Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240Z | 260Z| 280Z | 300ZX (Past Z Cars)
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
240Z | 260Z| 280Z | 300ZX (Past Z Cars) The original Z cars - ones that started it all.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-01-2004, 10:41 PM   #46
Broke_as_****
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: N/A 300zx or SVT Contour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delerious93integra
yeah, broke should have a "hazardous to your health" sign tagged on all his posts... just as a safety procaution.
Done.

Warning: Objects in mirror aren't as fast as they thought they were.
Broke_as_**** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 10:41 PM   #47
DeleriousZ
AF Fanatic

Send a message via MSN to DeleriousZ
Re: N/A 300zx or SVT Contour

hahaha awesome
ZedEx Crew Member #6
1988 300zx turbo 5spd. 3" mandrel exhaust, filter, afco rad, e-fan, poly engine mounts, mbc at 8.5 psi, turboxs rfl-h bov, gutted plenum, etc.

blown turbo, under construction.. gt35 coming.
DeleriousZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 10:54 PM   #48
Broke_as_****
AF Enthusiast

Now made even better: Daily threat level warnings

Anyway, if you can't afford the NA Z32, look around for a 240SX. Another great car though no where around the NA Z32s level, they may be cheaper, or if another Initial D video has come out, they may be more expensive. Anyway, if you can afford the NA Z32, go that route and much joy and good karma shall come to you.

Old 10-01-2004, 10:55 PM   #49
DeleriousZ
AF Fanatic

Send a message via MSN to DeleriousZ

(and by karma... he means women)
ZedEx Crew Member #6
1988 300zx turbo 5spd. 3" mandrel exhaust, filter, afco rad, e-fan, poly engine mounts, mbc at 8.5 psi, turboxs rfl-h bov, gutted plenum, etc.

blown turbo, under construction.. gt35 coming.
DeleriousZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 10:58 PM   #50
Broke_as_****
AF Enthusiast

Well that too. Its a well known fact that:

Z32 = tail magnet

Old 10-02-2004, 09:04 AM   #51
jfarrell
AF Newbie

Everyone loves "tail". If I got a 240sx I wouldn't keep it stock for long because they are slow as snails. The pro of the 240 is that it is RWD and you got to love RWD. I would at least try to obtain one of those monster machine SR20DET. or something like that. BUT you won't get as much tail with a 240. so 300zx wins. Hands down. Faster with chances of more ass, if i don't screw it up
jfarrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2004, 03:05 PM   #52
longlivetheZ
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to longlivetheZ Send a message via MSN to longlivetheZ

I suggested the Z31 because the Z32...most likely na or tt...will be really high for a 16 yr old...definately so for the tt. My insurance wasn't too horrible when I got my first Z31, but it was pretty steap...I'm not sure if the newer, more powerful, more expensive...yet safer Z32 would be more or not...insurance confuses the hell out of me.

Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. --Benjamin Franklin
longlivetheZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 08:33 AM   #53
jfarrell
AF Newbie

What is good mileage to buy a Z32? I don't want to buy one with 250,000 miles, but what is a good amount to buy with? like 80,000?
Old 10-03-2004, 09:20 AM   #54
freakonaleash1187
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to freakonaleash1187 Send a message via MSN to freakonaleash1187

depends on what you want to pay. if you don't want to pay more than $7k, then plan on getting one with over 100k miles. but the vg, if taken care of, will last 200k miles. just don't hurry up and buy the first one you see, take your time.

-Jared

ZedEx Crew Member #2
freakonaleash1187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 10:18 AM   #55
longlivetheZ
AF Enthusiast

They'll last vitually forever...here's a good rule of thumb for you. 5-10K per year = low milage, 10-15K per year = average mileage, 15-20K per year is getting up there a bit, 20K+ per year = I probably wouldn't mess with it...there are exceptions to these rules, of course, but this is a pretty good rule of thumb. So...if you find a 1992 with 100K on it, that's not too bad...12 yr old car...that's less than 10K per year...probably has a lot more in it. Just a guideline, but it helps. Also, www.kbb.com is the industry standard for finding a car's value. Check the price of what you're looking at there.

Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. --Benjamin Franklin
Old 10-03-2004, 10:22 AM   #56
freakonaleash1187
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to freakonaleash1187 Send a message via MSN to freakonaleash1187

kelly blue book underestimates the z a lot. you can try using that when you talk to the seller, but if the seller knows what he is doing, he will sell it for mor than the kbb listed value.

-Jared

ZedEx Crew Member #2
freakonaleash1187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 10:35 AM   #57
longlivetheZ
AF Enthusiast

He may TRY to sell it for more...the kbb guys kinda help when it comes to buying a Z cuz you can use their low ball number to your advantage sometimes...even though we all know it's probably worth more. What you have to keep in mind though is that there will always be someone willing to pay more for the same car than the next guy...you just have to find the right person...

Old 10-03-2004, 11:05 PM   #58
Broke_as_****
AF Enthusiast

Try going to Autotrader.com and seeing what equivilant cars are going for. KBB is pretty good but the direct source is usually more accurate. If you can't find the right person, kidnap a stranger, brainwash them and make them the right person. Then do that a 100 million times and create a living zombie army to do your bidding.

Old 10-04-2004, 08:43 AM   #59
jfarrell
AF Newbie

You know that zombie army thing doesn't sound too bad! I will have them steal 300zx and 350z. I shall hand them out accordingly not to some faggot who wants the eifel tower on the back of it. Thanks for that "chart", longlive. I will use that when purchasing a car...I hope i can find one under 100,000! That would be ideal, the bad thing is that there are ZERO 300zx's for sale around here none in auto trader none in any of the local car magazine things. Ill probably have to drive a few hundred miles to find one that is in good shape.
Old 10-04-2004, 10:11 AM   #60
HAVOK_Z32
AF Newbie

SVT or Z32????????

My first Z was a 1992 NA Z32 2+2 that I bought as my first Rwd at the age of 24. I'd have to agree with everyone else when they say that at 16yrs old the Z is too much car and that "most"(not all) kids at that age wont respect power of this car. However... The SVT can be made into a extreamly sick NA killer. True F@#$ing Story.

Back when I had my frist Z32( I have a 1993 Z32TT now) I use to do alot of drag racing and drag racing in Seattle.
** NOTE: Z32 is not made for DRAG Racing!!!!! **
I remember this one dude with this SVT Ford Taurus who would always seem to smoke the Hell out of the honda's as if they were standing still. It was pretty damn funny thinking back on it... Until the one time I got bored and raced this dude myself and had my ass handed to me . Not I had a full Greddy cat-back and JWT ECU and Apex intake on my NA and thought that I was King Sh!t at the track. I found out later that the SVT was packing a 50 shot NOS kit and a flowmaster muffler!!! WTF!
I have to give that car It's props. During that time the only other real competition I'd have was from the mustangs, BMW M3', and Corvettes.
I wont sleep on the SVT anymore but my TT has added more of an insurance policy of that ever happening again thou.
HAVOK_Z32 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240Z | 260Z| 280Z | 300ZX (Past Z Cars)