Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Renault > Clio/Clio II/Clio III
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-14-2009, 07:38 AM   #1
stuuuu
AF Newbie

Send a message via MSN to stuuuu
Toxic Fume Indicator still ON!!

Hi,

I have a 2002 clio 1.2 16v expression, and i currently have the toxic fume indicator on.

I have a code reader, which reads - "p0130 - o2 sensor circuit malfunction, bank 1, sensor 1"

The sensor is constantly on, and when i sit at a junction and the car idles its like being on a boat in choppy weather.....! its so jerky!!

So i decided to change both sensors, because ive been told that if you change 1, then the other will go soon after, so i got 2 off ebay, used from a 1.2 clio with very low milage, and they had been tested and passed.

So i got home last night, after 3 hours of getting the solid old ones off and replacing them with the other one. i started the engine, and the light had gone off!! i thought GREAT!!

Sooo, after that i went to pick up my gf from work - 10 mile drive.. the light stayed off, and it did not jerk once.. so i was happy.

I got in it this morning to go to work.. and the light comes on again, and my code reader is still reading "p0130 - o2 sensor circuit malfunction, bank 1, sensor 1".

Does anyone think something else needs changing or i brought duff sensors?

Thanks in advance

ALSO:: I have now gave it a full service: New Spark Plugs, New Oil, New Oil Filter, New Air Filter, And Cabin Filter.

AND IT STILL IDLES ERRATICALLY!!

So after reserching on the internet. i read that the coil pack & leads maybe that problem. because maybe un-burnt fuel maybe entering the CAT and sending a signal to the ECU telling it that there is toxic fumes.

So i decided to change the Coil pack & leads. i replaced the with brand new ones. got into the car, started it, the light went off and NO SHAKING!!

But now after 24hours, the light is back on and its shaking erratically again??

anyone got any info or advice the will sort it out..?

Last edited by stuuuu; 07-17-2009 at 11:29 AM. Reason: new information
stuuuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 03:46 AM   #2
jtplawton
AF Newbie

Re: Toxic Fume Indicator still ON!!

Hi,

I would check your coils, as it could be a coil misfire,

I have had two new coils on my Clio. the fume indicator light came on and after a coil replacement it was perfect.

Hope this helps
jtplawton is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Tags
jerky , light , sensor
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Renault > Clio/Clio II/Clio III