Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Classifieds
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Classifieds This is the place to buy and sell your Honda parts.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-02-2009, 11:59 AM   #1
automan9482
AF Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to automan9482
Exclamation Scam alert! Buyers beware!

WARNING!! WARNING!! WARNING!! WARNING!!
BE ESPECIALLY CAUTIOUS OF ANYONE FROM THE UK WITH THE FOLLOWING CONTACT INFO. OFFERING TO SELL/SHIP PARTS!
YESTERDAY I RECEIVED AN EMAIL FROM SOMEONE CALLING THEMSELVES "NURLENE BLOCK"
PHONE # OF 447024093669, EMAIL nurleneb@yahoo.com, IN REFERENCE TO MY WANT AD ON THIS OLD HONDA FOR MK1 PRELUDE PARTS.
THIS PERSON CLAIMED TO BE PARTING OUT A 1982 PRELUDE, AND SENT PICS FROM CARDOMAIN.COM THAT ACTUALLY BELONG TO A MAN IN VIRGINIA.
THE VIRGINIA MAN ANSWERED A PM SAYING HE IS NOT IN THE UK, NOR IS HE PARTING OUT ANYTHING.
"NURLENE" HAS NOT RESPONDED TO MY QUESTION OF HOW HE IS PARTING OUT A US SPEC PRELUDE IN THE UK.

CAVEAT EMPTOR!
automan9482 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 09:55 PM   #2
woter
Banned

Re: Scam alert! Buyers beware!

thanks for sharing ! is it sure?
woter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 07:29 AM   #3
automan9482
AF Regular

Re: Scam alert! Buyers beware!

Yes it is sure. The name did strike me as odd right off, but I thought maybe it was ok. Then this guy sent me pics of the car he was supposedly parting out, and I immediately recognized the pics from previous surfing. I went back under a Google search of 1982 Prelude images, and sure enough, there was the exact same Prelude on CarDomain, plus pics of it with Virginia tags. I PM'd the gentleman who has that CarDomain account, and he was quite puzzled when I asked if he happened to be selling that particular car from Britain...I figured he wasn't but wanted to be sure. He was nice enough to respond and say he had no idea what was going on, nor was he parting that car out, and extended offers to help with future 'Lude concerns. I did email "Nurlene" back and asked where the car was located...."Nurlene" said he was working in the UK out of Canada, and "needed a decision right away". I responded by saying I was not interested, as he had sent me someone else's pictures, and haven't heard from him since.
Old 03-13-2009, 07:25 AM   #4
automan9482
AF Regular

Exclamation Scam Alert Update!

Nurlene strikes again!
Be especially careful of anyone offering to sell/ship parts from the UK!!

Yesterday I received another email from "some" person in the UK in response to an advert for MK1 Honda parts. I was immediately skeptical, and didn't bite. It seems it's the same person who prompted my original alert. This time he is calling himself Kelvin Morgan, and he sent out a generic email to several people advertising WTB on This Old Honda.

--Original email:--
"Hello,my name is Kelvin and from the UK.You placed an advert on the internet and i want to let you know that i still have for sale.Please get back to me if you still need.
Kelvin
30,Leicester street London UK"

Today a woman named Christina emailed me saying he had sent her these exact same emails:

" I received the same email scam letter in response to my Carburetor wanted ad for 75 Civic CVCC Now he sent me another one today from another UK address this time calling himself Kelvin Morgan [kelvin.morgan84@yahoo.com]"

CAVEAT EMPTOR!

Last edited by automan9482; 03-13-2009 at 01:35 PM.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Classifieds