Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mazda > 323/Protegé/Familia/Etude/Allegro
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-08-2009, 05:06 PM   #1
Malichi78
AF Newbie

Question 96 Protege really loud!

Ok....I have this 96 protege that has no acceleration in 1st or 2nd gear. When you are going in any gear it sputters in mid cruise (any speed) and sounds like an ultimate rice burner all the time. I don't know much about cars but I do know it has a catalytic converter and a resonater.... don't know if that is the problem or if i should look elsewhere. Any ideas would be appreciated!
Malichi78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 10:00 AM   #2
oscar89
AF Newbie

Re: 96 Protege really loud!

It sound that is simply out of maintnece. Do a tune up and you should see an impruvement. Also it sound like a ricer because of the resonator. If you wish to elimate it you'll need to install a muffler. But that is not something you can do be your self unless you have a welding machine.
oscar89 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Tags
acceleration , catalytic , converter , mazda , misfires
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mazda > 323/Protegé/Familia/Etude/Allegro