Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > Camry/Camry Hybrid/Vista
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-18-2016, 09:12 PM   #1
Trainwreck817
AF Newbie

Thumbs down HELP!!!! Toyota Camry '04 No Crank No Start

Forgive me if I don't sound very intelligent but I don't know to much about cars. However, I am trying my best to learn!! Lol

I have a 2004 Toyota Camry LE with 130xxxmiles. The car died out while driving it one day. The lights and radio worked fine but the car would not start. I tried to jump start the car but no luck. Wouldn't crank or click or anything !!!

Now it's been broken down for about a month. I have gotten the car to click every now and then and assumed I had a bad starter so it was replaced and I had the battery tested and charged and it tested good. The car clicked with jumper cables on it but wouldn't start but once the cables were removed it just made a small thump noise. I suspected the engine could have seized but I can hand crank the engine just fine. I checked both relay fuses and they are both good.

I gues I need to know where to go from here? I have very little money and can't afford to just replace everything in the car so I am searching for a way to identify th source. I have been reading online and many posts have lead me to suspect the alternator, ignition switch, or relay fuse. What you you guys think?? I tried to put as much info as I could..but if I left some out pleSe tell me.
Trainwreck817 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 09:34 PM   #2
Crvett69
AF Moderator

Re: HELP!!!! Toyota Camry '04 No Crank No Start

find the starter and have someone turn key while you listen at starter. if its whats making the noise then its getting power from the ignition switch and you either have a bad main wire from battery to it or a bad ground cable or the connections on the battery are bad. if its not whats making the noise then you need to unhook the small wire going to it and see if you get 12v at it when someone turns key to start position. if you don't then it could be ignition switch of neutral safety/clutch pedal switch. do all the dash warning lights come on when you turn key on?
Crvett69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 10:19 AM   #3
somick
AF Enthusiast

If your car died while driving why did you replace the starter?

But since it has been done, like Crvett99 recommended, begin with the starter. When you turn your key to start the car it suppose to rotate the engine. If engine does not rotate fix this problem first.

Good luck,
Sam

somick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 11:37 AM   #4
Trainwreck817
AF Newbie

A friend suggested it might be the start because it wasn't clicking or something but when I removed it and had it tested it failed so I thought that was my problem. But nope
Trainwreck817 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 08:02 AM   #5
Brian R.
Resident Chemist

Send a message via Yahoo to Brian R.

Batteries can test good for voltage and be garbage. I would replace the battery. If you have access to a known good battery, test it in place.

"What we've got here is a failure to communicate"
Brian R. is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > Camry/Camry Hybrid/Vista