Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35 Excellent platform and the good ol' VQ30DE and VQ35DE engines.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-26-2003, 04:41 PM   #196
JBL85
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to JBL85
Well, I think its better then a fourth gen in a few ways. Its outer appearance is equal imo, it has a much lower stance which is better then the stock height of the 4th gen which is a 4x4 look. The altima also has IRS which gives it some what better cornering at high speeds and holds to the ground better in quick turns. Interior is much cheaper on my altima, japanese plastics for sure, Maxima was leather, but leather wasnt good quality, otherwise nicely fit together dash and looked good inside. My altima is much nicer inside even though its cheaper plastic, I guess I just like my interior more though because the design and comfort of the seats. The maxima motor is a very good motor though, nice and smooth and purred as it revved up, auto tranny sucked, I guess you guys talking most the shit have 5 speeds and the 2001 5 Speed maxima I drove was fast as hell, thats why I wouldnt even bother racing any car with a VQ motor and a 5/6 speed tranny. I raced a 2.5s Altima with an auto tranny and I pulled on him like I did honda accords and camrys, so I can see where the disrespect comes from on that part. But for you guys with Auto Maximas and bolt ons racing 5 speed altimas and winning, well its the streets anything can happen, so I will bow down to you when I get my ass literally handed to me by a 4th/5th gen maxima. Until then I will keep arguing and you guys have hte option of ignoring me and just letting me get hte last word.

I dont hate because I got rid of my maxima, I actually was tired of it, she did her job and she was beat with 110k.
Old 01-26-2003, 06:01 PM   #197
bk2kmax
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by JBL85
Well, I think its better then a fourth gen in a few ways. Its outer appearance is equal imo, it has a much lower stance which is better then the stock height of the 4th gen which is a 4x4 look. The altima also has IRS which gives it some what better cornering at high speeds and holds to the ground better in quick turns. Interior is much cheaper on my altima, japanese plastics for sure, Maxima was leather, but leather wasnt good quality, otherwise nicely fit together dash and looked good inside. My altima is much nicer inside even though its cheaper plastic, I guess I just like my interior more though because the design and comfort of the seats. The maxima motor is a very good motor though, nice and smooth and purred as it revved up, auto tranny sucked, I guess you guys talking most the shit have 5 speeds and the 2001 5 Speed maxima I drove was fast as hell, thats why I wouldnt even bother racing any car with a VQ motor and a 5/6 speed tranny. I raced a 2.5s Altima with an auto tranny and I pulled on him like I did honda accords and camrys, so I can see where the disrespect comes from on that part. But for you guys with Auto Maximas and bolt ons racing 5 speed altimas and winning, well its the streets anything can happen, so I will bow down to you when I get my ass literally handed to me by a 4th/5th gen maxima. Until then I will keep arguing and you guys have hte option of ignoring me and just letting me get hte last word.

I dont hate because I got rid of my maxima, I actually was tired of it, she did her job and she was beat with 110k.

Damn your Max was beat with 110K, my Max has that on the ODO now and it's just getting broken in, also we know you have to have the last word, I still think you are underestimating the auto (as if it takes 2 years to shift) and overestimating your 5spd, a 5spd 2k will only pull on a 2k auto by 1-1 1/2 cars this is already been proven, so there's no way in hell you are going to beat an auto Max.

Look at the difference in speed and distance on the 5spd & auto Max, your lil $hitty 2.5 can't make up that difference with its' weight and low torque. Sorry, go ahead and get your last word in, it doesn't matter, no one believes you anyway.
Old 01-26-2003, 08:57 PM   #198
JBL85
AF Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by bk2kmax

Damn your Max was beat with 110K, my Max has that on the ODO now and it's just getting broken in, also we know you have to have the last word, I still think you are underestimating the auto (as if it takes 2 years to shift) and overestimating your 5spd, a 5spd 2k will only pull on a 2k auto by 1-1 1/2 cars this is already been proven, so there's no way in hell you are going to beat an auto Max.

Look at the difference in speed and distance on the 5spd & auto Max, your lil $hitty 2.5 can't make up that difference with its' weight and low torque. Sorry, go ahead and get your last word in, it doesn't matter, no one believes you anyway.
I have driven in a 2000 Maxima and they dont feel powerful at all, my 97 felt much faster. And you are saying a 2000 5 Speed Maxima is not much faster then an Auto 2000 Maxima, well your a jack ass my friend.
Old 01-26-2003, 09:08 PM   #199
bk2kmax
AF Enthusiast

Quote:

I have driven in a 2000 Maxima and they dont feel powerful at all, my 97 felt much faster. And you are saying a 2000 5 Speed Maxima is not much faster then an Auto 2000 Maxima, well your a jack ass my friend.
Thanks my friend for calling me a Jackass, that is the truth no matter how much you think a 5spd can do. I see what you are all about now, profanity and you're a lil too hook on the 5spd, you need to read up a lil more. If you go over to the org the guys over there will tell you the same thing, there won't be a huge difference maybe 1 1/2 cars.

Yes a 97 is slightly faster than a 2k because it is 200lb lighter but it's not much faster because the VQ does all the work at the higher rev range on the 2k and makes up the difference in the take off advantage that the 97 has in the beginning due to its' lighter weight.

If you notice anything, notice this the MEVI was made for their gen so that they will be able to pull like the 5gen does on the higher end of the rev range.

So, I guess this jackass doesn't have to buy into what you are saying because you're not quoting from experiences or facts simply your filthy profane mouth and your "I drive a 5spd so I'm faster than everyone else" brain.
Old 01-27-2003, 12:44 AM   #200
JBL85
AF Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by bk2kmax

Thanks my friend for calling me a Jackass, that is the truth no matter how much you think a 5spd can do. I see what you are all about now, profanity and you're a lil too hook on the 5spd, you need to read up a lil more. If you go over to the org the guys over there will tell you the same thing, there won't be a huge difference maybe 1 1/2 cars.

Yes a 97 is slightly faster than a 2k because it is 200lb lighter but it's not much faster because the VQ does all the work at the higher rev range on the 2k and makes up the difference in the take off advantage that the 97 has in the beginning due to its' lighter weight.

If you notice anything, notice this the MEVI was made for their gen so that they will be able to pull like the 5gen does on the higher end of the rev range.

So, I guess this jackass doesn't have to buy into what you are saying because you're not quoting from experiences or facts simply your filthy profane mouth and your "I drive a 5spd so I'm faster than everyone else" brain.
Look a auto is slower, thats it, I have beaten them, you guys are the ones who dnt believe me, so I am just arguing with you guys. And yes 5 speed vs auto makes all the difference. Tell me why a 1999 5 speed max can run high 14's while an auto runs high 15's on the same day, same weather, same amount of gas in the tank. I raced an auto 2.5, I had my friend in the car, guy had inner lane and took off before me, it was a left turn, I took off after him and passed him up by about 2-3 cars at 80mph, he even had 5 cars on me to start. So auto and 5 speed is all the difference. Not sure if the maxima has some kind of hidden potential with an auto tranny after 100mph, but everytime I raced one I was head till I stopped.
Old 01-27-2003, 12:58 AM   #201
JBL85
AF Fanatic

My 97 GLE

My Nicer/Newer/Faster Altima

Old 01-27-2003, 03:30 AM   #202
joeB
AF Enthusiast

Alot of arguing going on here.

Like that Altima.
joeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2003, 01:03 PM   #203
JBL85
AF Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by joeB

Like that Altima.
Thanks joeB, how you been, I havent talked to you in awhile?
Old 01-27-2003, 01:20 PM   #204
bk2kmax
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by joeB

Like that Altima.
I wouldn't call what I'm doing arguing, I use the politically correct term, "Constructive Debating." hehe

Anyway just look at JBL last post, it is ridiculous what he said, no one is going to believe that with that much of a difference that he was able to close and walk the other car with the same engine, same top end by more than 2-3 cars.

I never said that the auto was faster only a fool would believe that an auto is faster than a 5spd but you make it sound as though the auto isn't shifting and the car will just be sitting still.

Either way you look at it there isn't a 3 car distance in between an auto and 5spd Max, maybe with an Altima there is because they are too slow and don't have the torque of a Max to make up the difference in distance.

Anyone who isn't biased who has raced a car of the same type one with stick the other with auto will tell you that the distance will not be 3 cars, it's only 1 1/2 for the Max, then again you're not driving a Max JBL are you?
Old 01-27-2003, 03:18 PM   #205
Paonessa
AF Fanatic

Quote:

Shitty huh, yeah keep talkin shit, my car probably looks about 10x better then your 95 POS. Dont hate cuz my car is nicer.

Whenever Maximus can race and finds a place, Ill beat his Maxima for you guys to enjoy, also keep in mind he never told me his mods, so he is probably running nitrous.
For one, no altima looks nicer than a 95 and up maxima, don't You hate cuz you blew $20K on an ugly, slow altima. Second ,even if you do beat maximus(which you won't) you already said you'd get owned by me so quit playin' yourself for a chump. Third go find a forum you belong to if you're not gonna be constructive. come in here and start talkin shit like an idiiot. Did you expect anyone in a maxima forum to say there car is slower than a car with a smaller displacement engine with less overall torque and HP, in a body that's 300 lbs heavier. You might as well be driving a civic.

You're a fuckin' joke, if I were maximus i'd knock your ass out after I blew the doors of your PIECE OF SHIT. fuck the acronyms. come to NY and see what happens.
Paonessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2003, 09:00 PM   #206
JBL85
AF Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by Paonessa

For one, no altima looks nicer than a 95 and up maxima, don't You hate cuz you blew $20K on an ugly, slow altima. Second ,even if you do beat maximus(which you won't) you already said you'd get owned by me so quit playin' yourself for a chump. Third go find a forum you belong to if you're not gonna be constructive. come in here and start talkin shit like an idiiot. Did you expect anyone in a maxima forum to say there car is slower than a car with a smaller displacement engine with less overall torque and HP, in a body that's 300 lbs heavier. You might as well be driving a civic.

You're a fuckin' joke, if I were maximus i'd knock your ass out after I blew the doors of your PIECE OF SHIT. fuck the acronyms. come to NY and see what happens.
You sound like a nagging bitch, stfu already. Dont bring displacement into it, because I can say something dumb like an S2000 is only 2.0 liters and that will win a race.

I dont expect anyone with a maxima to say their car is slower, go back to my first post, I simply stated, I beat a few Maximas, then you guys had a hissy fit as if to cover up for small extremities of your body and got all worried that your car was beat by a faster one.

Old 01-28-2003, 03:02 AM   #207
joeB
AF Enthusiast

Quote:

Thanks joeB, how you been, I havent talked to you in awhile?
Im fine, hows about you?.

I know my Maxima is pretty fast, even the 98 GXE auto.

I have no idea on how fast the new 4cyl Altimas are though.

I havent got to drive one yet, and I havent seen any times on

the 4 cylinder Altimas yet from any magazines. Maybe Ill go

drive one this weekend at one of the Nissan dealers.
joeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2003, 11:48 AM   #208
JBL85
AF Fanatic

Yeah go for it, its a fun little car to drive I rather have a 5 speed/6speed maxima or a V6 Altima, but oh well, I get a whopping 21mpg
Old 01-28-2003, 11:56 AM   #209
thrasher
AF Enthusiast

if you're just looking for a fun little car to drive, spend the extra couple g's and get a WRX
thrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2003, 12:12 PM   #210
97wvmax
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to 97wvmax
jbl, if the maxima was build as a SPORTS CAR like the s2000, im sure it would pack a little more punch, but holy shit, its a family sedan, go figure the s2000 would be a lil faster huh? :finger4:
97wvmax is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35