Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Buick > LaCrosse/Allure
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-15-2013, 08:51 AM   #1
polarzak
AF Regular

Anyone bought a LaCrosse after a Lucerne

I am looking for a replacement for my Lucerne. Looked at and drove the 13 Regal....not a chance...with the 4 cylinder it sounded my my daughter's junky 2002 Grand Am. Looked at and and drove a 2013 LaCrosse, and I was not impressed. O sure, the interiors look like a little space ship, tones of bells and whistles, but I was not impressed with the ride at all. Terrible blind spot with the pillars, not even a donut spare tire.
Any converts from A Lucerne to a LaCrosse 2011 and up? Impressions?
Thanks.
polarzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 07:46 PM   #2
ar00200
AF Newbie

Re: Anyone bought a LaCrosse after a Lucerne

Not from a Lucerne, but from an Allure. I bought my wife a 2012 LaCrosse to replace her 2006 Allure CXS (Canadian LaCrosse w 3.6 DOHC). It's a beautiful car, very powerful with the 3.6l 303 horse engine, good riding, headlights (adaptive HID) are the best I've driven behind, handles great (has the driver confidence package), well put together and comfortable, and we've gotten many admiring comments from all of our friends and acquaintenances.

Negatives - it holds each gear for a very long time, even on very light throttle, revving very high before shifting - definitely not tuned for economy. Visibility is not good. My wife loved her old Allure - but she does not like her new LaCrosse because she finds the roof line and large pillars make it too difficult to see out of, especially when backing - it does not have the reverse camera, only sensors, and even when changing lanes (even with blind spot sensors) - she is nervous. I will likely have to replace it in short order because of those reasons.
ar00200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 08:24 AM   #3
polarzak
AF Regular

ar00200...thanks for the reply. My wife has a 2007 Allure, we both like it, although it does not have the roominess or ride of my Lucerne. We plan to trade the Allure, for something for me, and she wanted to keep the the Lucerne for herself.

Back to the new Lacrosses...I agree with your comments on visibility. It was difficult to get a safe feeling of what was going on around me. The ride did not impress me either,; maybe the shorter wheelbase than the Luceerne. I was sort of hoping you would have said that your wife got used to it, however if you are thinking of trading already, that is not a good sign for me.

Anyway, thank you for your reply.
An Ex-Newfie from Gander.
Old 04-17-2013, 08:07 PM   #4
ar00200
AF Newbie

In rereading the post - in the interest of fairness to the LaCrosse - I like the car myself, much more than I liked the Allure. My wife also said - when I commented that I would have to trade it again because I didn't want to have her feel aggravated - that she'd get used to it. I may decide to fit a reverse cam kit, because it is a gorgeous car, and that's her biggest complaint. And, in remembering her move to the Allure, she wasn't a big fan of that one until we had had it for about a year (her previous rig was a Honda Odyssey which she loved). I drive a Chevy Silverado LTZ myself, and I do like her car just as well for driving.

Felt that an ex Newf might enjoy having a reply back from a Newf.
ar00200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 05:00 AM   #5
polarzak
AF Regular

Thanks for the reply. I enjoyed going to Corner Brook many times although it was it was a lot of years ago.

Maybe I will go back and look at the LaCrosse again. It has all the bells and whistles, including the rear camera/blind spot avoidance systems.. Probably I will just have to rely on technology to handle the lack of visibility.

Take care.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Buick > LaCrosse/Allure