Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Viper | Viper SRT19 Roadster
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-10-2005, 12:30 AM   #91
Viper 10
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: why viper?

Quote:
Originally Posted by driftmaster200
A man who buys a viper is one of two people. A person who knows that the viper is a car that is ment to be pushed to the limit of what it can do, or B, a man who thinks that by buying a Viper you're the biggest baddass on the street and no one can take you.
Or a person who is looking for respect and finds themselves turning into a dyno jockey or a poser who can't drive the car for squat. Most Viper owner fall into these categories and haven't a clue how to drive these cars.

That is why more than 45% of all Vipers produced have been totaled...

How are you doing John? I hope that all is well with you. Are you coming out for a visit to the Left Coast any time soon? If so, drop me a line and let's get together. You can come and visit my new business (that we are opening next week).

Cheers,

Brad

Viper 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2005, 09:56 PM   #92
whompus
AF Newbie

Re: why viper?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortyoz2eric
i'm probly gonna piss some people off by saying this...but why would you buy a viper? when you see one drive by all you think is that its an old rich guy that doesn't know poop about cars. you can easily buy a car and make it faster than a viper for half the cost. i've seen supras, rx7's, civics, hell even neons beat vipers. i know this isn't taking into account some of the stuff you can do to vipers but most of that work costs a hell of a lot and gets to be illegal. also, i personally think vipers look tacky, their engines are ridiculously oversized and i know they are uncomfortable to drive.

Are you friggin insane? to put an Rx7 or, God forbid, A Civic or Neon(?) in the same sentence as a Viper is like comparing a Fresh bloody dog turd to a Filet Mignon steak. short of putting in a jet engine into a Civic or Neon , there is NOTHING you can do to even put the two in the same league power or performancewise. theres a reason why the Viper is $85k and the Neon is $15k numbnuts
whompus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 06:47 AM   #93
driftmaster200
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to driftmaster200

I agree with whompus. Even if you could modifiy a Civic or RX-7 to beat a Viper, it doesn't look as good as a Viper. The Viper is one of the best looking cars ever produced and hauls ass like no other car on the street. Also, if you modifiy a stock car to race against a Viper, your making a car that is not production based. In other words, any car can be modified to beat another, but many stock cars can't touch a Viper. It still doesnt change the fact that i'm driving a Viper and your driving a Civic. And even if you modifiy a Civic to beat my stock Viper, you wouldn't stand a chance in hell when I get a Hennessey 1000TT upgrade.

Viper_10, i'm glad there are a few people on this forum who know what they're taking about. Your absolutley right when you say a Viper requires more skill to drive than a regular car, from what i've heard from a viper owner in my town the Viper was designed to be a drivers car, and i'm glad you don't garage your Viper. Vipers are ment to be driven, not to sit and collect dust. If I ever get to own one, i'm going to drive the wheels off of it.
Old 03-29-2005, 12:17 PM   #94
tasattack
AF Regular

Send a message via MSN to tasattack Send a message via Yahoo to tasattack

I agree that the viper is a drivers car as well, despite the relevance to this thread this bit of info might also be useful for thinking why viper. Everyone has hopefully heard of the GT class racing, which mostly everyone with mopar blood recognizes that vipers once first debued have won on a very consistant basis. Up until the newer vipers release, or the new bodystyle i think its quite amazing that the GT version not the gts, or gtsr but the GT CUP viper can be purchased directly from chrysler. it comes completely tuned and ready to go which is quite impressive. This might not make any sence to anyone but that does sorta paint a pretty vivid picture that chrysler is not messing around, it is true mopar heritage and is a true drivers car.
I believe this is the car, it was a few years ago that i rem all this when C&D did a bit on the gt class racing league.

http://www.seriouswheels.com/top-200...tion-Coupe.htm
tasattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 04:24 PM   #95
Skyline_BNR34

Vipers are cool and you do need experience to drive one because of all the power. i wish i could have a Viper
Skyline_BNR34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 11:26 PM   #96
driftmaster200
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to driftmaster200

I'll put it simpily-
"If you have to ask, you'll never know."
Old 04-02-2005, 11:41 AM   #97
ShlemJDM
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to ShlemJDM
WHY VIPER WELL BECOUSE Click on LInk and See http://videos.streetfire.net/Player....4-D88841E6D4F7

Thats Why Viper !
ShlemJDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 07:33 AM   #98
-Davo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShlemJDM
WHY VIPER WELL BECOUSE Click on LInk and See http://videos.streetfire.net/Player....4-D88841E6D4F7

Thats Why Viper !

That was badass, thanks for that!

But keep inmind, eventhough the skyline was prob moded heavily, the stock viper (although has a much larger engine, no shit!) humiliated it.

Proof that skylines "arn't the shit"
-Davo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 10:26 AM   #99
speedneed
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to speedneed Send a message via Yahoo to speedneed

i've had fast civics, integras, was even lucky to own skyline gtr for a year.......now i drive my blue GTS viper....every day.....and i will keep this on..that's why.
rest of them are 'normal' cars for average people to enjoy....viper is for someone who can drive...but the skill is needed...and a lot of respect for the beast...it's like no other.
if u can test drive one- do it...then you'll understand.
if you've never driven one...you DNS...
speedneed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 10:18 PM   #100
rkcuda
AF Newbie

The Viper is an incredibly well balanced car.

I found it remarkably easy to drive, Actually, it felt like you are driving slow, until you either look at the speedo or you catch up with another car.
but it does command a high degree of respect with the power that it has available.
Having done a little track time... The Viper has an extremely flat torque curve which gives it an incredible advantage in the corners. With a more peaky engine, like the 911 turbo, it can sometimes be difficult to hit the corner and have the engine in the right power band.

Good looking, well balanced, powerful car, whats not to like.
rkcuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 08:24 PM   #101
tipota
AF Regular

vipers are contributing to the destruction of our planet. global warming is real, and our future is looking real grim. and it might already be too late...

enjoy your viper, you might need it to cool off once temperatures start hitting 130 degrees
tipota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 09:26 PM   #102
rkcuda
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tipota
vipers are contributing to the destruction of our planet. global warming is real, and our future is looking real grim. and it might already be too late...

enjoy your viper, you might need it to cool off once temperatures start hitting 130 degrees
There are significantly more Civics on the road than Vipers, They are also contributing to global warming. And with more of them... get off your soapbox.
rkcuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 07:25 PM   #103
tasattack
AF Regular

Send a message via MSN to tasattack Send a message via Yahoo to tasattack

all i know is they catch my eye like nothing else on the road.

i almost wish i had one, id almost be to scarred to take it out the way some people around here drive or let it sit while i run in to a store or something.

as far as their power goes i think its just silly that some people have no respect for it. in my opinion i think 1,000-2,000hp is yet the tip of the iceberg for a viper.
tasattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 10:26 PM   #104
tipota
AF Regular

yes, there are far more civics on the road, but they contribute to the destruction of the atmosphere far far less than a viper does. i didnt say stop driving, i said its better to drive an economy car than get your power kick.
tipota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 10:51 PM   #105
alphalanos
AF Enthusiast

well i loved the viper when i was a kid, i have a bunch of models of them, and they still look as though they just came off the drawing board. ive only gotten to sit in one but it was comfortable. as for making another car as fast as a viper...so what. the viper is still engineered for performance. a civic chassis is not designed for speed or extreme handling. bad weight split, etc. as has been stated numerously, put those two on a track and it would be difficult to find a "built-up" car that could really compete with a viper. it is essentially a streetable race car, slightly detuned. add a few upgrades to it and it is one of the most awesome cars.