Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Engineering/Technical Ask technical questions about cars. Do you know how a car engine works?
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-05-2009, 08:52 PM   #1
69mach1
AF Newbie

Question C6 Transmission in a 66 mustang

I had a c4 transmission in my 66 mustang that recently went out. I've replaced it with a c6 transmission from TCI. I am having a hard time finding a transmission mount or crossmember that will bolt up right. Is there anywhere to get a crossmember that will fit a 66 mustang coupe with a c6 transmission or do I have to make my own?
69mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 02:35 PM   #2
moretti124guy
AF Newbie

Re: C6 Transmission in a 66 mustang

Not that I know of, if yoy may check to see if the AOD or T5 conversion memebers will fit.
moretti124guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 10:06 PM   #3
Cubic Destiny
AF Newbie

Re: C6 Transmission in a 66 mustang

Most Big Block stangs w/ Drag Pack option are your new target for that cross member which will fit your C-6 conversion. Many people think a Manual conversion is their ticket and that creates a new audience for you as well.Hot rodding and Muscle car building is about being creative to find what your searching for; start calling the top suppliers and ask about any leads for people buying or asking about BB manual conversions because they are about to give away the parts your prayin for. Call Melvins in conyer Georgia; Delta Mustangs in Northern california,Call Mel at Holman -Moody, Alabama.Carol Shelby lives in the Gardena Hills and stops in at the office two days a week; his staff is very helpful and they know what fords are made of.Transmission shops or Builders that specialize in fomoco trans might have that under a bench or pay 290.00 clams on E Bay Motors #3900 3735 7398 it is a unique Mount and very pricey
Cubic Destiny is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical