Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240Z | 260Z| 280Z | 300ZX (Past Z Cars)
240Z | 260Z| 280Z | 300ZX (Past Z Cars) The original Z cars - ones that started it all.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-20-2004, 10:01 AM   #16
k3smostwanted
Z Cars Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to k3smostwanted
thats fine. i think more or less, we the 300zx owners get tired of our cars being dissed because of reliability. i havent meant a 300zxTT owner yet that says that his car is shitty becasue it has had a few maitenance problems. most people that buy z's know that they are probably buying a car that someone has ran the shit out of. oh well. i understand what your saying about the mr2 being a sports car. it does have a true sports car layout but i dont feel that the fact that it is mid-engine makes the car better. just opinions clashing i suppose.
ZedEx Crew Member #4
k3smostwanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 10:15 AM   #17
1viadrft
AF Fanatic

Re: ventured over to "car comparisons" part of af

I thought the Z was more of a touring-hi-speed cruiser anyway? What a dumb-prick!

My 1994 TT Supra For Sale: http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...d.php?t=623105
1viadrft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 12:16 PM   #18
kman10587
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to kman10587

By the way, I never said anything about it's reliability. In fact, I defended it's reliability in that thread. All the other Nissans from that time period were very solidly built, so it must be abuse and lack of proper maintenance for a high-end car that causes the "reliability issues".
kman10587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 02:08 PM   #19
k3smostwanted
Z Cars Fanatic

yeah i know. i was talking about the other guys.
ZedEx Crew Member #4
Old 10-20-2004, 06:25 PM   #20
longlivetheZ
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to longlivetheZ Send a message via MSN to longlivetheZ

I've had nothing but good luck with my Zs.

Wanna know what erks me? People saying we're biased. That's simply bull shit. We aren't biased, we just like our cars...we aren't saying they "own everything" or they're "the greatest cars ever built by anyone, anywhere, ever" or anything. They were SOME of the greatest cars ever built, but not THE greatest. There have been many amazing and classic cars that will remain amazing and classic for any number of reasons...there is no "one best"...not even the Z. But anyone that says any ONE car, run of cars, brand of cars...whatever is best...is wrong. There is no ONE best of ANYTHING...make, model, year (yes...on occasion, there is one year that actually IS clearly better than the other years of that particular car, but even that's rare), region...whatever...you can say this about bands/music, too. There's too much emotion and oppinion involved for ONE best of either of these to be possible.

But...Motor Trend, Mar 1990, "Dollar for dollar, it's (the 300ZX is) the best damn sports car in the world." I don't care who you are or what kind of car you prefer, that really is impressive...

Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. --Benjamin Franklin
longlivetheZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 07:36 PM   #21
DeleriousZ
AF Fanatic

Send a message via MSN to DeleriousZ

the z owns everything....
ZedEx Crew Member #6
1988 300zx turbo 5spd. 3" mandrel exhaust, filter, afco rad, e-fan, poly engine mounts, mbc at 8.5 psi, turboxs rfl-h bov, gutted plenum, etc.

blown turbo, under construction.. gt35 coming.
DeleriousZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 08:00 PM   #22
JCCR
AF Enthusiast

i don't know about you guys but i get alot of complements about my Z. when Z came out to the public they were to expensive and only older folks owned them. basically the Zs were in the wrong hands at the time. know that the Zs are more afortable to many of us and have fallen to the right hands( us ), you begain to see the real power of a Z!

the z is the best bang for your money and with about about a 1k or a little more your bagain to see its true potential.

screw everybody else! the Z in stock form can hang with many of today new sports cars. and properly tune? it will rip a new ass on anybody!
JCCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 08:09 PM   #23
igota20hpweedeater
AF Enthusiast

very true JCCR!
igota20hpweedeater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 10:18 PM   #24
kman10587
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by longlivetheZ
We aren't biased, we just like our cars...we aren't saying they "own everything" or they're "the greatest cars ever built by anyone, anywhere, ever" or anything.
You act like it when you mercilessly talk shit about domestics. I'll dig up old quotes if I have to, but just because you believe your car is better than everyone else's doesn't mean you can talk shit as if it were.
Old 10-20-2004, 10:25 PM   #25
freakonaleash1187
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to freakonaleash1187 Send a message via MSN to freakonaleash1187

the same thing i have noticed with the z33 is that really only older people own them. you don't really see any young people owning them.

-Jared

ZedEx Crew Member #2
freakonaleash1187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 10:27 PM   #26
k3smostwanted
Z Cars Fanatic

opinions are expressed in these forums. im sure its not just us that sometimes talk shit about another car. go to any forum on here. people express their opinions and that is what these forums are for. for people to learn and express their feelings. if i feel it is a good car, personally i could care less where it came from.
ZedEx Crew Member #4
Old 10-21-2004, 01:49 AM   #27
Hodo
AF Enthusiast

I love the Z, but its NOT a sports car, its touring car, or as the Americans put it a "Muscle/Pony" car.
Even the Ferrari isnt a sports car. But to say this about the MR-2/S its not a good sports car either, as stated by the "5th Gear" it is a fun drive but, its has to many wizbang gizzmos, and is a bit uncomfortable. But it is a reliable car. They did say the best "sports car" on the market is the Lotus Elise and the clone by someother company that goes faster and has less in it.

But thats just my take on it.
Hodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 08:12 AM   #28
musicsurfman
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to musicsurfman Send a message via MSN to musicsurfman

5th Gear Has Some Of The Worst, Most Opinionated, Car Reviewers Out There. The Mr2 Is One Of The Greatest Affordable Mr Platforms. If They Said The Mr2 Has Too Many Gizmos But The Elise Is The Greatest Sports Car They Obviously Never Driven The Elise. The Elise Is Loaded With Features.... I Do Agree Pound For Pound The Elise Can't Be Beat But The Comparisons They Give Is So Biased Its Not Even Funny.

And The Clone Is The Exige.

EMAIL CONTACT:
PROJECTRB240SX@HOTMAIL.COM
musicsurfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 08:53 AM   #29
freakonaleash1187
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to freakonaleash1187 Send a message via MSN to freakonaleash1187

have you ever driven a elise? if not, than you can't say their opinions are biased because how do you know if their opinions are right or not if you have never driven it?

-Jared

ZedEx Crew Member #2
freakonaleash1187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 04:16 PM   #30
kman10587
AF Enthusiast

The Elise is more or less the textbook definition of a sports car. The Mazda Miata and Honda S2000 are also good examples. To be completely accurate, a sports car has to have been designed as and intended to be a roadster, but I don't really like that definition...I'd count the Fairlady Z and MR2 as sports cars for sure.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240Z | 260Z| 280Z | 300ZX (Past Z Cars)