Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35 Excellent platform and the good ol' VQ30DE and VQ35DE engines.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-12-2002, 07:20 AM   #31
bk2kmax
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by JBL85
Mission Viejo
Man, this thing is starting to heat up, so I figured I'd jump in and add my .02. Correct me if I'm wrong, but shouldn't a 97 Max stick be able to beat a 2k auto Max?

I believe I read that on one of these forums before, I think the statement was that the 97 had better low end gearing and low end pull, but the VQ in the 2k has better top end pull. This is why some of the owner's of the 97/96's have installed the MEVI.

So, I guess JB is saying that he can also smash a 2k auto Max as well, are you JB?
bk2kmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2002, 10:02 AM   #32
Paonessa
AF Fanatic

Up until this post i've been civil with you but your being an asshole plain and simple. you're wrong and the 5 other people on the forum who agree with me are all telling you that.

gonna rape your cousin in his ass huh faggot?

well have fun

you're gona call my post lame? well suck a dick it's better than

"cry me a river - build me a bridge - and get over it". faggot

you cali mother fuckers must not be geting the same nissans as us New Yorkers and the other 48 states.

what the fuck kind of car bogs in third gear. 3rd is my cars most powerful gear. i'll smoke you and spend my extra $10,000 i saved on something better. it'll cost you $22,000 to beat my $8,500 maxima
Paonessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2002, 05:17 PM   #33
bk2kmax
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by Paonessa
Up until this post i've been civil with you but your being an asshole plain and simple. you're wrong and the 5 other people on the forum who agree with me are all telling you that.

gonna rape your cousin in his ass huh faggot?

well have fun

you're gona call my post lame? well suck a dick it's better than

"cry me a river - build me a bridge - and get over it". faggot

you cali mother fuckers must not be geting the same nissans as us New Yorkers and the other 48 states.

what the fuck kind of car bogs in third gear. 3rd is my cars most powerful gear. i'll smoke you and spend my extra $10,000 i saved on something better. it'll cost you $22,000 to beat my $8,500 maxima
Man, P you're better than that, you don't have to stoop to anyone else's level. Keep posting the way you've been no matter how disrespectful so people can get on this forum.
Maybe it's just me but I wouldn't even buy an Altima 2.5 (unless money is the limiting factor) you get the 3.5, then you are saying something.
Since the Altima has grown to be bigger than the Max I think it deserves the 3.5 in order to be able to haul all of the excess weight around.
This is one of the reasons I decided to buy my Max, because the Altima I knew it was going to grow in size, power and cost.

Not that it isn't a nice car though, it looks good, it's just that I wouldn't get nothing less than the 3.5 in it.
I still can't see how it can beat a Max (2.5 stick or auto) especially a 97/96 model when the Max was definitely living up to it's 4DSC moniker.
I know that I can say this because I have a 2k Max and some of the Max's natural characteristics were somewhat left behind when they upgraded (ie., added more weight, crappy auto trans and slower from 0-60).
I smoked a 2.5 the other day, the story is in another thread, but JB please for God sake don't get mad like that. There are a lot of people on this board with extensive knowledge and you know cause you been on this forum a while.
No need for the name calling on both ends, it is non-productive and it makes the guys who visit this board from other forums think we are a lil bit immature and idiots for hating on one another like this.
Please fellaz let's find something more constructive to talk about, we can start by looking at the bad @$$ Queen (QueenMaxima)
:silly2:
Old 12-12-2002, 06:27 PM   #34
JBL85
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to JBL85
Ok, so you guys start making fun of me and my car when I have legit kills.

I've beaten FOUR Maximas. Its not a big deal, they areant all that, MY FAMILY HAS OWNED 2 Maximas and 6 Nissans In all. I know what the car is and I know what it is capable of. And like Panoessa said, third gear in the Maxima is strong, NO DOUBT, but I raced THREE Auto Maximas. I beat a 92 5 Speed SE with bolt ons.

Point being my car isnt as big of a piece as you guys make it out to be, Obviously I wanted a V6 but not everyone has money growing off of tree's so I apologize for my financial misfortune since it seems to be such a dissapointment that all I could afford was a decent 4 cylinder car.

As to name calling, what else can I do, you guys are just talking a lot of smack when its not a big deal. I never said I exactly liked my Altima more then my Maxima, but it was Auto and wasnt so great.

And a 95-99 5 Speed Maxima can WHOOP a 2000-2001 Auto.
Old 12-12-2002, 07:26 PM   #35
Paonessa
AF Fanatic

i wasn't talking smack i just said i beat a 6 speed spec v se-r and it's got the same engine and less weight and therefore couldn't believe the claims of jb, i was just making a generalization. i didn't instigate anything and thrasher just agreed with me. someone else started filppin'
Old 12-12-2002, 08:26 PM   #36
JBL85
AF Fanatic

I hope you can beat a sentra, you have a 5 Speed Maxima, my point was I beat a automatic Maxima and you guys got pissed off at my claim, REFER to the first thread. It is about a Maxima beating a Altima and I was telling you guys that you are going to need mods to beat a low 14 second car if you drive an Automatic 96 Maxima.
Old 12-12-2002, 08:30 PM   #37
bk2kmax
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by Paonessa
i wasn't talking smack i just said i beat a 6 speed spec v se-r and it's got the same engine and less weight and therefore couldn't believe the claims of jb, i was just making a generalization. i didn't instigate anything and thrasher just agreed with me. someone else started filppin'
aaaaah,Civility, now that's more like it, I don't think anybody was hating on your Altima, I've owned 3 Altimas and it was a good car, I love the fact that it had one of the biggest 4 cylinders out there and that the torque was more than the honduh accorn.
As far as your financial decision to buy a 2.5, I was stating what I wouldn't do and to each his own. I'm not rich neither do I profess to be, we drive what we can afford.
Just be better to each other than what was going on here before, P, I applaud your civility as well as 97's and yours JB.'
This thread we can all learn something from and that is that everyone of us love our cars and you are not going to say that you did this and that to this car or that car without a comeback.

Just come back with some intelligence and not belligerence.
I enjoy reading posts from all of you guys and I've learned so much from P, 97 and you JB>I believe you sponsor another site, where I'm a member of there also<hope I'm not wrong.

Anyway, as far as Max vs Altima 2.5S or whatever, anybody can get caught sleeping and maybe the driver is not as skilled and maybe you are just a better driver. My point is that none of this will be proven until you either put up some timeslips or drag it out on the track fair and square.

Until then let's keep posting and respecting each other, that way I can keep learning something from all of you.
Old 12-13-2002, 01:44 AM   #38
JBL85
AF Fanatic

Im a member of Maxima.org and Altimas.net and a few random z forums.

I am going to dook it out with my cousin if I dont get caught up in work again. We are filming it so I can show you guys how fast, or in other words, how slow a 2.5 and auto maxima are.

-Nick
Old 12-13-2002, 03:44 PM   #39
MaximusGTR
AF Fanatic

Or you can race me, I'm in Los Angeles, not too far away from you, We have a Maxima click out here with like 12+ people, you can take your pick. If you know where the street races are now, let me know, we'll all be there. They used to be in Conptom, but the Po Po's broke it up. Anyway hit me up whenever
MaximusGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2002, 04:35 PM   #40
JBL85
AF Fanatic

I got an open .5 Mile long strip of road in irvine, we could race during the day and get like 3 or 4 runs in before someone calls the cop, then we have 5 minutes to clear out.

Let me know if you want to come down here.
Old 12-13-2002, 05:10 PM   #41
un4gvnbb
AF Enthusiast

we need places like that in new york where there's just 1/2 or 1/4 mile of straight road where no one bothers you. over here right now its like if you take a shit a cop is there to make sure you dont wipe your ass sideways
Old 12-13-2002, 05:30 PM   #42
bk2kmax
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by un4gvnbb
we need places like that in new york where there's just 1/2 or 1/4 mile of straight road where no one bothers you. over here right now its like if you take a shit a cop is there to make sure you dont wipe your ass sideways
Man all you Big city kats and west coast players are lucky, we don't have anywhere to really run like that in this one horse town, population here is 200 including livestock.
Old 12-14-2002, 11:16 AM   #43
Paonessa
AF Fanatic

hey un4,
You live in westchester?

i live in poughkeepsie/dutchess county. we should start a petition to get a race track built for us. i got maaaaad friends who'll sign it. you ever been to englishtown race track? or liberty race track?
Old 12-17-2002, 09:41 PM   #44
maximafever
AF Newbie

I have to say that this whole thread has been very interesting to read. If you are an excellent driver than maybe you can beat a Max, but when you go up against a driver just as good or better the outcome probably would be different. I raced a late model camaro not knowing what he had under the hood and even though he got me good on the line I stilled pulled past him and when we got to the stop I asked was he stock because I could hear his engine at idle sounding like he was revving up and he wasn't it was just a steady deep groan and he said that it was a V8 with nothing in it stock I told him that my Max was completely stock with a sound system in it and his mouth dropped. So the point is that he should have left me easy, but with the skill that I have it just wasn't happening. I'm up in Reno and we do have about 2 places that are set up for closed track races so if u wanna race let me know and I'll try to get something setup or if you know of a closed track location in the southern part of NV or CA let me know. I plan to be in Vegas in the beginning of next year for a few days. Just a little advice u guys shouldn't post where you do illegal street racing because everyone can read the post and the PO PO might just be the ones responding to your threads asking more info on where you are racing. Oh and just incase I did not mention it before my Max is an auto and you have to be a professional race car driver to beat it in an Altima 2.5 easy kill 3.5 a little harder but I'll probably still come out on top and yes I am confident.
maximafever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2002, 10:10 PM   #45
JBL85
AF Fanatic

Curious as to what year Camaro this is.

My friend has a Mustang, its as fast as a Camaro, but he has beaten 6 Speed Maximas with Intake. Thats 255hp car vs his 260hp, but if you say you can beat a mid 13 second car so be it.

I got footage of me driving, im not beaten the car up, just slipping the clutch off the line and through the gears, here it is since I said I would get a race in with my cousins maxima, but it never happened, over winter break most likely. Its finals week at school

Click here

By the way this is the road I plan on racing on, although I started in the middle and only could hit like 75mph, if you start at the end, you can get up to 100 and have good distance for breaking.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35