Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240Z | 260Z| 280Z | 300ZX (Past Z Cars)
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
240Z | 260Z| 280Z | 300ZX (Past Z Cars) The original Z cars - ones that started it all.
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-06-2004, 08:54 PM   #31
03blue350z
AF Newbie

It's GroundZero of Paducah Kentucky...I like the Silvia idea...I traded my Z in today for a Tiburon and got some $$ back...They look good (are slower though) but it will be interesting...not my favorite car but the 240sx I wanted had an oil leak and exhaust leak..it was about to blow... www.groundzerocc.com is our website...I designed it originally but they had a different template made and copied all my work over to the new one...its not bad but I havent work on it in a while...

03blue350z
Old 08-07-2004, 01:18 AM   #32
longlivetheZ
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to longlivetheZ Send a message via MSN to longlivetheZ
Re: Who has a contract with Sport Compact Pro?

Wow...someone else in this hell that is Kenfucky. j/k I'm in northern kentucky. I'd love to come see your place and talk to you sometime, man. I'm sending you a PM.

Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. --Benjamin Franklin
Old 08-07-2004, 04:58 PM   #33
Dracord
AF Newbie

Hey everyone, i was searching for scp's telephone number and came accross this. I was also accepted for the sponsorship, and was told if i didn't agree to the contract my money could be refunded. I received the contract, looked it over and did a price check on a few items. I didn't really want to have to buy from them, and all the dyno/installation time did not apply to any shops near me.

I called them and asked if i could receive my money back. I told them I could not make some of the agreements on the contract. They then said the money was already donated to charity (victims of illegal street racing) and could not be returned to me. They said they would talk it over with their manager and give me a call back. I've heard nothing since. They said they could get me something worth the $79 dollars from their shop which i might have to go for, but i lost the telephone number. Can anyone give it to me?
Old 08-08-2004, 08:57 PM   #34
longlivetheZ
AF Enthusiast

Never heard of a situation like yours, and sorry, but I can't relate.

I really don't know if/how I can help you, but if I could, I sure would. Sorry, man.

Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. --Benjamin Franklin
Old 08-08-2004, 11:45 PM   #35
Dracord
AF Newbie

Do you have a phone number where i can reach Chris? I've lost it
Old 08-09-2004, 12:13 AM   #36
longlivetheZ
AF Enthusiast

Who's Chris?

Old 08-09-2004, 01:18 AM   #37
Dracord
AF Newbie

He's the guy who recruited me for sponsorship, guy with deep voice who should have called you. Any number for scp would be good
Old 08-09-2004, 08:14 PM   #38
xSabrielx
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to xSabrielx
Phone: 302.892.3400

Fax: 302.892.3434

I also got sponsored by them and filed a fraud complaint with my bank when it came out that they were a scam.

LP# 'RD_CNDY'
Old 08-10-2004, 12:50 AM   #39
longlivetheZ
AF Enthusiast

Those are the numbers.

It's definately not a scam, but now I'm kinda on the fence about doing it or not...

For instance...I want a Greddy Profec B Spec II....if I got it from them, the most they'd help me is 55% off the list price of $420, which leaves a price of $231...and that's best case scenerio. I can get one off eBay for that price...probably a little cheaper. But, on the other hand, they would help with labor and the stuff I can't find on eBay or the net.

I'm still kinda undecided...even though I already put a few of the decals on my car...

Old 08-10-2004, 08:57 AM   #40
Dracord
AF Newbie

Have you signed the contract yet? You're not theirs until you sign that and send it back. If you decide not to go with them, you get a $78 pair of stickers
Old 08-11-2004, 12:07 AM   #41
longlivetheZ
AF Enthusiast

I haven't sent it back yet. I'm still on the fence a bit. I'm not too worried about the $80 cuz it's tax deductible so I'll get it back eventually. Besides, it went to a charity...or so they say, at least. If I decide I want it back, I could call them and try to get it back (which I doubt would work), and if it didn't, I could file a scam complaint with my bank and get it back that way. I'm not real worried about it, though.

Old 08-11-2004, 06:45 PM   #42
xSabrielx
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to xSabrielx

It was posted on 3si that this sponsorship was a scam although a friend of mine read the contract and said it wasn't. Within 5 days of SCP taking the money out of my account, I received a contract with 2 dinky ass decals to put on my car. Btw, try researching the charity that your $79 went to... Victims of Illegal Streetracing. There is nothing on the internet in regards to a charity of that nature at all. It may not be a scam but so far I haven't seen any evidence that proves whether it is or isn't, so I decided to try and get my money back and pay for my mods myself. If anyone else has called SCP or has any other input it would be most appreciated.

LP# 'RD_CNDY'
Old 08-12-2004, 07:01 PM   #43
ice-racerX
AF Newbie

Angry Scp---

I've been with SCP since spring and haven't bought anything from them yet. I don't see the point of buying anything from them when I can get it cheaper from larger retail internet shops. I thought that by having a sponsor, we are supposed to get things cheaper and faster because we are product advertising on wheels. We will stand by the name brands we put on our cars for competitions. That's pretty good for any company when they have actual customers out their pushing their gear. If you ask me, those who put their cars on the sponsorship block should get paid every month for fronting any "Brand Name" gear on their ride. And these drivers that make their car look that good so the Brand Names make money should be given the newset and greatest parts for the competition line. Getting sponsored should be like getting a job. You should work hard to get your car in the best competition quality it can be in. And your sponsorship should be your employer with a paycheck every month and a vehicle budget every year. You should be so lucky as to win a regional competition. But to blow away a ton of wanna-be's in the state with your tricked out, fully sponsored low rider. HELL YEAH!!!!!!!!! Just show me where to sign up, if it were only that way today. But it isn't. It's the way it is. I would love to go to bat for these brand name companies. But for now, I'm caught in this SCP merry-go-round.

Yo, if you wanna get sponsored, look at your local shops. They will gladly sponsor you especially if you have a plan that you can impress them with. Just call the owner for a meeting and see what he/she says. You could get a full sponsorship, or maybe just tires. Just keep on asking more shops, their bound to get you something for your rolling billboard. It's the cheapest form of advertising that any shop could afford. Good luck yo.
Old 08-12-2004, 07:52 PM   #44
StealthZ32
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to StealthZ32
so do you think SCP is not worth joining??

R.I.P 2008
status- stolen by the motherf#@$%! that i knew! haven't seen him since Still have the engine like that does any good
Old 08-12-2004, 11:20 PM   #45
longlivetheZ
AF Enthusiast

A lot of what Ice said, I agree with. I think they should pay for all of it...not part...we are rolling commercials for these people. I too would give my right nut to get a full sponsorship job type thing as he describes.

........buuuuuuuut........

In the mean time, I'm still on the fence about signing the papers. I'll think "ah hell...why not...it's better than nothing..."...then ten minutes later, I'll think "man...I can get most shit just as cheap, if not cheaper off ebay...why bother...". So...I'm still on the fence.

As for the $80, for whatever reason, I don't really care too much. My contract is sitting right here next to me and it's been left up to me...I guess I think that's good enough. I dunno. I also did some pokin around for that charity and came up empty handed. There could be umpteen billion reasons for this, so I don't really hold it against them too much.

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240Z | 260Z| 280Z | 300ZX (Past Z Cars)