Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Panoz > AIV Roadster
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-25-2005, 11:11 PM   #1
99PanozAIV
AF Newbie

Hello

Hello all,

Just wondering if there are any other Panoz owners near me. I live near Frederick, MD, about 40 miles west of both DC and Baltimore. I've met one guy at a local car show who has an Esperante but I've not met any other AIV owners. I heard there's a fellow in Annapolis with a silver AIV but no contact. Mine's a 1999 (engine is a 1998 however, from Panoz that way), black with beige interior and burl wood trim with aluminum accent package. It has just over 7,000 miles on it. I'm probably going to make a few slight mods soon (e.g. shorty headers, Diablosport Predator performance tune, switch to 3.73 rear, maybe underdrive pulleys, not sure about the pulleys though). These few mods should get me to under 8 lbs/hp. woooowoooo; we're talkin' some mean power/wt figures there.
99PanozAIV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 06:44 PM   #2
Day Dreamer
AF Newbie

Re: Hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99PanozAIV
Hello all,

Just wondering if there are any other Panoz owners near me. I live near Frederick, MD, about 40 miles west of both DC and Baltimore. I've met one guy at a local car show who has an Esperante but I've not met any other AIV owners. I heard there's a fellow in Annapolis with a silver AIV but no contact. Mine's a 1999 (engine is a 1998 however, from Panoz that way), black with beige interior and burl wood trim with aluminum accent package. It has just over 7,000 miles on it. I'm probably going to make a few slight mods soon (e.g. shorty headers, Diablosport Predator performance tune, switch to 3.73 rear, maybe underdrive pulleys, not sure about the pulleys though). These few mods should get me to under 8 lbs/hp. woooowoooo; we're talkin' some mean power/wt figures there.
Welcome to the board 99PanozAIV; keep us posted on your mods. How much more horsepower do you think you can make? I can't even control the horsepower Panoz provided me. I may be wrong, but I believe we may be running a bit more horses that Ford publishes. Cold air filter, throttle body and possible computer mods that did not come with the motor from Ford's SVT team. Oh yea, mine is triple black. If you ever come down to Tennessee, bring you Roadster, there is some good rides around.
Day Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 09:14 AM   #3
99PanozAIV
AF Newbie

Re: Re: Hello

Hi,

Thanks for the Welcome. I'm not looking to make a ton more power. Chris at Diablosports told me a Predator Performance Tune, all else being equal, should get me about 10 - 15 hp and 15 - 20 tq. I figure the headers would be a bit less but work in well with the tune. I want one more summer driving it to make sure I can handle it. You're right that it's a handful given the torque it has and how light it is, so I'm not sure the lower rear is really a good idea, at least right now. It has trouble hooking now, even in second if I'm not careful how I shift, and that's with BFG G-Force on it. So the tune and headers will probably be it for the near future. It's not a big increase relative to the engine output, but when you compare the gain in output vs. the weight of the car, a little bit goes a long way with these things.

You can see a couple pics of it in a thread on Modular Fords; I was just starting to explore what kinds of enhancements might be good. The 4.6L/4V likes high rev as you know; most of my thinking was to do things that would be most noticeable once the revs got up so I could work into the max power. Anyway, here's a link:

http://www.modularfords.com/forums/4...ighlight=Panoz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Day Dreamer
Welcome to the board 99PanozAIV; keep us posted on your mods. How much more horsepower do you think you can make? I can't even control the horsepower Panoz provided me. I may be wrong, but I believe we may be running a bit more horses that Ford publishes. Cold air filter, throttle body and possible computer mods that did not come with the motor from Ford's SVT team. Oh yea, mine is triple black. If you ever come down to Tennessee, bring you Roadster, there is some good rides around.
Old 03-04-2006, 08:37 AM   #4
99PanozAIV
AF Newbie

I'm going to start putting a lot of pics and info on a site for my car and want to post a link to it here.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2282827
Old 04-08-2006, 08:31 PM   #5
REDAIV
AF Newbie

Cool Re: Hello

Just bought a 98 AIV, picking it up next week, its yellow/black interior.
Wondering why roll bars were never considered for these cars given the performance. Seems to me a Porsche Boxer style seat with integral roll bar would provide some protection. If any car gets sideways at high speed, turnovers are possible-

Do they underseer or is it failry neutral.

RED
REDAIV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 07:17 PM   #6
99PanozAIV
AF Newbie

Hey, nice to meet you! Are you by any chance the person who bought the yellow one that popped up on the Dupont Registry a few weeks ago? I don't remember the dealer that had it. I agree about the roll bar. JRD in GA does roll bars for them but he said no one's ever taken him up on it since you cannot use the (so called) "roof".

I haven't been pushing mine too close to the limits yet on cornering but I understand they have just a little bit of understeer (because of fast turn-in?) but it's reeeeal easy to hang out the rear whenever. I believe there's a small rear weight bias.

I found a good local guy to work on modular Ford products (www.woodbinemotorsports.com) and I'll be taking it in for him to go through it thoroughly, all lines, hoses, etc., and change ALL fluids. After that, my first small mods are some minor upgrades to the ignition system and the LDC Chicago Cooling Mod and he's an SCT tuner so I'll be getting a tune from him. I hang out a lot at www.modularfords.com, under this same handle. Hope you're having a blast with yours; I am with mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDAIV
Just bought a 98 AIV, picking it up next week, its yellow/black interior.
Wondering why roll bars were never considered for these cars given the performance. Seems to me a Porsche Boxer style seat with integral roll bar would provide some protection. If any car gets sideways at high speed, turnovers are possible-

Do they underseer or is it failry neutral.

RED
Old 04-17-2006, 07:30 PM   #7
99PanozAIV
AF Newbie

Also, been trying to find out from Panoz if this site is legit (seems odd they don't have a link to the factory site and vice versa). Anyway, if it is for real, great idea and I'll register mine there. Regardless, lots of neat info/pics I've not seen anywhere else.

http://www.panozroadster.com/
Old 05-02-2006, 02:56 PM   #8
panozregistry
AF Newbie

Hi
Yes the www.panozregistry.com site is authorized by the factory. Check out www.panozauto.com and you will see under the panoz experience, the link to our site. If you own a Panoz Roadster, please register your car. All replies are kept confidential. The factory has provided the database of owners and I may have your car's history if you send me your VIN. Ed
panozregistry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 07:12 PM   #9
99PanozAIV
AF Newbie

Re: Panozregistry

Hi,

Thanks for the reply and, as I guess you already know, I have sent you my registration information, although I don't see my car on the site yet (I bought it from Marshall Goldman Motor Sales and Leasing in Ohio). I received a note back from Jim McBride at Panoz saying that your site was authorized by them and immediately registered. Great site by the way. I stop in almost every day to see if there's something new.

I got a few of the original ads from adaholics.com but you've got the best collection of info there I've seen. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by panozregistry
Hi
Yes the www.panozregistry.com site is authorized by the factory. Check out www.panozauto.com and you will see under the panoz experience, the link to our site. If you own a Panoz Roadster, please register your car. All replies are kept confidential. The factory has provided the database of owners and I may have your car's history if you send me your VIN. Ed

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Panoz > AIV Roadster