Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Audi > R8
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-30-2011, 03:41 PM   #1
pk426
AF Newbie

R8 Front Brakes last for 15000 miles street driving?

Last service in May, I reported my brakes had noise with 15k drove, west Covina Audi tech said they can't tell what's the problem.

July I bring it in again with 17k drove, they tell me the brakes is completely gone, the inside pads is hitting the rotors, it is not cover by warranty, front only $1500 replace it with rotors, I asked why my brake lights doesn't on? They said it is because my outside pads still good!

Audi said that's depends the driver???
My questions is:
1) What did they do on my last service? Inspected out side brake pads only? Or the brake still good back then even I can tell it had noise? If I can tell the pad went low, I may able to save my rotors! They didn’t check the pads because they didn’t expect the brake wear out inside faster without codes right?

2) How driver can drive to wear out inside pads faster? I never put R8 on track, only drive work and home daily, my last BMW brakes lasted 30k, why they blame on drivers not the quality of the brakes? , are they trying to say this is how R8 designed? Take it or leave it?

I think they just want to get away from my complain, I believe this is a defects!!
pk426 is offline   Reply With Quote