Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240Z | 260Z| 280Z | 300ZX (Past Z Cars)
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
240Z | 260Z| 280Z | 300ZX (Past Z Cars) The original Z cars - ones that started it all.
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-16-2003, 06:29 PM   #16
350zdreams
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to 350zdreams
Heres his cardomain website,
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/424034
Heres the ebay site,
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...&category=6398

This guy put a 400 small block, and to all you that say it's stupid, apparently you dont know anything about performance, a CSB400 has the potential of 4 times the max hp on a vg30et engine.

Heres the engine,

Heres how stock it looks,

Hope this helped,
Matt
Old 12-16-2003, 06:48 PM   #17
freakonaleash1187
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to freakonaleash1187 Send a message via MSN to freakonaleash1187
Re: Chevy Powered 300ZX

i agree with funkdeal. domestics and imports arent supposed to mix. thats why there is domestic and import, cuz if everyone was mixing the two, there wouldnt be any difference and there wouldnt be a point to make two categories. and another thing, imports arent made to have torque, they are supposed to be smaller engines that move fast.
Old 04-16-2004, 05:24 PM   #18
Bowtiedon
AF Newbie

Send a message via Yahoo to Bowtiedon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblegumRum
Has anybody had any luck putting a smallblock Chevy engine in a Nissan 300ZX keeping it stock appearing? I have access to both. I know it has been done to the 240sx.

Thanks, Bubblegum
Bravo for your idea of mixing an American all-out torque motor in a small foreign bodied car!!! The idea isn't new (Carrol Shelby did it with a 427 Ford in the English built aluminum bodied AC Cobra- and we all know what came from that!), Porshe 911's have been converted to small block Chevy's and so have the British Jaguars, so don't EVEN listen to these non-idealistic "store-bought " hot rod idiots. The 300ZX power plant is quite "perky" but if you want a car that will scare you then you go right on with that conversion. I did a 327 in a 240Z and was absolutely astounded at what a stock motor did for that car!

'
Old 04-16-2004, 05:27 PM   #19
Bowtiedon
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 350zdreams
Heres his cardomain website,
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/424034
Heres the ebay site,
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...&category=6398

This guy put a 400 small block, and to all you that say it's stupid, apparently you dont know anything about performance, a CSB400 has the potential of 4 times the max hp on a vg30et engine.

Heres the engine,

Heres how stock it looks,

Hope this helped,
Matt
Right on Matt, the 4-banger crowd ain't got a clue!
Old 04-16-2004, 10:34 PM   #20
1viadrft
AF Fanatic

Re: Re: Chevy Powered 300ZX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowtiedon
Right on Matt, the 4-banger crowd ain't got a clue!

Hey idiot! I know ton's of 'four-bangers' that can rip up your car! In fact my 'import' V6 powered Z can probably take on your AMERICAN-built heap as well! Putiing a domestic engine in a JAPANESE car is as retarded as you! AND STOP BRINGING BACK THREADS THAT HAVE NOT BEEN POSTED ON SINCE DECEMBER!

My 1994 TT Supra For Sale: http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...d.php?t=623105
Old 04-17-2004, 01:37 AM   #21
InzaneTurboZ
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to InzaneTurboZ

Definetly "MyNismo" my turbo Z31 is pushing 475HP and 442 lb-ft of torque and my turbo spools up at 2500 RPM, I eat V8's all the time Mustang Cobras, SS camaros, firebirds all the rest of the junk. Plus you can get a chevy 350 for like 100 bucks they are so cheap and such a piece of junk they are unrealiable and are not designed to fit in a Z car, plus it takes the handleing characteristics away from the car it just a waste of time and money.
Old 04-19-2004, 06:03 PM   #22
Bowtiedon
AF Newbie

Re: Re: Re: Chevy Powered 300ZX

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1viadrft
Hey idiot! I know ton's of 'four-bangers' that can rip up your car! In fact my 'import' V6 powered Z can probably take on your AMERICAN-built heap as well! Putiing a domestic engine in a JAPANESE car is as retarded as you! AND STOP BRINGING BACK THREADS THAT HAVE NOT BEEN POSTED ON SINCE DECEMBER!
Please educate me further in the history of automobiles, such as how many times has a Chevrolet Corvette ran the pace of the Indianapolis 500 and how many times has a Nissan? In the past 5 years of the 24 Hours of Le Mans, which manufacturer has the most consistant overall wins? I don't believe ist was Nissan. And I do believe that this is just the first year a foreign manufacturer has dared to compete with American "junk" in the NASCAR series (namely the truck series) and it is AMERICAN MADE Toyota. Get a clue fool.
Old 04-20-2004, 11:33 AM   #23
1viadrft
AF Fanatic

Your junk sucks... keep your comments in the Musclecar forums!

My 1994 TT Supra For Sale: http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...d.php?t=623105
Old 04-20-2004, 05:14 PM   #24
Bowtiedon
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1viadrft

Your junk sucks... keep your comments in the Musclecar forums!
Sounds like your experiencing a bad case of penis-envy.
Old 04-21-2004, 12:28 AM   #25
InzaneTurboZ
AF Newbie

Hey your taliing about the Chevy Corvette at the 34 hours of lemans that got beat twice by a nissan in 97 and 98 by the nissan r390, oh yeah and chevy had the record for the worlds fastest street car you know with the LS1 but then it got out by a nissan skyline gtr, also the mcguire focus(i know its ford but still domestic) had the record for the worlds fastest E/T on Pro Modified till that got beat out by a 300zx. Don't get my wrong I don't hate V8 I just think the time and technology is in V6's and L4, like look at the new cobra it has 390HP and does the 1/4 in 13.4 now look at the subaru STi it has 300HP and does the 1/4 in 13.2, I know it has AWD but still the cobra has almost 100 more HP and the Evo does it in 13.3, come on and even chevy has import parts on it like the AC compressor and the alternator, so I think you should get a clue before you run your mouth.
Old 04-21-2004, 12:29 AM   #26
InzaneTurboZ
AF Newbie

I meant 24 hours of lemans
Old 04-23-2004, 11:04 PM   #27
longlivetheZ
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to longlivetheZ Send a message via MSN to longlivetheZ
Re: Re: Chevy Powered 300ZX

Sacrilage....pure sacrilage....

Yo Westpak...NICE friggin cars, man. I'd love to have either of them...couldn't imagine having BOTH. I'm curious though, with those mods, what kind of performance numbers are you getting out of the VQ?

Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. --Benjamin Franklin
Old 04-25-2004, 12:21 AM   #28
knightinwhite86
AF Regular

Lots of "hating" going on here. If it is a twin turbo I would leave it alone, but if not I would try the 350. You have to determine what you want to do with the car before you mod it (drag racing, daily driver, auto cross, drifting). Personally I think you should buy a Datsun 510, stroke the 350 to a 383, drop it in and make it a sleeper, thats what i would do with a 350
Old 04-25-2004, 06:16 PM   #29
Broke_as_****
AF Enthusiast

I dont' want to bring back dead threads either but... you can take a VG TT and turn up the boost for virtually no money. Add some bolt ons and a little electronic trickery...well that puts you up upwards of 450hp and equal or maybe even slight ahead of that on torque. Thats for a damnsite less cash then it would take to stuff a 350 under there. You would blow all the money just on getting the engine in the car with out even touching the performance side. Then once you get that VG up to those levels you would have to start thinking about rebuilding the engine with forged bits and so on...but that is the same thing with the 350...your mainly looking at having a really expensive unique car that still won't be much if any faster then a guy that blew his VG to crazy levels...if its worth it to you to have a V-8 in a Z then go for it. You'll get alot more bang for your buck with the VG though.
Old 04-27-2004, 11:14 AM   #30
Bowtiedon
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broke_as_****
I dont' want to bring back dead threads either but... you can take a VG TT and turn up the boost for virtually no money. Add some bolt ons and a little electronic trickery...well that puts you up upwards of 450hp and equal or maybe even slight ahead of that on torque. Thats for a damnsite less cash then it would take to stuff a 350 under there. You would blow all the money just on getting the engine in the car with out even touching the performance side. Then once you get that VG up to those levels you would have to start thinking about rebuilding the engine with forged bits and so on...but that is the same thing with the 350...your mainly looking at having a really expensive unique car that still won't be much if any faster then a guy that blew his VG to crazy levels...if its worth it to you to have a V-8 in a Z then go for it. You'll get alot more bang for your buck with the VG though.
Bravo for your input. There is too much antagonism out in the automotive world as to "who'se the best and the fastest".
For the guy - or girl- who desires a V-8 I think the modern approach is an across the counter LS-1 all aluminum SB Chevy. But on the other hand you are correct in the cost necessary for the HP advantage. I was a car crafter at the age of 7 mixing and matching parts from all of my Revell models since I felt some parts from some cars looked better on some rather than others. My '72 240Z was an absolute animal with a stock 327 and a turbo 350 with a shift kit. The engine utilizing stock eshaust manifolds fit in that car like it was designed for it. But those were the days prior to emission controls and computer controls. Car crafting is what makes us all individuals- dko what YOU want to do. It's your car!

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240Z | 260Z| 280Z | 300ZX (Past Z Cars)