Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Del Sol
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-10-2004, 08:01 PM   #1
Privatebigandrew
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to Privatebigandrew Send a message via Yahoo to Privatebigandrew
RIP Del Sol (for now)

Well, i know i haven't posted in a while, but my life has been turned upside own lately. Imagin this all in one day. My girlfriend of 4 years moves out, i wreck my car, the accident is "my fault", i have a chance of losing my liscence which in turns puts me in line to lose my job. Great day huh? anyhow, i was coming home from work about two weeks ago and it was raining out side. I'm going along doing under the speed limit and keeping plenty of distance b/t me and the car ahead. All the cars ahead slam on brakes, and being an experinced driver, i moderatly apply the brakes and turn the wheel to drive into the grass to avoid locking up the tires. Much to my surprise, the tires lock up anyway (i've applied th brakes much harder in the same situation b/f with no problems) and i slide right into the back of the car in front of me, causing him to slide into the back of a truck. So the front end of the sol is screwed. The radiator is mm's from the header and is busted leaking coolant. It's fixable, but i can't decide wheter or not to use this as an opportunity to fix her up with a new front end completely (carbon fiber bumper, hood, fenders, then paint it all black...sleeper baby) or just to buy a 92-95 hatch and transfe my motor an acc. over to it. Help me out guys.
Accel plug wires, NGK iridium IX plugs, AEM short ram intake, DC sports ceramic coated header (4-2-1), Airmass high flow cat ,Custom Magnaflow exhaust, Bosal Brospeed tips, Neuspeed short throw shifter, Tokico clutch master cylinder, Tokico clutch slave cylinder, Prothane complete kit bushings, Brembo front rotors, NR EL-Glo instrument gauges, CTR LSD trans with ITR final drive, Exedy chromoly flywheel, ACT HDSS clutch kit, Raxle axles.
Privatebigandrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 09:31 PM   #2
Plastic_Fork
AF Enthusiast

Re: RIP Del Sol (for now)

My opinion:

If the frame's okay fix up the Sol. Of course, I'm a bit biased. My Sol will have to be pried from my lifeless fingers before I give it up. But that's just me.

I do want a hatch as well though - that'll be a second car for me one of these days.

1995 Honda CRX del Sol VTEC
Manufactured: Suzuka, Japan
Production Sequence #1269

Team Del Sol member #1131
HondaVision: Team Sol Forum - Home of Team Del Sol

Old 11-11-2004, 05:13 PM   #3
whtteg
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to whtteg
Re: Re: RIP Del Sol (for now)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plastic_Fork
My opinion:

If the frame's okay fix up the Sol. Of course, I'm a bit biased. My Sol will have to be pried from my lifeless fingers before I give it up. But that's just me.

I do want a hatch as well though - that'll be a second car for me one of these days.
Jon you know that after riding in the TEG after the work is done you will want one
j/k

Sorry to hear about your car Privatebigandrew. Hope things go well for you.
Old 11-11-2004, 05:41 PM   #4
Plastic_Fork
AF Enthusiast

I'll hold you to that promised ride, Tim.
I wouldn't mind owning a 'Teg though. That's gonna be a little while from now though.

I'll still whoop up on 'ya though when I'm finished.

Old 11-11-2004, 05:45 PM   #5
whtteg
AF Enthusiast

Thread hijack , sorry Privatebigandrew

Quote:
I'll still whoop up on 'ya though when I'm finished.
*dr.evil voice* Right.
Old 11-11-2004, 06:01 PM   #6
Plastic_Fork
AF Enthusiast

We'll see.

Old 11-12-2004, 12:53 PM   #7
97SilverSol
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to 97SilverSol

sorry bout that man..... if i had to switch away from my sol into another honda or acura id go wiht a integra or a prelude...
97SilverSol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2004, 09:03 PM   #8
Privatebigandrew
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to Privatebigandrew Send a message via Yahoo to Privatebigandrew

update on the sol. I tore the front end apart and found that it is going to be more work than its worth. The radiator support is mangled and the front vertical brace is twisted. A lot of cutting and welding is in need. Anyhow, for the same money i can get a 92-95 hatch or a 88-91 CRX....aww the memories of my first car. I think i actually like my CRX dx detter than the sol. After tearing the front end off, i drove the car around my home town like it was a SCCA track. i knew it was gonna be a while until i got to drive it again, so i really ripped into it. Man am i gonna miss VTEC.....good thing i get to quench my urges on a RSX type s every now and then, but it is still not the sam as a sol with an intake and exhaust....
Accel plug wires, NGK iridium IX plugs, AEM short ram intake, DC sports ceramic coated header (4-2-1), Airmass high flow cat ,Custom Magnaflow exhaust, Bosal Brospeed tips, Neuspeed short throw shifter, Tokico clutch master cylinder, Tokico clutch slave cylinder, Prothane complete kit bushings, Brembo front rotors, NR EL-Glo instrument gauges, CTR LSD trans with ITR final drive, Exedy chromoly flywheel, ACT HDSS clutch kit, Raxle axles.
Old 12-05-2004, 09:04 PM   #9
Privatebigandrew
AF Regular

damn i cant type....i meant liked my CRX....i no longer have it...and better, not detter
Old 12-08-2004, 10:19 PM   #10
Plastic_Fork
AF Enthusiast

The motor on the Sol is fine isn't it? Buy the hatch or CRX and swap that sucker in.

Old 12-08-2004, 11:38 PM   #11
whtteg
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
The motor on the Sol is fine isn't it? Buy the hatch or CRX and swap that sucker in.
Yep a B16 hatch would be fun.
Old 12-19-2004, 12:06 AM   #12
Privatebigandrew
AF Regular

You know it. I would really like to get another CRX. man i loves that thing. But an OBD0 vehicle to an OBD1 is a pain. If you know of any good swap sites let me know. I was looking at a 92-95 hatch due to the ease of installation, plus they look clean as hell with the wings west kit.
Old 12-20-2004, 12:20 PM   #13
Plastic_Fork
AF Enthusiast

Yeah, I absolutely love the 5th gen Civic hatches. When I have the money to buy a second car, that's what I'm going to get.

Found this on my old 3rd gen Accord forum:
OBD0 to OBD1 conversion harness

Also, I'd check the 4th gen Civic forum here. I'm pretty sure someone there has an OBD0 to OBD1 guide posted or a link to one that was made.

Also:
http://www.4thgenerationcivic.com/
http://www.civic4g.com/

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Del Sol