Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Volkswagen > GTI
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-03-2003, 03:14 PM   #1
evo2885
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to evo2885
Exclamation Evolution VS. WRX STi VS. R32

LANCER EVOLUTION VS. WRX STi VS. R32!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAS ANYBODY READ THE ARTICLE YET ?
THE BEST AND COOLEST ARTICLE I'VE EVER READ SO FAR.

READ THE ARTICLE. ITS AT www.vwvortex.com

And tell everybody what you think about the article and if the R32 is worthy of competing or should it compete period, with the Lancer Evolution and the WRX STi ??????

PEACE!!!!:smoker2: :grey: :sun: :bandit:
Old 06-18-2003, 10:30 PM   #2
SuBaRuRuLeS
AF Newbie

Arrow read it

Hey, I already read that article, and love it!

Those photos are dope!
Go STI! and r32
Old 07-11-2003, 02:43 AM   #3
ONEflyGTI
AF Newbie

GTI battle'n

can it really compete? Is the R32 going to be in the WRC now? will civics ever get respect? No one knows, all i know is GTis kick ass, but its kinda in a whole different catagory then the STi and the Evo...its a light weight 2 door hatch, and the EVO and STi...well...arent. But thats just my opinion, WHERE THE HELL IS GARAGE SPL IN WASHINGTON STATE!?
Old 07-12-2003, 12:25 AM   #4
paulkots
AF Newbie

IF YOU PUT 19.5 PSI OF FU*KEN BOOST ON A R32 IT WILL BE FLYING
THE EVO 8 HAS 19.5 PSI OF BOOST AND THE STI HAS AROUND 15 PSI!
THE R32 HAS 0.0000 PSI OF BOOST!
Old 07-28-2003, 12:34 AM   #5
integred
AF Newbie

the only problem with the r32 is its deceiving weight. it weighs about 3200 pounds, thats alot for a pocket rocket. does anyone know exactly when they come out. im going to buy one and just want to know how long i have
integred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2003, 03:40 AM   #6
Myrrdex
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by paulkots
IF YOU PUT 19.5 PSI OF FU*KEN BOOST ON A R32 IT WILL BE FLYING
THE EVO 8 HAS 19.5 PSI OF BOOST AND THE STI HAS AROUND 15 PSI!
THE R32 HAS 0.0000 PSI OF BOOST!

seriously that is rediculous, the first time i heard that about the EVO i almost croaked. 19.5 psi... no comment.... this car is pretty much maxed. i know people have already built some sick evo's but still i would be afraid to run 19.5 boost stock, and on a mitisubishi engine at that.
Myrrdex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2003, 11:43 AM   #7
dcgti
AF Newbie

i gotta agree...90 percent of the cars in this market have done well because they can be upgraded. you put more than 19.5 lbs of boost into that mitsu engine and it goes boom!! and im not sure about the evo 8 but the lancer has pretty much the same engine as the old dodge lancer (remember that one???) and thing was a piece of sh*t!!! i bet in a few years we'll see these things filling the junk yards with blown motors.

oh yeah and i did read that article...call me biased, but ill thake the r32 over both the sti and evo 8. style says a lot...especially when you can put 10 lbs of boost on that thing and blow away both of those cars

peace

dave
dcgti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2003, 09:41 AM   #8
RACER D12
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to RACER D12
Dont the R32s have the same engine as the VW SUV. I have been look at these things on the UK web site and I want one soo bad. I mean under 30k Na with 250hp thats sweet. Drop a t3/t4 in their and kick some ass. Plus with all those jerks out their who think VW suck think of all the races you could get. I mean it looks like a GTI. So im saving my pennies. Does anyone know when its set to hit the market?

Lindsey Boost Enhancer, Blitz EBC, Hot Air Intake, Koni Yellows
RACER D12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2003, 09:20 AM   #9
ImportRev4
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to ImportRev4
i would take the R32 out of them all cause it wasnt behind by that far and like they said with better tires it woulda been right behind which i think is very well for the lack of hp plus it looks the best and vw owns all woooooo!

go R32
ImportRev4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2003, 07:49 AM   #10
A3GTI_Mikey
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to A3GTI_Mikey
Re: Evolution VS. WRX STi VS. R32

Quote:
Originally Posted by integred
the only problem with the r32 is its deceiving weight. it weighs about 3200 pounds, thats alot for a pocket rocket. does anyone know exactly when they come out. im going to buy one and just want to know how long i have

Well the Evo weighs: 3,263

I couldn't find the other's too tired

But VW might have a 3.2L VR6 Turbo in the Mk5's
A3GTI_Mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2003, 10:50 PM   #11
hackett896
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to hackett896
Evo vs R32

First of all, yes, the evo does have 19.5 lbs of boost. Second the R32 has none. You are just mad because you live in VW world, and we live in the real world. Thew evo's powerplant is a totally different powerplant then any others that mitsu put out. I will live and sleep by the evo. Best car in its class put out to date. GTI's are over rated, and just plain ugly. Sorry if I hurt the feelings. Obviously Mitsubishi has done something right with this car, it is the 8th generation. And it has been wooping up on its opponents from day one. I say EVO/STI all the way, screw VW!!! Thats just my oppinion.
hackett896 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2003, 04:42 PM   #12
RACER D12
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to RACER D12
If you want to talk about ugly look at the EVO8, now I happen to not mind the EVO8's looks that much but most people veiw the EVO8 as the most ass backwards thing to come out of Mitsubishi. Anyways how can you not give the R32 props? Now no one said you had to love the car or VW but how can you say its not an impressive. With NO TURBO it is almost as fast as the EVO and STI. With bad tires it is keeping up with the EVO and STI. And lastly it is cheaper than both of them. With the money you saved you could put a turbo in their and beat up on EVO's and STI's. So im giving respect where respect is due to the R32

Lindsey Boost Enhancer, Blitz EBC, Hot Air Intake, Koni Yellows
RACER D12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2003, 02:09 PM   #13
HanzNY
AF Newbie

First off, I'm new here and don't really claim to know anything.

Both the STI and the EVO post some very serious numbers. For me the deciding factor comes down to build quality. I'm not going to lease any car and I plan on keeping what I get for some time. My last VW was a 1986 Jetta GLI and that car was a tank. At that time, the materials used in the Jetta were superior to the materials the Japanese manufacturers selected. I hope the same holds true today.

I think the STI or the VW will both be around in 10 years. I just think the VW's paint will still really shine and all the switches and controls will still work. I can't say I think the same of the STI. I do agree all the EVOs will have blown up by then.

Then again...Time will tell.

All three manufacturers deserve credit for having the balls to bring these machines to market. Especially in the Litigious States of America.
HanzNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2003, 08:23 PM   #14
danm22486
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to danm22486
my $.02

haha i have the picture of all three outside the tire rack place as my desktop. i agree with everyone who says the evo's motor will be toast fromthat boost. but i think that the sti is really no joke. im not exactly sure how it compares to the r32 stock, but it sounds pretty good. if i was gonna buy one just based on how it is stock i would go with the sti, but boost that r32 up and i would take it anyday. the sti's stock rims could use a color change though. that is all i have to say about that. you have my
danm22486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2003, 04:05 PM   #15
gti-vr6-20th-soon
AF Newbie

Since the 2.5l turbocharged impreza gets 300 horse stock, I'd opt for that one. Not to mention it's good comsumer report ratings. It was voted one of the best small cars. go rally
gti-vr6-20th-soon is offline   Reply With Quote