Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Classic Cars
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Classic Cars Do you just love the classics?
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-05-2016, 10:59 AM   #1
LoireValleySimon
AF Newbie

Allow me to introduce myself...

(not sure if this is the right forum, but here goes...) I'm Simon, born in London, grew up (as much as any 50ish bloke grows up) in Australia, and now living in France. I own a pair of Citroen Traction Avants. Both are black 11b normales. Our first was Célestine, a 1953 car discovered in a barn in the early noughties and restored by a garage owner. She is extremely well behaved, except for having an appetite for gearboxes. We did a couple in rapid sucession, both metal fatigue. One involved cracking the gearbox case from end to end, the other was shearing a bearing mount where the axles exit. Our second is Claudette, who had a complete engine rebuild in 2009, and brakes added in 2013 (when we collected her she had no brakes except for a nasty grab on the nearside wheel in the last mm of brake pedal travel. Fun in the rain...) During summer we do custom tours of Loire Valley Chateaux using the Tractions, and during winter I trawl Streetview trying to see if we have been spotted. Even though we do over 10,000 km a year in the Tractions, as far as I know we havent been seen. Trawling the interwebs I have been surprised at how many pre '75 cars there are in daily use, and I started making notes. This has turned into a way over-ambitious blog to record all of them worldwide. So far I have 1800, but I doubt if that is more than 5%

Last edited by Stealthee; 03-05-2016 at 11:27 AM. Reason: Deleted links directing traffic elsewhere
LoireValleySimon is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Classic Cars