Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Audio
Car Audio Do you live in your car? Then you need to be able to listen to some high-quality music.
View Poll Results: What is the Best Car Audio Brand?
Alpine 51 30.36%
Kenwood 18 10.71%
Clarion 11 6.55%
Fusion 1 0.60%
Sony Xplod 9 5.36%
VDO Daytona 1 0.60%
Panasonic 3 1.79%
Super Sound! 0 0%
Avalanche 1 0.60%
Other (please post) 73 43.45%
Voters: 168. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-13-2005, 11:55 PM   #61
ngsm13
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to ngsm13
Re: Re: Your Car Audio System

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponchonutty
You sure? I was told that humans can't be inside a closed chamber @ 165db or higher. Bascially it will make your nuts implode.
100% Positive, I'm going back down to Scottie's this weekend. I'll try and see if his friend still has the video! It all depends on the FREQUENCY fellas...

Scottie burps @51hz, and it was 170.2dB's on the TermLab sensor.

NG
ngsm13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 11:59 PM   #62
ngsm13
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBFryman
RE Comps
"rampage" flea market 8" woofer sealed...
"rampage" fleam market 300w amp.

Report cards are here friday...3 'A's and 3 'B's...well and a C on my latin internet class....hopefully my rents will give me some cash... if my dad sticks to his word because i took on such clases and a shit load of sports i should be getting $150. putting me a measly $100 away form my XXX18...
Eh...

Wish I was a little punk who got paid for grades, I woulda been rich. Straight A's all through highschool, Graduated Valedictorian of my class with a 4.55 GPA. Was a National Merit Commended Scholar, and got a 35 on my ACT. I coulda been rich...

NG
Old 04-14-2005, 08:06 AM   #63
bumpinstang77
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to bumpinstang77
Re: Your Car Audio System

Noah is teh nerd! and yea poncho..... bass won't hurt people at any level. Nick Wright has sat in a 175db car.
2 Ascendant Audio Avalanche 18's
13 cuft NET ported box tuned to 27hz
Autotek Mean Machine MX3000.1
Ascendant Audio Arco component set
Orion 275SX (Mids)
PPI Art Series A200 (tweets)
Poly Mids for rear fill to come soon.
bumpinstang77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 08:35 AM   #64
ngsm13
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumpinstang77
Noah is teh nerd! and yea poncho..... bass won't hurt people at any level. Nick Wright has sat in a 175db car.
Tis true, tis true...

NG
Old 04-14-2005, 02:38 PM   #65
balls_to_the_wall
AF Enthusiast

35 on your ACT's....you one smart man, (although I thought you were smart before), hell i was happy with my 26, although I despise tests.....And im happy wiht my 3.87 GPA (out of 4.0) though highschool........
balls_to_the_wall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 03:18 PM   #66
CBFryman
Banned

Send a message via AIM to CBFryman Send a message via Yahoo to CBFryman

hmmm,but did you take chem honors your sophomore year and geometry honors along with cross country, soccer, track, work, and clubs?
CBFryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 07:50 PM   #67
balls_to_the_wall
AF Enthusiast

Smart bastards
Old 04-14-2005, 09:23 PM   #68
sr20de4evr
AF Enthusiast

geometry, hahaha what a blowoff class....jesus I took that in like 7th grade, that class is nothing to be proud of, lol.

I only took the ACT once and scored a 33 which was fine for me, once you get into college the SAT, ACT, highschool gpa, etc is 100% meaningless.

'05 Silver WRX STi
Injen SES Downpipe, HKS Carbon-Ti catback, Cobb Stage 2 Tune, TiC Super Shifter, TiC Klunk Killer, Tein springs, Nitto NT555R Drag Radials
sr20de4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 09:35 PM   #69
balls_to_the_wall
AF Enthusiast

course your an electricial engineer, anyone in engineering has to be somewhat smart....Calc 1,2,&3, Engineering physics 1&2, differential equations, matrix theory, kinda weed out the idiots

(course im gonna be majoring in EE next year when im at Kansas State University)
Old 04-14-2005, 09:54 PM   #70
Diceman83
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Diceman83

Those classes are pretty much standard for all engineering, I'm majoring in mechanical engineering, and I've done all those classes. Good stuff.
Old 04-14-2005, 10:40 PM   #71
ngsm13
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBFryman
hmmm,but did you take chem honors your sophomore year and geometry honors along with cross country, soccer, track, work, and clubs?
I took Honors Chem AND AP Chem, AP English, AP French (5th year), AP Physics, AP Calculus, (Scored 4, 5, 4, 5, 5 accordingly ) was Editor in Chief of my school newspaper, President of the French Club, President of the Esteem Team (peer-prevention group), Played Varsity Golf, and ran Varsity Track. I also held a job since I was at Penn Station.

I'm not bragging at all, just stating facts since I guess some1 felt the need to bring shit up

NG

PS: Oh...and I'm currently getting paid about $900/quarter to go to college...scholarship refund check
Old 04-15-2005, 02:24 PM   #72
balls_to_the_wall
AF Enthusiast

Noah, you are a fricking MACHINE!!!
Old 04-15-2005, 06:07 PM   #73
CBFryman
Banned

geometry=gheyly easy but required...and because i went to privet school i couldnt take algebra in 8th grade.... algebra II honors next year along with AP physics and then AP chem my senior year... the n pre calc and maybe trig at the same time... but you should have seen my grades before this...lmao... history/english i suck at....as you can probably tell from ym spelling/grammar....
Old 04-15-2005, 07:37 PM   #74
ponchonutty
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Re: Your Car Audio System

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngsm13
Tis true, tis true...

NG
43 - 73 Cycles Per Second (Hz) - lack of visual acuity, IQ scores fall to 77% of normal, distortion of spatial orientation, poor muscular coordination, loss of equilibrium, slurred speech, and blackout.
1 - 10 Cycles Per Second (Hz) - "Lethal infrasonic pitch lies in the 7 cycle range. Small amplitude increases affect human behavior in this range. Intellectual activity is first inhibited, blocked, and then destroyed. As the amplitude is increased, several disconcerting responses have been noted. These responses begin a complete neurological interference. The action of the medulla is physiologically blocked, its autonomic functions cease." (source; the Sonic Weapon of Vladimir Gavreau, by Gerry Vassilatos)

50 - 100 Cycles Per Second (Hz) - at 150 dB and higher, "intolerable sensations in the chest and thoracic region can be produced - even with the ears protected. Other physiological changes that can occur include chest all vibration and some respiratory rhythm changes in human subjects, together with hypopharyngeal fullness (gagging). The frequency range between 50 and 100 Hz also produces mild nausea and giddiness at levels of 150 - 155 dB, at which point subjective tolerance is reached. At 150 to 155 dB (0.63 to 1.1 kPA), respiration-related effects include substernal discomfort, coughing, severe substernal pressure, choking respiration, and hypopharyngeal discomfort." (source; 'Acoustic Trauma: Bioeffects of Sound,' by Alex Davies)
7 Cycles Per Second (Hz) - The most profound effects at this infrasonic level occur here. Seven Hz "corresponds with the median alpha-rhythm frequencies of the brain. It is also commonly alleged that this is the resonant frequency of the body's organs and hence organ rupture and death can occur at high-intensity exposures." (source; 'Acoustic Trauma: Bioeffects of Sound,' by Alex Davies)

Scientific Applications and Research Associates (SARA) - This agency's alleged infrasound research showed, "infrasound at 110 - 130 dB would cause intestinal pain and severe nausea. Extreme levels of annoyance or distraction would result from minutes of exposure to levels 90 to 120 dB at low frequencies (5 to 200 Hz), strong physical trauma and damage to tissues at 140 - 150 dB, and instantaneous blastwave type trauma at above 170 dB. At low frequencies, resonance's in the body would cause hemorrhage and spasm/ in the mid-audio range (0.5 to 2.5 kHz), resonance's in the air cavities of the body would cause nerve irritation, tissue trauma and heating; high audio and ultrasound frequencies (5 to 30 kHz) would cause heating up to lethal body temperatures, tissue burns, and dehydration; and at high frequencies, or with short pulses, bubbles would form from cavitation and micro-lesions in tissue would evolve." (source; 'Acoustic Trauma: Bioeffects of Sound,' by Alex Davies)

Need I say more?

Do you punks know that they use soundwaves to make gallstones to explode so they can be passed naturally?
Orion C63 Coax rear
DirectedVideo 9" all in one DVD with surround

2007 SATURN OUTLOOK AWD XR with full entertainment package
ponchonutty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2005, 08:45 PM   #75
CBFryman
Banned

ive heard rumors of 120dB at 13Hz making someones lung colapse....extremely loud low tones can be deadly....

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Audio