Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240Z | 260Z| 280Z | 300ZX (Past Z Cars)
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
240Z | 260Z| 280Z | 300ZX (Past Z Cars) The original Z cars - ones that started it all.
View Poll Results: Oppinions?
Integra GS-R 1 6.25%
SRT-4 2 12.50%
A big, ugly, old, cheap Jeep...think "old ass CJ7" 3 18.75%
Talon/Eclipse 1 6.25%
Truly give up and just get another Z31 0 0%
Completely throw caution into the wind and get a Z32TT...even though this would completely defeat the purpose of getting another car... 4 25.00%
Track down one of the cooler looking Sentra SE-R Spec V's...think "Circa 2001"...I don't like the new ones... 3 18.75%
Nissan Altima 1 6.25%
Just some cheap old piece of shit. 0 0%
Other...please specify 1 6.25%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-12-2004, 11:05 PM   #1
longlivetheZ
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to longlivetheZ Send a message via MSN to longlivetheZ
I almost don't care anymore...

What do you guys think I should get for my next car. I want something that will be decent in bad weather that can be had for ~25K. I'm open to suggestions.

Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. --Benjamin Franklin
longlivetheZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2004, 11:10 PM   #2
Thourun
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Thourun
Re: I almost don't care anymore...

Are you thinking SUV or car? And do you want performance also? VR4s have AWD you know .
Installed: ESP front precat eliminating downpipe, test pipe, RF-1008 K&N, Dejon tool Y pipe, 1G DSM BOV, MSD wires, Guted rear pre cat, ISSPRO EV Marine boost gauge, IPO MBC, EGR blockoffs, Palm m515 dataloger setup, NGK iridium plugs, SPEC stage II clutch 500ft/lb, 5300k HID plug and play setup.

Soon:Topline Engineering ground wires.
Thourun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2004, 11:12 PM   #3
freakonaleash1187
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to freakonaleash1187 Send a message via MSN to freakonaleash1187

i would say a maxima. thats what i would get for a winter car, a fwd 4-door. and with $25k, you could probably get newer one that is faster than a non-turbo zed32.

-Jared

ZedEx Crew Member #2
freakonaleash1187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2004, 11:32 PM   #4
longlivetheZ
AF Enthusiast

I don't like suv's much...the only one I would consider would be an old, beat ass Jeep with huge tires for...like...800 bucks or something...and the only reason I'm even considering this is because it'd be cool to be able to say "oh...we got 2 feet of snow? I don't care."

VR-4...thought about it...but, kinda like the Z32TT, this might defeat the purpose of buying another car. The Z32TT wouldn't only coax mod-money out of me that was originally planned for the Z31, but it would also be as bad in the snow as the Z31 is...if not worse. At least the VR-4 wouldn't be bad in the snow. On the other hand, the SRT-4 is pretty much the same way.

I don't really care about performance too much...here are some of my reasons for wanting another car:

I have a real job now...time for a nice, new(er) car that has everything working in it. (All the windows...the AC...etc)
The Z31T is scary in the RAIN...FUCK THAT in the snow...
I want to work on the Z31 and it's very difficult to do that when I have to drive it every day...impossible if I pull the engine like I want to.
It's nice having more than one car...it's not as stressful if/when one starts acting up...you just drive the other one.

I LOVE Maximas but I don't really like cars that big. When I get a family...screw the mini-van...I'll get a Max...but just for carting my happy ass around, the GLI is about as big as I want to go. I actually prefer a 2-door. The GLI and the SRT-4 overcome this just because they still aren't really all that big despite being 4 doors.

Thanks for the input guys.

Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. --Benjamin Franklin
Old 12-12-2004, 11:44 PM   #5
freakonaleash1187
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to freakonaleash1187 Send a message via MSN to freakonaleash1187

i would get a sentra se-r spec v. those are damn nice, i have seen one and i was so awesome. i wouldn't get a talon/eclipse just because of their reliability issue. i wouldn't get an srt-4 just becuase all it is in my eyes is a suped up neon, and i can't stand neons. the integra is also a nica choice, so is the altima.

-Jared

ZedEx Crew Member #2
Old 12-12-2004, 11:46 PM   #6
longlivetheZ
AF Enthusiast

I like those Sentras alot too, but for whatever reason, they're kinda hard to find by me.

Old 12-13-2004, 01:09 AM   #7
Thourun
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Thourun

I still think a 97-99 VR4 would be great for what your looking for. AWD, two door, leather, climat control, modern enough so that everything will work, 4 seater, looks to die for... etc.
Installed: ESP front precat eliminating downpipe, test pipe, RF-1008 K&N, Dejon tool Y pipe, 1G DSM BOV, MSD wires, Guted rear pre cat, ISSPRO EV Marine boost gauge, IPO MBC, EGR blockoffs, Palm m515 dataloger setup, NGK iridium plugs, SPEC stage II clutch 500ft/lb, 5300k HID plug and play setup.

Soon:Topline Engineering ground wires.
Thourun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 01:11 AM   #8
k3smostwanted
Z Cars Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to k3smostwanted
dude, you always said you wanted a z32TT. so here is what i would do if i were in your position...take $12,000 of the 25k and buy the TT, then for your winter car pick up a GS-R or whatever you want...i mean really, that will leave you with $12,000 still...what about a subaru SVX??? AWD...or that would still leave you with enough money to get a VR4...

thats what i would do atleast...
ZedEx Crew Member #4
k3smostwanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 08:16 AM   #9
BlackBettyZ
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to BlackBettyZ

yea z32tt
Old 12-13-2004, 02:32 PM   #10
longlivetheZ
AF Enthusiast

Well...I don't have $25,000 cash layin around to spend on a car...I can finance that much, give or take, and afford the payments. I can't go out and finance...like...4 cars. I'd love a Z32TT but that would completely defeat the purpose of buying another car:

-It's as bad, if not worse, than the Z31T in the snow...and it's snowing here as I type this.

-It would probably coax more of the Z31's mod money out of me than the Z31T would.

This option isn't out of the question, but not very likely...if I happened to stumble apon a good Z32TT nearby, I don't think my will could withstand the pressure to buy it...

Old 12-13-2004, 03:47 PM   #11
k3smostwanted
Z Cars Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to k3smostwanted
ok...if you really want a z32TT, here's what you do...go to goodyear, buy some of the best snow tires they have for your rear wheels. as long as you have snow tires, it really isnt that bad. then pick up a couple of sand bags or something and throw in the hatch. then your z31 should be ready to go for the winter. then take the z32TT and put a cover over it, because it isnt going to go anywhere in the snow!!

or you could just be more practical and just buy yourself a nice AWD or FWD car...what about the scion TC??? $16k for a brand new car with all the features, and 160hp isnt bad at all. then i have heard about the TRD supercharger for it bumping it up real good...
or how about a subaru WRX (non STI), they are really quick for the price tag and you cant beat AWD...i think they run like mid 14's stock, so yeah...
ZedEx Crew Member #4
k3smostwanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 07:38 PM   #12
freakonaleash1187
AF Enthusiast

good idea k3, i would go with the scion tC. it is a good, new, cheap, fwd car.

-Jared

ZedEx Crew Member #2
Old 12-13-2004, 07:52 PM   #13
DeleriousZ
AF Fanatic

Send a message via MSN to DeleriousZ

not trying to be bias or anything, but if you can find a gsr for a good price, i'd definitely go for it... those cars are awesome in the snow and are virtually bulletproof in their stock form... awd is nice, but i don't really see how much it helps in the snow.... i always seem to be flying towards ditches when i drive awd's at work... i'll explain more later...
ZedEx Crew Member #6
1988 300zx turbo 5spd. 3" mandrel exhaust, filter, afco rad, e-fan, poly engine mounts, mbc at 8.5 psi, turboxs rfl-h bov, gutted plenum, etc.

blown turbo, under construction.. gt35 coming.
DeleriousZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 09:28 PM   #14
JCCR
AF Enthusiast

sell your z31 and get a z32tt and upgraded. with the money of your z31 get a daily driver like a 1990 honda civic. you should be able to get one for about 1k
JCCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 09:37 PM   #15
lazysmurff
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to lazysmurff

honestly dude, if you can finance around 25k, id pick up a mini cooper S. quick little car, inexpensive, and a new car means working stuff, like power windows.

plus, being fairly chunky weight wise and FWD, i imagine they would do fairly well in the snow and rain.

though, out of the cars in your list, id take a gs-r or a sentra se-r

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240Z | 260Z| 280Z | 300ZX (Past Z Cars)