Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Avalanche | C&K | Silverado | Suburban | Tahoe > Tahoe
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-14-2010, 10:36 AM   #1
ediesel_b13
AF Newbie

Lightbulb 2000 Tahoe LT Fuel Pump, Cats and Door Actuator

Hey all, I just wanted to share a little experience from me and my 'Hoe. I bought her and she quickly needed a fuel pump and cats. I went with GM on the fuel pump from gmpartsdirect dot com and Magnaflow direct bolt ins for the cats at summitracing dot com. Its very important to at least call your local GM/Chevy with VIN and get the correct part numbers you need, then order off site. I had initially ordered the fuel pump only to realize it was wayyy taller than i needed and belonged to the Silverado family...DOH ..now another $300 plus for another FP, that was nonreturnable special ordered. Magnaflow went in without a hiccup as I ordered the 2 gaskets associated with installation. THERE ARE TWO DIFFERENT ONES, one is flat and round and the other looks like a donut...get these beforehand, you need both types.
Now on to the door lock actuator drivers side.....got one from Carquest, appeared like the one I needed from peerin into the door, took the old part off and you guessed it...wrong one...mine needs the solenoid attached with it...back to research it again, called chevy, crossed VIN and gave me the $198 price...lol..yea right, im not payin that, just called rightnowautoparts dot com and got it coming next day, almost half price and right part now. Sorry about the long post but this is my experience so far..i can turn a screwdriver and wrench so labor is sweat equity....

here are the part numbers I used for the 2000 Tahoe LT 4wd 5.3L T-Vin

* Fuel Pump - either (Delphi) FG0324 or (GM) 19153713 $300ish shipped
* Catalytic Converter (Magnaflow) 93419 $433ish
* Cat Gaskets (FEL-PRO) 61074 (flat one) AND 61089 (donut one) $few bucks***replaces 15715548 and 15035747 respectfully***
* Driver Door Lock Actuator with solenoid GM (ACD) 16637321 $110ish

I hope this helps some for quick references, I see alot of valuable information on here but limited to specifying actual part numbers. Oh, here is a picture of the door lock mine actually uses... thanks for allowing me to post.
ediesel_b13 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Tags
actuator , cat , catalytic , fuel , pump
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Avalanche | C&K | Silverado | Suburban | Tahoe > Tahoe