anyway i still love this car all around this is just a couple of luxurious things and sporty things that can be dont to enhance its image. ok tell me what you think:finger: :bandit: :bandit:
Old 02-26-2003, 03:42 PM   #2
TexasF355F1
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to TexasF355F1
Ummmm.....airbags? 16 way power seats? lower ride height?
This is a supercar not a luxary sports sedan or sport truck. Airbags are cool, I love 'em but only on trucks. Plus the airbags would add unnecessary weight and probably couldn't handle the power and stress put on them. The crazy adjustable seats would only add weight slowing the car down. If the car were any lower it would probably be illegal to drive and you would get stuck left and right. You have to remember this is a supercar, meant to be driven hard(i.e. you need a very strong rigid suspension for good handling and control.) The big wheels would be cool but on exotic cars its hard to beat the factory look.
TexasF355F1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2003, 04:38 PM   #3
justinbiz116
AF Newbie

any way i forgot to mention to increase the horse power. when you add a little bit of weight and boost up the horses the car will be fast. the new ferrari enzo is pumping out 660 hp . zonda should either match that or beat it.
Old 02-28-2003, 07:42 AM   #4
RWB
AF Newbie

No need

I agree that the rims should look better, but big wheels would screw up the very highly praised handling. For good wheels look at those on the murcielago targa. Dropping the ride height would have the same effect. I dont think adjustable seats are neccesary as when you buy a Zonda the cabin is bespoke.
On a different note, Pagani should take a picture of the Zonda when it is back-firing, the four firey plumes would look awesome.:smoker:
RWB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2003, 10:37 AM   #5
Adam
AF Enthusiast

Really? I love those rims. They are some of my favorites.

The only thing I'd change is kinda a big thing I guess. That rear end doesn't fit in with the rest. It isn't svelte or anything, it's just monstrous and looks like it belongs to some concept car or something. An easy fix-- just fix the droopyness (largely caused by the light position)
Old 02-28-2003, 01:28 PM   #6
justinbiz116
AF Newbie

veilside rims

check out these rims picture them on the zonda and really deap dish . they will look so much hotter then ones on the zonda already.
http://www.veilside.com/veilsideusa/...at.htm:bandit:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg andrewf.jpg (21.4 KB, 364 views)
Old 03-18-2003, 11:07 AM   #7
jsb88
AF Enthusiast

The Zonda has many of the things in that list.

1. Rims - no other option
2. Too large to fit into the design, there is no free space.
3. It is low anyway, but I suppose it could work, if you could get over bumps.
4. The car is tailored to your desire. you want red calipers, you get them.
5. These could be changed, but would effect the overall front of the car to look truly aerodynamic and stylish with the rest of the design.
6 & 7. The radio pops out and flips upwards to reveal such features.
8. Interesting.
9. I think it does have Xenon headlamps.
10. Way too heavy for the car. I think there is some electrical adjusting, but not to that extent.

:smoker2: Just my view.
jsb88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2003, 02:58 PM   #8
flylwsi
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to flylwsi
big rims aren't necessary...

you sound like you dig the bling bling thing..

if it was in a busta rhymes vid, i'd expect 20s.

it doesn't need 600 hp, it should already be fast enough...

power seats are heavy.

clutch in two places?

maybe you're talking about something without a clutch, sequential style...
flylwsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2003, 03:55 AM   #9
raven1822
AF Enthusiast

You have to remember 20 in rims are not the optimal size for all around handling. That is why most true sports/exotics general go with 18in standards. Think of it this way how many cars to you see in the American Leman series running 20" rims

I am sure than I could fine something to complain about on any car, but even the thought of owning something like a Zonda would leave me 1000% satisfied.

On the topic of power, the car does not really need anymore than it has. It was nearly 700lbs less than a Murci and is less (I am not sure how much) than and Enzo. It will be as fast if not faster. Furthermore, if you ultimately crave more power and have the money for this car, I am sure Senior Pagani can help you. Remember this car has a very mildly tuned 7.3L V12 that is certainly capable of much, much more power. This is the same engined used in the newest CLK GTR supersport (the Red one) that is rated at 720bhp I believe.
raven1822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2003, 01:37 PM   #10
edonis
AF Enthusiast

If you want a comfy luxurious cruiser, buy a Mercedes Benz CL or so, but if you want a true sportscar like the Zonda, you don't need 16-way electrical seats and other luxurious items. I'd rather not have them, and instead have tight racing seats..!
edonis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2003, 10:58 PM   #11
speedblst
AF Newbie

ahhhhh!!!

ahhh, please help this person. haulf this stuff is posible but why would one bother?? you cant bag any supercar! That would be stupid and the suspension is already perfect on most supercars. any body can drop a new sterio in a car, even a zonda. the wheels could be better, but you couldent change the size, no room! and come on the mirrors are fine. Ime sure the seats are pleanty comfey as they are, not that it matters! I dont know what you were trying to get at with the clutch thing. now come on is any of the stuff you mentioned realy necisary? I garente you the car is darn close to perfect as is!!
speedblst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2003, 11:42 AM   #12
adamsacura
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to adamsacura
The only thing I agree with are the mirrors and the clutch....otherwise the car is PERFECT!!! Better then any and every car out there...

Other comparable cars are:
TVR Speed 12
Ferrari Enzo
McClaren F1
Mercedes CLK-GTR
adamsacura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2003, 12:07 PM   #13
jsb88
AF Enthusiast

TVR Speed 12
Ferrari Enzo
McClaren F1
Mercedes CLK-GTR
Koenigsegg CC 8s
Bugatti EB110
Bugatti 16/4 Veyron
Jaguar XJ220
Lamborghini Murcielago R-GT (If converted for roads)

theres gotta b more!?
Old 10-09-2003, 08:48 AM   #14
adamsacura
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to adamsacura
Spyker (maybe) ...the dutch made supercar...
Saleen S7 (maybe)
Oldsmobile Aerotech (278 MPH topspeed)
Toyota Supra (JUST KIDDING)
adamsacura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2003, 10:14 AM   #15
jsb88
AF Enthusiast

oh yes... there has to be more... I fogot about saleen when I last posted, and realised. urghhh...

Edonis!